Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Looking for the perfect lip stain/tint w/no flavor/texture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry, jper, it can be weird at first until it decides you're no longer a "new member". But thanks for risking the annoying messages and helping us out with this info! Theoretically I could contact a Senegence rep to get them - in fact, I'll go ahead and do that, and post on the site if/when I get a reply. Smile I hate when products don't list ingredients on their site! It's fine in my opinion to put them on the box rather than the tube itself, but we should always be able to find ingredient lists online, grrr. They're not alone in this though, many companies don't.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update: I started fooling around in the "lab" again to see if I can create a decent "base" for a lip stain (i.e.: the stuff that the pigment is suspended in) -- I'm currently awaiting the arrival of some new ingredients to use (i.e.: "jojoba gel") in it, but once I can create a decent base for the stain (you don't want to use too many oil-based ingredients b/c that can prevent the stain from adhering to the lip surface properly, but you don't want the elephant-skin effect either so it's a fine line), it'll probably be a piece of cake to add the pigment/s so everyone can have their HG shade....once I get a stain-base that I'm happy with, I'll post the recipe.

I'm also interested in the ingredients for Senegence to see what makes it different from Vl and the others so if anyone finds them posted online anywhere, please share the link or cut+paste the ingredients here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailed a rep, since the Senegence site was less than user-friendly for contact info unless you wanted to become a distributor. I'll update as soon as I can!

And Carrie, this is rad. I totally want to make my own stains, though I'm inexperienced with buying pigments. Still, very cool!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so my four VL stains I ordered just came yesterday. Baby Boo looks surprisingly awesome on me, as do Cupid's Breath and My Sunshine if I apply them with a nice, light touch and blot right away. And Cupid's Breath and My Sunshine look really good if I layer them with my HG Liquid Kiss - both are more reddish than the purply LK on me, and combined it looks like a brighter and darker version of my natural lip color, whereas Baby Boo was surprisingly subtle and natural on me. (I think that my overwhelmingly pink skin tones allow me to wear MUCH cooler colors than most people while having it still look natural.)

However, Angel's Touch is poison on me. It is super-dark purple (which I don't at all recall from the tester I tried!) and looks like a grape Kool-Aid Goth abomination, even if I do it super-light and scrub half of it off - the shade is just all wrong for me even if it's light, which it isn't by nature. Ah well, live and learn. Anyone want my once-used tube? I'd be happy to swap for something or just give it away and trust EDS-karma to do its job. PM me if interested. Smile

Oh yeah, and the Senegence rep I emailed asked for my mailing address to send me the ingredients. SO weird! I asked her if it couldn't be done over email, and she said no (with no explanation). So I gave her my work address, haha, since I don't particularly want my info to get put on a Senegence bulk mail list - our interaction was just weird and I got a strange vibe so I just didn't want to give out personal info. But my job here ends at the end of August, so hopefully she'll send it before I'm done here!

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Here is another nice lip stain. I received it as a gift with purchase from EDS. Colorscience Finger Face Paints. The description below talks about it on cheeks. However, directions say for eyes and lips also. I received Face Paint in color Seduction. The color is very sheer and lasts hours. The only thing I did not care for was it has a hint of glitter. Very pretty and long lasting.Directions said to apply over gloss. Looked lovely on cheeks in evening.

Description:

Pure genius! Once you try Colorescience's new Finger Face Paints - you may never go back to traditional blush again. The super-smooth formula blends like a dream and once it dries it won't fade, smudge, or smear. You'll get color that glows from within and unlike other cream blushes - it will last all day. Clear, transparent color with the gilded accents of precious metals. Glides on like satin, dries like velvet. 0.25 fl. oz.

Right now I don't see it for sale on EDS. Got description from another site.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
This thread got me using Cupid's Breath again. I had been using CK's tinted lip balms, which I love. Cupid's breath is actually too dramatic for me. Does anybody know if there's a muted version of it? On the whole, stains don't last long on my lips. I put it on at 8am (and feel that it's too intense) and, by 11am, I can't see anything.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
This thread got me using Cupid's Breath again. I had been using CK's tinted lip balms, which I love. Cupid's breath is actually too dramatic for me. Does anybody know if there's a muted version of it? On the whole, stains don't last long on my lips. I put it on at 8am (and feel that it's too intense) and, by 11am, I can't see anything.

Honestly, they're ALL too dramatic for me, that's why I apply my stains so lightly and immediately blot. I do think the VL ones last much longer than other brands. The Styli-Style and other marker-format ones are totally lighter, at least in the pale colors - but they really don't last, I find.

I wonder if you could dilute the Vincent Longo stains by adding a bit of water? I may just have to try that when one of my tubes gets low.

You might want to try the Lorac stains I reviewed, as I found them to be much lighter than the VL ones. In fact, let me know if you want me to decant you a bit of one when my empty applicator tubes finally arrive, so you can try them out yourself.

Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ginnielizz. I shouldn't try anything else though as I have a few million lip products just languishing. Embarassed
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hahahahah, I hear ya. I pretty much abandoned lipstick entirely when Grant and I started dating, since I don't like having to take it off to kiss him - so I have all these gorgeous shades just wasting away. At least it keeps pretty well!

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
So hey, I finally got a pamphlet in the mail from the Senegence distributor that I had emailed ages ago. (I had asked her for the ingredients in the Senegene LipSense and she insisted on mailing them instead of email, so I gave her my work address thinking I wanted to avoid getting on some mass distribution list at home, and then promptly forgot to check for weeks...) anyway.

Senegence LipSense and LinerSense ingredients (for some reason the list is combined for the two):

Quote:
SD Alcohol 40-B, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Silica, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Isodinis Japonicus Extract. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:2), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Methicone.

Man, was that a pain in the *ss to type in! At least now we know what it has... and I know I definitely won't be ordering any; not with alcohol as the first ingredient. I can understand why some stains dry people out with an ingredient like that! Plus, the whole potential allergic reaction to bismuth... but then again, stains aren't exactly Natural City, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Hope this helps in case anyone else was curious about these Senegence ones!

mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
IMHO The VL ones stained the insides of my lips but not the outsides (weird) .... the revlon bitten ones, however, were amazing - i just used my finger (although that gets stained Shock ) and let it dry before putting on a balm to keep them moisturised.
Ive also tried a Stila one (like the marker) and it was awful.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, that's so funny! For me it was the exact oppisite, the VL was great uniformly but the Revlon only stained the inside. Want my Revlon one in Berry Something? Smile

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
sorry if someone has posted this one already, but the NARS lip gloss stains are awesome. very full coverage, and don't emphasize flakes/cracks on your lips.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Also try using a Q-tip! Someone else posted that, and ever since starting that I find I like Benetint a lot better.

Ok, people are going to think this is weird, but I've found that my dream applicator for lip tints is a concealer brush. The synthetic fibers don't absorb the liquid, and the flat shape is easier (for me anyway) to work with than the standard skinny lip brushes (though maybe it's because I have fairly full lips); not to mention less fuzzy than a Q-tip. I can also, post a rave for the new Laura Mercier tints, which are really heavily pigmented "lipstick in a pot" sort of thing (also applied with a concealer brush). I do like the VL ones, but find because my lips are really dry and chapped, that the pigment sticks to the dry or damaged parts and not on my upper (less try) lip. It ends up looking like I have leprosy...
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I too have the leprosy issue unless I exfoliate really well, and even then there are some chapped days that stain just doesn't work. But for the most part if I stay well-hydrated, it's not an issue.

Thanks for the concealer brush tip, I'm gonna try that now!

Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I totally didn't mean to offend any lepers out there. It does, however, look a bit strange and not very healthy. Neutral
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hi folks, I'm forever searching for the perfect lip color product that I can wear, and still kiss my boyfriend without having him recoil in horror (he REALLY doesn't like the taste or feel of any kind of balm/gloss/lipstick, no matter how mild!).

I've never tried Benetint, but I'm pretty fair and I am just worried it'll be too dark, and it's kind of a gross/unclean thing to sample a tester of! Others I've tried are these marker-like things Sephora made but then discontinued, and same with the Body Shop, now discontinued. But I find most of the time these are too dark for my fair skin, plus they do taste kinda chemical-y and they come off easily with just saliva so that's a no-go! I'd just like to be able to have something to wear occasionally, when I know we're gonna smooch. Smile I'm fine wearing my normal glosses, etc. at work or out with the gals. Anyone have any recommendations?

Oh, and I prefer a stain/tint, not a stay-on lipstick like Revlon makes - those feel so drying! Sigh, maybe I'll start using a pink Sharpie!!! Ah, the irony, I'm usually so anti-chemical but for this purpose I want something lethally strong that can't just get wiped off if I take a sip of water!
Benefit is a good choice. A favorite of mine is also one by Sweet Leilani. Great for lips too.

http://www.sweetleilani.com/products_blusher.html
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
K, so, I finally got my Internet order of empty lip gloss tubes with wand applicators, and I finally got around to transferring some of my non-Vincent-Longo stains into Vincent-Longo-like containers.

The end result was... disappointing. I transferred in my Lorac and my Benetint, and I also created a tube combining a bit of both because, hey, why not? But the consistency was too watery, the stains didn't last, they still went on kind of blotchy/uneven, and they were easier to apply but didn't really look all that much better.

The moral of the story - it's not JUST the packaging. Vincent Long stains really are just vastly better. Too bad he doesn't make more shades!

blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
benetint is by far the best I've come across. It has small ingrediant list and I've had no reactions in my sensitive skin to it! It also leaves the most amazing rosy color, whether I'm "tanned" or not!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
So I was in Sephora recently, and I tried out the Vincent Longo pearlescent stain thingies, just to see what the heck they were.

Weird, is the answer. It's basically like a gloss combined with a stain. They had a freakishly over-pearly look when I swiped them on my hand, and they didn't seem to dry to a gloopless finish, but instead stayed wet. When I wiped them off, the stain mark of their base pigment remained.

What I like about these is that they have the same application and staying power (for the base pigment part) as VL's regular stains, but in lighter colors. All the regular ones are so dang dark that they can look really vampy on my super-fair complexion. So it was nice to see these lighter versions, but I don't think I'll actually buy them -- I don't want to have to swipe off the pearly gloopy sparkly stuff every time. (And I really, really did NOT like the look of the pearly part, at least not for me.)

Anyway, just thought I'd post this blurb in case any of you were curious!

skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I really like benetint. I use it for my lips and cheeks and it goes well on my pale skin. I have the pocketpal and it's pretty convenient but I don't like the gloss that's attached to it that much. I had never thought of trying Vincent Longo but from reading this thread it appears like it's a winner.

Ginnielizz, is liquid kiss still your favorite? I wanted something subtle and thought maybe baby boo would be better but which one would you suggest I try first if I was only going to try one? It sounds like we have similar coloring so I thought I would take advantage of your VASTE experience in trying so many stains out!!
Thanks Laughing

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever used a henna or herb based product? Ingredients listed are: Barberry Root Powder, Bees wax, Cosmetic color, Glycerin, Flower scent and Mineral water.

The one I was looking at was hennaking dot com. It is considered a cosmetic stain. I don't know if it actually contains any real henna.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I use benetint, but also use NARS as well.
They have a shade called Sayonara, that seems to work well on a range of people. I know reese witherspoon uses it, and she is fair and blonde, and I use it as well, and I'm tanned and brunette.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Estee Lauder lip stains. They have a great tint, but not the sticky feeling.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad that Benetint works for so many, but I'd like to put a word of warning out to those who are fragrance sensitive.

Benetint REALLY smells like roses. And if you're prone to headaches etc from perfumes and the like, you might have problems with Benetint.

I did. It was very very sad.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |