Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I don't feel the tingling anymore...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Cellex-C high potency serum 4 weeks ago. When I first started using it I feel strong tingling sensation and I have to use the B5 gel immediately after to sooth my face. My skin was glowing from the c-serum and I am happy with it. But now I am into the 5th week, I feel almost none tingling at all. And my initial glow from using the C serum doesn't seem to be that noticable anymore. Does it mean the serum lost its potency on me already?
Does any c-serum users share similar experience?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei, your Cellex C has not lost any potency. Our skin gets use to actives. You are not feeling tingling as your face is getting accustomed to C.

I used Cellex C many years ago when it first came out. It is a potent C. I suggest that you exfoliate well (once a week) and keep you skin hydrated. Cellex C is an excellent product but I found it dehydrated my skin. If I started using it now I would not have that problem as I know so much more about skin care then I did back then.

Sometimes I like switching things up in my routine. If my face was loving a product but the effects come to a halt I discontinue for a week. During the week I am removing that product from my routine I might just use a nice moisturizer. When I reintroduce the product my skin gets another jump start.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Cellex-C serum and Hydra 5B for about 2 months. It was the first time that I have ever used a vitamin C and I only get the tingling occassionally, and it's very minor. I bought mine off the shopping channel and the lady on the show was saying that new users would probably notice a tingling for a while but as a long term user, she doesn't notice it anymoe, but it is still doing the job. So what you are experiencing is normal.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have the Cellex-C. It was my 1st topical Vit. C. Whether I tingle or not depends on how my skin's doing Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your responses, makes me feel more confident in continueing using the product.

Winnie, I will follow your advice, maybe take a break from the C and restart to give my skin a jump start. I'd love to see the glow back.

Diana, I got the Cellex C from same place and same time as you did. Smile I just found a local merchant in Vancouver who sells Cellex-C at 30% discount and offers the same deal as TSC. I may buy mine from there next time.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Diana, I got the Cellex C from same place and same time as you did. Smile I just found a local merchant in Vancouver who sells Cellex-C at 30% discount and offers the same deal as TSC. I may buy mine from there next time.

Would you mind PMing me the name and number of the merchant? I'm not sure when it will be on TSC again, and I already finished the Hydra 5B (now using PSF HA) and I would like too get my DH using the high potency serum. I'm not sure where else to buy Cellex-C other than directly from their website, so I would like to call your local merchant and see if they will ship to Ontario.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
iaimei wrote:

Would you mind PMing me the name and number of the merchant? I'm not sure when it will be on TSC again, and I already finished the Hydra 5B (now using PSF HA) and I would like too get my DH using the high potency serum. I'm not sure where else to buy Cellex-C other than directly from their website, so I would like to call your local merchant and see if they will ship to Ontario.

Diana, I will PM you once I got the phone number from them.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
This might be when it was something new and the tingling meant that it was working but now you are used to it just means that your skin is not reacting so much but it is still working. This happened me and I used it alternate days/nights but if the tingling continued I would not still be using it but it went.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I've found this to happen with other products as well - which is sometimes too bad, since I like the tingly sensation in some cases.

And sometimes, after using a product for many years, I don't notice how soft it is, or the same feeling I got the first couple times I used the product (I remember this happened this Thalgo's cream wash), but since I still see it has a positive effect on my skin, I don't think twice about it.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Winnie, that your skin does get used to a product after a while, and it is good to switch or alternate products every once in awhile...I do the same with shampoos Very Happy
lilkid13
5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use "Oxy Triple Action " medicated acne pads. At first I would feel a tingly sensation through my face. But after a while of using it I could no longer feel the tingle, AND my skin wasn't healing up as well as it would before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I think your skin is already used to the serum that is why you are not feeling the "tingling" effect. Make sure that the product is not "expired" Smile

iaimei wrote:
I started using Cellex-C high potency serum 4 weeks ago. When I first started using it I feel strong tingling sensation and I have to use the B5 gel immediately after to sooth my face. My skin was glowing from the c-serum and I am happy with it. But now I am into the 5th week, I feel almost none tingling at all. And my initial glow from using the C serum doesn't seem to be that noticable anymore. Does it mean the serum lost its potency on me already?
Does any c-serum users share similar experience?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |