Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

~ Perfect Complexion ~ Product Information
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been researching some of Julie's products from her Perfect Complexion line and am rather confused but found some nice guides on ebay since she is a seller on there. I am not sure if these have been posted but i find them extremely helpful:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=greatfaceplace

http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/greatfaceplace

I especially found this guide to be helpful:

http://reviews.ebay.com/APPLICATION-TIPS-AND-TECHNIQUES-for-APEEL-CORRECT-DAILY_W0QQugidZ10000000000786814

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks k!

still confused, but less than i was...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi A! I agree, very confusing, don't know how Julie thinks all her stuff is straight forward.

sorry the first link won't work. seems ebay won't let me link that way, but if you all click on the second link and the ebay "me" page for Julie, you should arrive at the same place.

~Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
i just think i chose the wrong products, that's all... nothing on the retinol peptide serum at all, so still confused as to what that's supposed to do--make me peel or slough imperceptibly--nightly use or compressing, or both?
re: apeel daily--she has described it as only lower in percentage than correct, but then she says:
Quote:
APEEL DAILY means that once you apply it, your skin will slough a little each day until your next treatment.

What's my next treatment??? Help!

--avalange

p.s. I put the apeel daily on last night for a good 15 minutes, using her application method. hopefully i will induce a light peel!

p.p.s. have you used the tca latte yet? i have a sample. i used it in conjuncion with the apeel last time 'to speed things up,' but i'm not convinced it's the product for me, since i have telangiectasia-prone skin--don't want to overdo it.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange,

I think the retinol serum is used maintain the results of the peel (from what i have read). you can either apply as a serum or compress it--Julie says that in the instruction sheet she sent out with the order.

i think you're fine with the apeel daily and the retinol serum. i woulda bought the retinol serum if i hadn't had to limit myself to buying 2 products--i chose the latte and the apeel daily (the correct is recommended for non-virgin peelers), but i can compress with the HA soy lift that i have.

from what i have read on makemeheal.com (from the moderator lekat who has used Julie's products for a long time), says to wait for the peeling from your first apeel daily application to subside before doing another application:

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13522&highlight=apeel+daily

looks like some people apply the apeel daily every day or every third day but i think that might be much for your telangiectasia-prone skin (i had to look that up) and also your age (i think most of the users on the site are a little older).

i don't have the latte at the moment (am using the apeel light/night which is really mild) but i will let you know how it goes when it does arrive.

~Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Also, i ran into this thread where someone posted an email from Julie where she talks about AHA/BHAs being really bad for older skin which i found kinda horrifying:

Quote:
BHAs AND AHAs ARE oil reducers oil inhibitors. Here is what happens at..say, age 35 and on.
As we enter a peri/peri pre menapause, our cellular metabolism slows down. ie, the rate at which our OWN natural occuring dna is secreted. Elastin, collagen which are plentiful within the dermis and top epi-wall/lining, USE FOLICLES to travel through the epidermis to the stratum corneum to the TOP MOST LAYERS of the skin. The skin that WE see. The skin that WE apply make up to.
When you reduce your oil secretion, you are essentially cutting off the TRANSPORTATION of your own valuable proteins. The skin on our face possess over 40,000 folicles. Of these folicles over 80% are pores that are connected to sebacceous tissue or glands. Our skin is self-basting, like a turkey!
When you kill off skin INSTANTLY (like a broiler burn), your skins own TRAUMA CENTER is alerted.
sidebar:
I sell glycolic, salicylic and lactic. Used 1 time per month as the ONLY means of exfoliation (and not side by side or piggy back to another means of exfoliation), they will abrade about .01 micron of skin. If you do it more often, it tends to leave you very dry, very tight. This technique we call 1980's skincare. I swear, we do! We make fun of ourselves because 25 years ago we knew so little!

The biggest misconception in my opinion is that these PEELS are sold and we buy into this concept of ANT-AGING because the peel LOOKS like it is anti-aging our skin b/c for awhile our skin feels and looks so TIGHT AND SMOOTH, but like every single esthetician will swear too: The customer REBOOKS a AHA PEEL because the result is gone! The tight skin is just DEHYDRATED skin.
Here is another misconception: Using TOPICAL CREAMS/LOTIONS to rehydrate after a AHA peel or for any means of antiaging.What better way to turn OFF your own CELLULAR METABOLISM then to have a synthetic means to exfoliation AND hydration!
(your skin has a resevoiur worth millions in elastin! Learning how to harvest that and bring it to the surface and keep it there is KEY!)
Each time you use a compound cream bearing preservatives, fragrances and products that your skin (which is a living organ,.sorry I always remind!). each time your (dead) skin layers are brought back to hydration through topical hydration, it only causes your OWN skins natural occuring protein to digress or retreat even further!
Your skins own natural elastin will not maintain or thrive underneath a polyparaben or methylparaben cream that has been applied. That is the WHOLE FREE RADICAL CRAZE where they have proof that even LIGHTS AND BAD AIR causes cellular structure breakdown.
The concept of anti aging that I hold near and dear is to abrade the stratum layer slowly, almost naturally occuring, using VIT A, which can be metabolised liposomally.
When its done SLOWLY, there is no trauma. If there is no BLISTERING or frosting or abrasion (like in many high grade caustic peels), then your skins hydration will not be wasted on HEALING the dying/dead/ready to peel skin. It will nourish and flood NEW SKIN CELLS waiting to reveal themselves once the peel has lifted. A PEEL removes skin that is NOT DRY AND DEAD! Which is proof that the peel causes so much HYDRATION, that even the peeling dead skin seems to want to come back to life!! Just imagine what its doing to LIVE skin if the DEAD skin looks alive!
An AHA or BHA peel won't do that!

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=4322&highlight=perfect+complexion+julie

she says more in the email and it's worth checking out the thread but what do yall think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Wow, it's like listening to a sermon... not that i'd know what that's like!
so, i used the apeel daily last night, and today my skin DOES sorta look like the skin in the photo of the 'correct' (i.e. not too deep) peel. today all i did was pat foundation onto my skin (twice, for sun protection), since all these ss have chemicals and really bind to the skin--not sure how they interact with lightly peeling skin, and god forbid i don't want to have to wash off all of that 'precious dna!' stayed out of the sun and am hoping for the best, tonight i'll just slap some more foundation on... and, er, not wash it off? this i am confused about. i guess if i let the dna sit there all day, it ws doing some good??? see, so confusing!
i agree about the aha/bha peels, but i think a very mild, low concentration bha toner isn't the worst thing for the skin, especially if you live in a polluted city. as well, it was the ONLY thing that removed avene ss for me. i also wish i had never put vitamin c on my skin, i think i significantly degraded it!
i wonder what julie has to say about botanical oils and sea kelp and all that--aren't certain ingredients supposed to stimulate new cell growth? i'm always trying to think in terms of stimulation, but not too much. that's why i love APC, it feels like it is toning, stimulating, and protecting--but not overmoisturizing. Smile

--avalange

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi A,

I have read quite a lot about Julie's thoughts lately and it seems like she is fine with botanical oils and seaweed stuff but is against using them during a peel. They are fine for afterwards though. if you look at her ingredient list, she has a lot of natural stuff listed.

She seems very knowledgebale yet strange. her skin seems really good and from the teeny tiny picture of her, her skin looks glowing and she looks nowhere near late 40s. i wished she would post a bigger picture so i can garner more inspiration and have more confidence.

did you read the part where Julie says she only washes her face 4 times a month??? i don't know about that for me, i have combo skin and if i were't peeling, i'd wash my face twice a day.

are you using mineral makeup foundation? i ask because a lot of the liquids have yucky preservatives in them and you don't want that on top of the new skin growth.

if you wear any foundation, you would have to wash it off . anyhow, it doesn't seem like washing is the main devastation for a peel, i think Julie seems more concerned that certain cleansers have acids or grains in them and that would damage the new skin, and moisturizer messing with the peel.

~K

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |