Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PRIORI® Mineral Skincare SPF 25 - Shade 4 (5 g / 0.17 oz) Clark's Botanicals Cellular Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret)
internal vs external antioxidants
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
does anyone else think that eating and drinking anti-ox rich foods and liquids have a better effect than topical use of antioxidants? I've just never found a product that really works on my skin--not even sure i know what kind of effect topical antioxidants are supposed to have. mind you, i'm not throwing away my diy antioxidant hydrosol with white peony extract. Smile

BUT i seem to notice almost instantly that my entire body perks up and loves me (including my skin) when I eat lots of antioxidant rich foods. Anyone else?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lilkid13
5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Yes, internal anti-oxidants are definetly what you should be aiming for!

It all starts on the inside, when your body is cleansing bacteria, it needs internal support to flush out the toxins. A lot of the bacteria gets pushed out through your skin. Which is why some people suffer worse from acne than others. Everyone has different eating habits, and everyone has their own sensitivities to certain foods.

Hope this helps!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure, but I know there are currently a few MLM companies touting this! I am currently trying Mova Vie (acai berry), but I haven't been drinking it regularly. There's also one called Via Viente that is supposed to even have a higher ORAC.

ORAC = Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities of different foods. It was developed at the National Institute on Aging in Baltimore, Maryland. High scoring foods include Mangosteen, Acai, Cerasus (Montmorency tart cherries) prunes, raisins, blueberries, kale, spinach, spices and cocoa. Foods with moderately high ORAC values include wild blueberries, pomegranates and black raspberries)

These drinks are really pricey, so I don't know if they are really worth it, but I figured I'd give one a try to see. They have this new gel pack things that you can just eat, but I wonder if you can use them on your skin like an anti-oxidant mask?? Anyway, just an FYI Smile

Renee

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I cover all my bases and do both. I eat a healthy diet and take supplements rich in antioxidants. I also use topical products with AOs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I cover all my bases and do both. I eat a healthy diet and take supplements rich in antioxidants. I also use topical products with AOs.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ya, I suppose you can't go wrong if you just go ahead and do both Laughing

But your main priority SHOULD be maintaining a decent AO diet. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Skim, I try to do both: healthy diet and good products for skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Me too, I try to do both, but don't know which way is more effective and safer.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

PRIORI® Mineral Skincare SPF 25 - Shade 4 (5 g / 0.17 oz) RevitaLash Hair Advanced Hair Volume Enhancer (46 ml / 1.57 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret)