Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sandy, 13 days out from the bodybuilding show...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
OK, it's getting into the hard part now...

But first, today, June 18 is my birthday and I'm 49 today! Staying in pretty good shape for an 'ol guy!

So, we've started to carb deplete this weekend. It is amazing how fast the body reacts to this. First of all the "energy" starts to go away even though we are eating 6 times a day, and pretty large amounts too. Protein feeds the muscle but has little or no energy content so we are starting to feel "slow" already. But, it helps me to burn up what bodyfat I have left, and leave good muscle definition. Tomorrow we get hydrostatic body fat testing done, and I'm going to estimate that I'll be at about 7 or 6% bodyfat. I'd like to be at about 5% the day of the show.

We finished creating our 1 minute 30 second routines to music over the weekend. That was hard work too, trying to find the best poses and link them together with the words and music. But, we succeeded and we have some kick ass routines. My music is "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva, and it will bowl the crowd over for sure!

In my photos you can see more definition everywhere. The quad muscles in my legs are starting to separate and show. The abs, especially around the waist area are tighter. The separation between the biceps and triceps in my arms is better. I like where I am at right now and I still have 12 more days to get it better. My waist is measured at 30 inches right now, and I'm hoping to get it tighter to 29 inches by show time. Weight right now is still up at 195lbs, and that's OK as long as I keep getting tighter.

So far, so good!

Sandy's "tummy" is slowly but surely getting flatter. Now that we are in the carb depletion phase, we will have Sandy do nothing but cardio for the next 12 days to get ready. She already has enough muscle mass. Now she needs to get more cut up and defined. Plus, she is weighing in at 135lbs right now, and she has to get down to 132lbs to entire the Women's Middleweight Class.

Her music for her 1 minute 30 second routine is "Love Whip" by the Reverend Horton Heat which is a sultry, blues-rockabilly type of song that should leave the crowd in awe! I can't wait till they see this routine, it will be contriversial and spectacular!!

Sandy is getting tighter and more definition is starting to show, but she will need a lot of non-stop cardio to cut up to where she wants to be. It will be interesting to see what her body fat level is right now when we are tested tomorrow. Sandy is in full carb depletion phase at this point. Menu includes only turkey, chicken, tuna, cheese sticks, non-fat cottage cheese, and Activia Yogurt. She is getting a little grouchy too!!

She is psyched though, and she'll make it...

By the way, the "tans" that we have are actually created with the Self Tanning Spray that I make and sell. Works pretty darn good too as you can see.

JOhn

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi John

Amazing progress! Out of curiosity, what do you both look like when you are relaxed?

eTA: Happy birthday btw!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl....that IS our "relaxed" poses!! We are completely relaxed during these photos. That's how you stand when you first line up on stage, then they make you hit and hold the mandatory poses for comparison.

You should see photos of us tensed up and posing in mandatory poses!! Night and day difference. Perhaps I'll post a couple of those so you can see.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Happy birthday John. I showed the pics from your previous thread to my hubby and he is so jealous. He's 35 but at 49 you have the body that he would love to have. Smile Looking good.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Diana, tell him that this condition is do-able at any age. The way that you can achieve it is not easy though. It takes effort, dedication, and time. If he can come up with those three things and stay with it consistently, he can achieve it too. Really...tell him to go for it! It's a wonderful feeling even though it is a lot of hard work. But you've "earned" it, and that is what makes it really feel special.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Diana, tell him that this condition is do-able at any age. The way that you can achieve it is not easy though. It takes effort, dedication, and time. If he can come up with those three things and stay with it consistently, he can achieve it too. Really...tell him to go for it! It's a wonderful feeling even though it is a lot of hard work. But you've "earned" it, and that is what makes it really feel special.

John

Well he has good intentions. In fact, I had to post this picture because it's too funny not to. He used photoshop to give himself some incentive of what he could look like and this picture is stuck to the fridge right now. Smile

John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
That's fantastic!! I really like that...good sense of humor, but still a "target" to shoot for. I'm sure he will do well, now get him started...today!

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi John... You and Sandy look great. I really admire your will and dedication to bodybuilding. I really don't know how you stay so disciplined. I get up at 4:00 a.m. to exercise (the only time I have) and that is sooo hard to do. Good Luck in the show and Happy Birthday!!!

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday John!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, very impressive! I would love to see the pics of some of those mandatory poses! Good luck to you and Sandy in the competition.

Happy Birthday, John!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |