Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Jo Malone fragrances
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Someone posted about these fragrances and I was so intrigued I tried to figure out where to get samples or smell them. The store that carry them are too far from me. I emailed the company asking about samples and they will give none. You get 1 sample with every purchase. Soooo, I am wondering if its worth the gamble to order without smelling - I've never done that before, but these sound soooo good! Are these fragrances that great? Does anyone not like them?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I only wear Jo Malone.......frag is very personal so I cant suggest what scent you will like but I can promise you that you will find one that you love. I wear Amber Lavender and love it....its very clean and manly smelling. I sometimes layer it with orange blossom....that is her trademark...layering.

Let me know what you decide on....
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have Red Roses, and I love it. I hope to buy one of the other scents that complements it one of these days. It is a rich, layered rose with a hint of something green in it.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
i was really interested in jo malone fragrances, but im spending all my money on my face! so i didnt purchase any

but on ebay, there are quite a few trial sizes for sale for about £<5...maybe u can get one of those to try first

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I also only wear Jo Malone fragrances. I think it is really best to get samples somehow because her perfume is so expensive ... and very distinctive so you might think one sounds good but it may turn out to smell different than you expected.

I think the suggestion to buy samples off of ebay is a great one. You can also see which ones you like to layer that way. It is SO fun to layer the different perfumes according to your moods!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
elly, someone posted here a while back saying that eBay has forbidden decanting commercial perfumes into samples. I got two JM samples a few years ago, and they were heavenly, but I concluded from the info I saw here that I can't do this anymore. Sad
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious whether you spoke with Jo Malone in the US or UK. In my experience the UK JM shop has always been very generous with samples - and if they do not have a sample of the particular fragrance you want, they will send you a swatch of cloth with the fragrance on it so you can know what it smells like. Also if you request a catalog the catalogs often have little samples (foil sachets) glued to the pages.

I wear Orange Blossom myself but also like Blue Agave and Cacao and French Lime Blossom.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Stellamaris, I talked to them in the U.S.. They specifically said there's a policy of no samples (I'm sure in the stores you can get them)and even if you place an order you only get 1 sample! The website acts like its a big deal to get the 1 sample. However, he did say that if I order and am not happy I can send it back. Sooo, given that I suspicious about ordering samples off ebay I went ahead and ordered Blue Agave & Cacoa, Nectarine & Honey and Grapefruit. I couldn't possibly just order one with the way everyone says to layer it! I can hardly believe I have ordered cologne I haven't smelled - this forum has done something bad to me! I am also really wanting to smell the French Lime Blossom and Rose fragrance -but of course those weren't options for the free sample! The only sample options were 2 that I was ordering. I emailed them asking to try something else - we'll see what happens! Thanks for everyone's advice and opinions!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
charis, so you are saying you found samples still available on eBay?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Melanie, yes I did find samples available on ebay earlier today. Stellamaris, I went to the website (US) to order a catalog and they do not give out catalogs. I checked the UK website and was able to order a catalog (thanks for the suggestion - otherwise I never would have know a catalog existed). Also the UK website is much better in that it tells you the ingredients of each cologne. I wonder why they don't want people in the US to know the ingredients? I thought it was kind of strange - but was happy to find the UK website.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, charis, thanks for letting us know all that info! I have always thought it funny how the US website makes it such a big deal that they will give you one sample with an order. Rolling Eyes Their incentives have not impressed me yet. They have had other stingy gifts as well.

My favorites are French Lime Blossom, Orange Blossom, Honeysuckle and Jasmine and, finally, Gardenia. I only own the first two I listed. I have hinted heavily for the Honeysuckle. Someday....

I love these fragrances because they don't smell artificial to me. They are so fresh. Unfortunately, no one has ever complimented me on my perfume -- they are so light. But, everytime I am so happy when I put them on. I truly wear them just to feel good.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone...there is such a huge range of JM frag. to choose from that it would be impossible to recommend one. They are lovely scents, but very expensive so I can understand not "taking a chance". I suggest planning a vacation to Vancouver...JM is available at Holt Renfrew, a high end Dept. Store. Cool
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
JM counters are always very generous with samples. So maybe someone is selling those samples on ebay?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Charis,
I'm quite a fan of JM's fragraces, they are very light (I'd call "translucent"). I especially like Grapefruit, or Lime, Basil & Mandarin.
These days I wear the Blue agave & cacao layered with Nectarine & honey. Very nice for hot days (the Nectarine & honey is one of the lightest frangrances I've ever had...).
I hope you'll like them.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
BA of JM is really nice, you can ask them for some samples if convenient. If not, I suggest you choose by your favorite, for example, if you love rose, then their red rose won't disappoint you. For me, I love orange blossom always, so I fell in love with their orange blossom as well.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Lin23, is the nectarine & honey too light? Were you happy with it. I like light fragrances - that's part of what attracted me to JM, but when you said it's the lightest of JM's fragrances - that gets me nervous that I won't be able to smell it! Has anyone else been happy/unhappy with this fragrance?
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Charis, I really like the nectarine fragrance but, once I put it on, I felt like it was heavier than my others that I have (orange blossom and French Lime Blossom). I think it was because it smelled too sweet to me when it was on so I didn't like it after it was on me awhile. That is also why it's good to have testers. Just applying it on at the store sometimes doesn't really tell you if it will work in the long run.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
thanks ellyp!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Lin23, is the nectarine & honey too light? Were you happy with it. I like light fragrances - that's part of what attracted me to JM, but when you said it's the lightest of JM's fragrances - that gets me nervous that I won't be able to smell it! Has anyone else been happy/unhappy with this fragrance?

Charis, it's not only the lightest from all the JM's FOR ME but also the lightest of all the other perfumes I've had in my life (I'm quite a collector). I can't really use it alone because my skin would "swallow" it within 1/2 hour. But I like that layered with Blue agave it takes a little bit of the sweetness and adds a tad fruitiness. But we're everybody different and everybody's skin reacts differently to fragrances. It's a lovely scent though.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi charis, I am surprised that the US shop is so stingy with the samples as I've always had good luck with the UK shop. Perhaps they are stingy online due to ebay sellers abusing the free samples. You may have better luck talking to a real person. I see that you have already ordered but if you had not I would suggest that you ring the UK store directly and ask for whichever samples/swatches you would like.

Alternatively in the US you could always ring the nearest Neiman Marcus and speak with the Jo Malone SA at the counter, Neiman's is generally good with samples as well. I hope you like the fragrances that you chose and if not it is good that you can return them.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you know which fragrances I ended up with. I had ordered the Blue Agave & Cocoa, Nectarine & Honey, and Grapefruit. I instantly loved the Nectarine & Honey and really disliked the Grapefruit (it smelled like soap to me). I was mixed about the Blue Agave - that is, until I got some samples (Saks ended up sending me some)and absolutely love it with Orange Blossom! You all knew what you were talking about - I don't know why ordered Grapefruit. Soooo, back goes the Grapefruit which is being exchanged for Orange Blossom. I also ordered a bottle of the Orange Lime Blossom which I fell in love with! These are great fragrances - thank you everyone for bringing them up - I never would have known about them otherwise.
lilithim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've always had great luck at the Saks counters, and I'm an Orange Blossom lady! If I was smarter, I'd have found it earlier and had a bigger checkbook.
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a sample of the Pomegranate noir from ebay and it is lovely. It is strong fresh sexy smell. I will definatly be buying a full size sometime soon

Hannah
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |