Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Red Cheeks..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Beastapher

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
For about three years, my cheeks have been red. It's strange because there is no other part of my body that is red, there's just a big red spot on my cheeks. When I'm hot, or embarrassed, or I'm exercising, it seems to get worse. I can actually feel my face warming up. I'm 17 and I am wondering if anyone knows a cream or treatment I can try for this before I turn to a dermatologist for help. Any help would be appreciated.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
could it be rosacea? U can find out atwww.rosacea.org.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest to see a dermatologist to figure out the cause of your problem and make sure you don't use something that will make your condition worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Is it the same redness like on Prince William's and Prince Harry's cheeks?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
thinning skin?
Beastapher

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Is it the same redness like on Prince William's and Prince Harry's cheeks?

Yes, that redness is almost exactly the same as the redness on my cheeks.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070615214239AAk52vX

I found this Q on Yahoo Answers:

What causes the redness on Prince William's and Harry's face?

My son William, who is 17, has the same redness on his cheeks at times...what is it called?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

the condition is called rosacea, which is a perennially dilated capillary circulation near the surface of the skin. However, the ruddiness on their faces at such a young age is probably not rosacea- its just their skin genetics- they just have very thin skin, as your son likely does. Rosacea develops in later years, either thru excessive sun exposure or through excessive drinking/smoking.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Below is just one article from rosacea.org the site itself is full of info:

Quote:
http://www.rosacea.org/weblog/2007/04/02/signs_of_rosacea_at_any_age/index.php

Signs of Rosacea at Any Age

Monday, April 2, 2007

Danger Signs of Red-Faced Disorder Strike Millions of Adults at Any Age

CHICAGO (April 2, 2007) -- The angst and embarrassment of adolescence often come roaring back in adulthood with the red-faced symptoms of rosacea, a widespread but poorly understood facial disorder now estimated to affect 14 million Americans. The National Rosacea Society has designated April as Rosacea Awareness Month to alert the public to the warning signs of this conspicuous and potentially serious condition, and to emphasize the importance of seeking medical help before it becomes increasingly intrusive on daily life.

"Most people expect to leave facial skin problems behind when they reach adulthood, so they're often puzzled and frustrated by the onset of rosacea," said Dr. John Wolf, chairman of dermatology at Baylor University College of Medicine. "While the early signs of the disorder may come and go unexpectedly, without treatment it tends to grow more persistent and severe, posing a substantial impact both physically and on people's emotional, social and professional lives."

Although rosacea can strike at any age, in a recent NRS survey of 1,391 patients, 44 percent said this chronic and often complex disorder first appeared between the ages of 30 and 50, while 39 percent reported that the condition began after age 50 and for 17 percent it developed before age 30.

For many people, rosacea starts as a temporary redness on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead that at first might be mistaken for a sunburn. Over time, the redness tends to become ruddier and more prolonged, and visible blood vessels may appear. Left untreated, bumps and pimples often develop, growing more extensive over time.

In severe cases, especially in men, the nose may become swollen and bumpy from excess tissue. This is the condition, called rhinophyma, that gave the late comedian W.C. Fields his trademark bulbous nose. In many rosacea patients, the eyes are also affected, feeling irritated and appearing watery or bloodshot.

While rosacea is not life-threatening, its effect on the most visible part of the body -- the face -- can take a steep emotional toll. In surveys by the National Rosacea Society, nearly 70 percent of rosacea patients said the disorder had lowered their self-confidence and self-esteem, and 41 percent reported it had caused them to avoid public contact or cancel social engagements. Among rosacea patients with severe symptoms, nearly 70 percent said the disorder had adversely affected their professional interactions, and nearly 30 percent said they had even missed work because of their condition.

Adding to the embarrassment is the common myth that rosacea sufferers, who often have a red face and nose, are heavy drinkers. In fact, while alcohol may aggravate the condition, the symptoms can be just as severe in a teetotaler. Another common misconception is that rosacea is caused by poor hygiene, while in reality it is unrelated to personal cleanliness.

The good news is that, while rosacea cannot be cured, it can be effectively controlled with medical therapy and lifestyle changes," Dr. Wolf said. Individuals with any of the following warning signs of rosacea are urged to see a dermatologist for diagnosis and appropriate treatment:

• Redness on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead.
• Small visible blood vessels on the face.
• Bumps or pimples on the face.
• Watery or irritated eyes.

Because the underlying causes and other key aspects of rosacea are unknown, the National Rosacea Society conducts a research grants program to encourage and support greater scientific knowledge of the potential causes and other key aspects of this poorly understood disorder. The society is now funding a growing number of research studies on rosacea that may lead to improvements in its treatment, management and potential cure or prevention.

During April and throughout the year, people who suspect they may have rosacea can call the society's toll-free number at 1-888-NO-BLUSH to receive free information on rosacea. Information and materials are also available on the society's Web site atwww.rosacea.org, by writing the National Rosacea Society, 800 S. Northwest Highway, Suite 200, Barrington, Illinois 60010, or via e-mail at rosaceas@aol.com.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
My son who is now 12 has red cheeks for as long as I remember. I just take it to mean he's very healthy and has good blood flow. He hates it though. He said he's not a girl to want to have red cheeks. I don't think it looks bad on him. I don't think it's rosacea because from all reports, it says rosacea affects adults, not children. I will have to ask his pediatrician next time we go in for a check-up.
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Good products to consider using: B Kamins Booster Blue Rosacea Cleanser and B Kamins Booster Blue Rosacea Treatment. If your skin is dry, you might want to use B Kamins Booster Blue Moisturizer SPF15.

All of these will help calm skin, reduce redness, and the blue/green base will neutralize red tones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Good products to consider using: B Kamins Booster Blue Rosacea Cleanser and B Kamins Booster Blue Rosacea Treatment. If your skin is dry, you might want to use B Kamins Booster Blue Moisturizer SPF15.

All of these will help calm skin, reduce redness, and the blue/green base will neutralize red tones.

I broke down and got the sample kit. I hope it helps Embarassed
Beastapher

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help guys. I will try some of the products mentioned.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |