Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Janson Beckett Okusil Intensive Eye Rejuvenating Serum (28 g / 1 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml)
Help please - Oils to moisturize?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've searched and have read about Oils (carrier and essentials) and am interested in trying an oil to moisturize super dry legs (even body butters just don't seem to help!). But, I am in a quandry as to what to try!! What would be the most moisturizing? And after reading about things like rosehip oil (EO, right?), do I want to get a couple EO's to mix with my carrier (which one of this to get too?) ??

Thanks so much! I know there are many of you with wonderful detailed knowledge of these oils, and I appreciate any recs!!

Oh, if you do mention something, would I be able to use it on my face too?? around eyes? I'm dry there too and would love to know what's good. Thanks again!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have face oils by Clarins, Decleor and Darphin (for oily skin) and absolutely love it. They have oils for all other skin types. They last forever. Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
l like Decleor ylang ylang oil and jojoba oil,it suitable for oily skin and get any sensitive reaction to skin.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum! I'm not an expert, but an EDS gal is - wildflower. She's an aromatherapist and highly knowledgeable about oils. She just started her own web based business.

I don't know how to post links Confused but her products are at: pleiadeselementals.com . Her stuff looks amazing Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Try straight avocado oil, it's a carrier oil and I find it extremely nice for body and hair care on its own but if it's not moisturizing enough you can tweak it by adding in whatever EOs suit you. I've never tried it for my face but I'm sure it'll work there too but I'd be careful if you're prone to breakouts as avocado oil is quite rich.

HTH
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh - thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm ready for my first purchase of oils!!

And thanks for Wildflower's link too. Her things sound lovely too.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
i have been using silkia camellia oil to moisturize and its wonderful for my skin ... keeps my pores clear and makes skin look nice, and best of al plumps up my depressed acne scars.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I like Primavera oils.
Here is the link:
http://www.saffronrouge.com/aromatherapy/base-carrier-oils
You can find suggestions how to mix and use oils on this site.
Also, for an eye area, it is not just an oil, it is a cream, but it really works for a dry skin around eyes:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-super-hydrating-eye-t-p_4956.htm
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove hazelnut oil. la vie en rose turned me on to it, and it really refines the skin and the pores, especially if you wear it overnight. it also makes an excellent and great smelling makeup remover!

it is touted as the best oil for oily skin, but i have drier skin and it's really wondrous for me.

i mix it with essential oils of palmarosa, rosewood, rose geranium, and lavendar.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use a mixture (50/50) of avocado and sesame oil with clary sage EO to moisturize my legs. It's quite effective. And the clary sage inhibits hair growth.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Amyalex wrote:
I've searched and have read about Oils (carrier and essentials) and am interested in trying an oil to moisturize super dry legs (even body butters just don't seem to help!). But, I am in a quandry as to what to try!! What would be the most moisturizing? And after reading about things like rosehip oil (EO, right?), do I want to get a couple EO's to mix with my carrier (which one of this to get too?) ??

Thanks so much! I know there are many of you with wonderful detailed knowledge of these oils, and I appreciate any recs!!

Oh, if you do mention something, would I be able to use it on my face too?? around eyes? I'm dry there too and would love to know what's good. Thanks again!

whoops, after violetanne's post, i realized i didn't read your post as carefully as i would have liked. sorry! i think the best thing you can do for body skin is dry brushing--it 'enlivens' your skin and takes away the scaliness. your skin will be so soft. also, dry brushing works best when you moisturize with oils and not creams that sit on your skin. there are threads on this if you do a search! And you can buy a wonderful body oil called 'mediterrannee" by Logona, with all the best oils for your body, already made, for not too much $$. the base is olive and apricot oils, but it is a melange of many others asa well, and it smells divine.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I loooove hazelnut oil. la vie en rose turned me on to it, and it really refines the skin and the pores, especially if you wear it overnight. it also makes an excellent and great smelling makeup remover!

it is touted as the best oil for oily skin, but i have drier skin and it's really wondrous for me.

i mix it with essential oils of palmarosa, rosewood, rose geranium, and lavendar.

--avalange

That sounds well worth trying avalange. What proportions do you use?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh! Just checked out the Logona on a French site (I'm currently starting to test their aloe eye gel for beautybible) and they have some lovely products. Very tempted by the shower gel and moisturising mask, as well as the oil you recommend, avalange.
monarch
5% products discount

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use a combination of avocado oil and camellia oil mixed with water. I have a spray bottle and keep misting until oils sink into skin.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use Ylang Ylang and Rose D' Orient by Decleor.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and use lots of different oils.....my favorites: squalane oil, emu oil, camellia oil, avocado, olive and sweet almond oils. I use them daily...face and body. I always add oils to my face moisturizer and body cream. Decleor oils are heavenly.

I always keep a small vial of oil in my bag, which I use during the day just under my eyes. I just tap a small amount under and around my eye area. (camellia is especially nice for this)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I make a blend of 1 part each of sweet almond, apricot kernel, jojoba and 1/2 part wheat germ oil for a body oil. I can add whatever essential oil I want for fragrance. I like rosehip seed oil for my face.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) glominerals Persuasion Eye Palette (7.2 g / 0.25 oz) Juvena Skin Nova SC Cellular Miracle Beauty Mask (75 ml / 2.5 oz)