Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A question about Valmont
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is the RNA and DNA stuff they put in all their products?

It all sounds good and scientific but I don't understand what it is exactly.

Thanks Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think RNA and DNA stands for this:

DNA: Deoxyribonucleic acid. The double-stranded chemical instruction manual for everything a plant or animal does: grow, divide, even when and how to die. Very stable, has error detection and repair mechanisms. Stays in the cell nucleus. Can make good copies of itself.

RNA: Ribonucleic acid. Single-stranded where DNA is double-stranded, messenger RNA carries single pages of instructions out of the nucleus to places they're needed throughout the cell. No error detection or repair; makes flawed copies of itself. Evolves ten times faster than DNA. Transfer RNA helps translate the mRNA message into chains of amino acids in the ribosomes.

In short, DNA is transcribed into mRNA which is translated into amino acids.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
i never understood the concept of putting DNA and RNA into their products either. but i still bought their renewing pack Rolling Eyes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks iaimei. I know what DNA and RNA mean in general, I just wanted to understand what it means in the context of their products and what they put in them (in connection to DNA/RNA) and so on.

Thanks Very Happy
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
dsq
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ditto. i never understand how putting DNA and RNA in their products can help me, but i still fall in love with their hand serum, hand cream, bio-regenetic and renegetic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Bumping up an old thread..

I did a search about the functions of DNA and RNA, and other than learning that it doesn't help with antiaging or pigmentation issues, I can't figure out what it does do. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand too. I think Valmont use these things as concept to absorb our attention or interest. Anyway, I like Valmont and it does bring nice effect.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
i have the same opinion to Yiying.
they are both concept at all
but they really bring excellent effect.
complexion and texture enhancement of skin could be expected.

have a try Cool
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Yiying and Felinehhy Smile . In terms of improving skin texture, do the products help with reduction in pore size?
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I did not pay attention to my pore size. I found it could smooth out fine lines on my forehead.

I only used Bio Regenetic,Regenera I,Regenera II,Regenetic Hydration,Bio Cellular and some valmont nature's products. I like Regenera II most, but it is really oily and suitable to be used at night.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
actually what i care most is the complexion. and regards pore size, as we all know it couldn't be solved totally once you have the problem.
i am a user of valmont regentic, Regenera II and renewing pack.
if you need some effect on your pore size, you might take a try on renewing pack and cleaning mud pack.
Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |