Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Shir-Organic Pure Revitalizing Pomegranate Serum (30 ml / 1 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Janson Beckett AlphaDerma Duo Value Pack - Alphaderma CE - (large size 4 oz.) and AH3 Facial Skin Prep (4 oz.) (2 items)
Please Please Help With Acne's Scab (Prevent Big/Deep Scar)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I need help with 2 problems (sort of related). I've been wearing sunscreen for almost 2 months now, and cannot seem to find one that doesn't make my skin breaks out. My second problem is I have a pimple that's formed a scab (from irritation of putting too much acne stuff to it, dried too quickly probably). Had I left it alone and let it takes its course, it would've been fine like the rest of my pimples. Now, I dont' know what to do to it to make the scab fall off faster or to make it heals nicely (hopefully w/o a scar or a scar that's not too deep). What can I do while waiting for it to fall off? What can I do to prevent it from becoming a scar? What can I do if I do get a scar/spot after scab falls off? I've been apply aloe vera (100% aloe juice, not gel) for the last couple days and nothing else besides basic cleansing/toning. The rest acnes that came at the same time healed nicely already and gone because I didn't mess around with them. I think scab was formed because I used clearisil circular patch bandage and it was drying up not only my pimple but also some skin around my pimple too quickly. So then I ended up with a scab that's bigger than my pimple's original size. It's been a few days and it's getting smaller/better, but I just don't want it to form a deep scar when it falls off or leave a huge ugly black spot/scar. Please help me with this ugly acne's scab. Thank you. Thank you.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
i would use Polysporin at this point to heal the scab and prevent scarring.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
chesterfield wrote:
I need help with 2 problems (sort of related). I've been wearing sunscreen for almost 2 months now, and cannot seem to find one that doesn't make my skin breaks out. My second problem is I have a pimple that's formed a scab (from irritation of putting too much acne stuff to it, dried too quickly probably). Had I left it alone and let it takes its course, it would've been fine like the rest of my pimples. Now, I dont' know what to do to it to make the scab fall off faster or to make it heals nicely (hopefully w/o a scar or a scar that's not too deep). What can I do while waiting for it to fall off? What can I do to prevent it from becoming a scar? What can I do if I do get a scar/spot after scab falls off? I've been apply aloe vera (100% aloe juice, not gel) for the last couple days and nothing else besides basic cleansing/toning. The rest acnes that came at the same time healed nicely already and gone because I didn't mess around with them. I think scab was formed because I used clearisil circular patch bandage and it was drying up not only my pimple but also some skin around my pimple too quickly. So then I ended up with a scab that's bigger than my pimple's original size. It's been a few days and it's getting smaller/better, but I just don't want it to form a deep scar when it falls off or leave a huge ugly black spot/scar. Please help me with this ugly acne's scab. Thank you. Thank you.

Hi chesterfield! First things first: sunscreen. Like you I am VERY acne prone and have a hard time finding a sc that won't make me break out. The ONLY one that has never caused any breakouts for me is the one from Zenbiotic ( www.zenbiotic.com )--- just be sure to apply it to a damp face and it will sink right in!

Next--- the scabs! To make them heal up faster and with less of a scar, definitely keep them as moist as you can. I like Burt's Bees Dr. Burt's Res-Q ointment and Brave Soldier anti-bac ointment with lavender (you can get it at skinstore.com). However, if you DO end up with a nasty red mark or scar, I highly recommend Chrysalyx moisturizer and EpidermxII scrub from www.greatnewskin.com . I had a whole face full of acne marks and with this stuff I saw results in a week! HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
hendricks wrote:
i would use Polysporin at this point to heal the scab and prevent scarring.

This is what I use also. I used the cream, not the gel, and would rub it in whenever I thought about it. Like manslayerliz said, keep it moist, and I find the polysporin does this when applied often enough. It's also meant to reduce possible scars during healing, and it is something that most of us have in our medicine cabinets anyway.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
where can i get polysporin immediately--like grocery store/cvs/riteaid? Is this same as neosporin? If yes, which one should I get --- there are ton of varieties nowaday (w/ antibiotics, for scar, etc.)Thanks.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what everyone else uses, but I use the Polysporin heal-fast formula. It is the cream and is in a red and yellow tube. Says on it "minimize the appearance of scars" and "prevents infection". I bought mine at the local drugstore but places like Wal-mart also sell it. I also use it for any cuts/scraps that myself or my kids get.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I think cp's might help a lot Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
I think cp's might help a lot Very Happy

Do you use CP's on scabs? I don't use CP's and not real familiar with them, but I thought there were to get rid of scars. If they are to prevent scars, maybe that's something I should look into.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
what is CP. i cannot find the polysporin cream, only ointment. Can I use it? I also bought Dr Burt's Herbal Defense ointment (same as res Q but w/ zinc oxide for sun protection). I guess I'm goin to alternate between the 2 as I really don't want to have an ugly mark left behind.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
chesterfield wrote:
what is CP. i cannot find the polysporin cream, only ointment. Can I use it? I also bought Dr Burt's Herbal Defense ointment (same as res Q but w/ zinc oxide for sun protection). I guess I'm goin to alternate between the 2 as I really don't want to have an ugly mark left behind.

CP's are copper peptides. Here's a couple good threads to check out.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16585&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't see why polysporin ointment wouldn't work. I use the cream though because I find it absorbs better, the ointment stays abit shiny and make-up won't stick as well. I probably just use too much though. If you rub it in well you probably won't have a problem.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
First, thank you everyone for helping me. After 2 full days since the scab formed, it fell off on its own. Surprisingly, it's smooth and is lightest pink underneath. I may have a slight scar but I'm not certain as the skin is still in new growth stage. I've been covering it w/ Burt's Herbal Defense Ointment (w/ zinc oxide) for 1.5 days. Today, I bought Burt's ResQ ointment and applied to the area as well. Can someone please tell me what else can I do to this pinkish spot or what can I expect it to become in the next week or so? Will it ever become skin-tone again?? Should I wash the spot twice a day when I wash my face or should I avoid it? I started using Dr. H's routine for the last 4 days (since I have the scab) because I wanted to not use harsh chemicals anymore. Also, what can I do to previous (fairly new within couple a week) PIH (post inflamatory hyperpigmentation?) Again, I will be checking for replies throughout the day/week. Please help me. Thank you again very much.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Chesterfield, I would go to www.skinbiology.com and look at their information about scar healing. Since the scab's off, CP's (copper peptides) will help rebuild collagen there. There's also a Skin Biology forum you can go to, to ask questions.
HTH
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
My scab has fallen off for almost 3 days now. I've been doing nothing to it except applying a lot of aloe vera to it and cover it in Burt's Herbal Defense Ointment (similar to Res Q). It has remained very light pink and smooth (like new skin) -- probably because I've been covering it in Burt's oinment. Twice a day I applied aubrey's pure aloe vera to the spot for a couple minutes, then leave the oinment on for the rest of the time. It hasn't darkened at all. What can I expect from here on? Is this unusual? What else can I do? I am not sure if it's a scar scar (like a permanent scar) yet, but it's a miracle if it isn't. it will probably end up being a darkish spot. I've ordered CP's but it will not arrive for another 10 days. Is it a good idea to use CP on spot like this (post acne scab, smooth, light pink spot)? Usually my post acne spots turned darker by now, but then again I haven't covered those in Burt's oinment and use aloe vera. I took special care of this one because it was a fairly big scab (about the diameter of 2 cm or 1/8 of an inch).
System
Automatic Message
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Kit (4 items) Babor Skinovage PX Intensifier Moisture Plus Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Revitalash V'lumine Lash Serum (4 ml / 0.135 oz)