Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Pro-Derm Daytime Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml) Janson Beckett Peptide Facial Skin Prep with Trace Minerals (118 ml / 4 floz) Thalgo Prodige des OcÚans Gift Set (coffret)
Lamas Beauty Lash Masque? Where to find it/equivalent of it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
Pippi_Plum
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 156
Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot find this lash product. It is unavailable on the Lamas beauty site. Where can I find this or something that works like it?

Pip
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 448
Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
They seem to have it here
http://www.bebeautiful.com/brand/lamas.aspx
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Did you try Ebay? I bought mine there. However I am not impressed.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Amazon got it for $14.83: http://www.amazon.com/Lamas-Night-Radiance-Lash-Masque/dp/B000J4N78O
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 944
Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Did you try Ebay? I bought mine there. However I am not impressed.


I tried this some years back and also didn't like it,though it was so long ago I can't remember exactly why now.
Pippi_Plum
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 156
Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Ruk, do you mind sharing why? I really do not want to get it unless it does what it sais.
Did it darken your lashes? Over time did they stay dark, like a henna stain?

Any info would really help. Cool

Pip
melanie haber
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 230
Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi, I am pretty sure that the effect is NOT cumulative, and that disappointed some of the people who tried it. There was discussion of it in the EDS before -- carekate/Carrie was on a quest for eyelash perfection, and she and some others tried it.

The walnut shell contents made me wondfer if there were a slow-staining mechanism to it, but from what i could tell from various reviews, there was not. I think some amazon reviewer even mentioned this.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
Pippi, I am pretty sure that the effect is NOT cumulative, and that disappointed some of the people who tried it. There was discussion of it in the EDS before -- carekate/Carrie was on a quest for eyelash perfection, and she and some others tried it.

The walnut shell contents made me wondfer if there were a slow-staining mechanism to it, but from what i could tell from various reviews, there was not. I think some amazon reviewer even mentioned this.


Yes, the darkening from Lamas Lash Masque was SUPPOSED to be cummlative, but I used it for at least 3 months (this was a few years ago) and didn't notice anything -- it barely provided any noticeable darkening to my lashes when it was freshly applied!

If you want to darken your lashes so that you don't need to wear mascara every day, my recommendation is to use a DIY lash tint kit. Personally, I adore "1000 Hours Lash Tint" kit -- perform a search of the forum using "1000 Hours Lash Tint" as the key word and you'll find several comprehensive product reviews and application techniques from other satisfied users!

If you are looking for a lash conditioner (Lamas Lash Masque is supposed to be both a colorant and conditioner), might I recommend that you check out Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Accelerator. It's CHEAP and very effective! Again, search the forum using "Ardell Lash Accelerator" as the keyword and you'll find a gaggle of product reviews from happy users.

HTH,
Carrie

_________________
▄ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
Pippi_Plum
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 156
Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie! I am absolutely thrilled to have you here on my thread. Very Happy
I know this sounds absolutely corny, but you were the one that got me on this board. I was doing a search on google for lip plumpers and an EDS Index thread came up about lip plumpers. I have since read just about all your post. You are extremely talented!!!

I am using the JM eyelash product but wanted a little color as well. Looks like I will not be using the Lamas.
Thank you for being honest with me. It would have been a big disapointment for sure.

Are you still using the lash tint? Over time does it make your eyelashes dry? Embarassed

Wow! I feel like I am talking to a Rockstar!!! Cool

Pip
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Are you still using the lash tint? Over time does it make your eyelashes dry? Embarassed
You're making me blush! Smile

Yes, I still use the 1000 Hours Lash Tint -- on average, I tint my lashes every 3-4 weeks (I use to do it every 2 weeks when I was working my "day job" but since I resigned it seems I don't get around to doing it but every few weeks).

Anyway, so long as you don't use any harsh waterproof mascaras on a regular basis (the primary cause of dry/damaged lashes) and/or any other type of mascara that's hard to remove (i.e.: Blinc Kiss Me, Miranesse Secret Weapon, Kanebo), then using a lash tint isn't going to cause any damage or dryness to your lashes. Of course, if you're really worried it might dry them out, just use a lash conditioner (i.e.: Ardell, or a bit of castor oil) overnight on a regular basis to keep them moisturized.

I actually use a bit of my Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm (hair conditioner) on my lashes after I tint them just to make certain and my lashes are fine, even when I was tinting every 2 weeks....

_________________
▄ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 674
Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Are you still using the lash tint? Over time does it make your eyelashes dry? Embarassed
You're making me blush! Smile

Yes, I still use the 1000 Hours Lash Tint -- on average, I tint my lashes every 3-4 weeks (I use to do it every 2 weeks when I was working my "day job" but since I resigned it seems I don't get around to doing it but every few weeks).

Anyway, so long as you don't use any harsh waterproof mascaras on a regular basis (the primary cause of dry/damaged lashes) and/or any other type of mascara that's hard to remove (i.e.: Blinc Kiss Me, Miranesse Secret Weapon, Kanebo), then using a lash tint isn't going to cause any damage or dryness to your lashes. Of course, if you're really worried it might dry them out, just use a lash conditioner (i.e.: Ardell, or a bit of castor oil) overnight on a regular basis to keep them moisturized.

I actually use a bit of my Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm (hair conditioner) on my lashes after I tint them just to make certain and my lashes are fine, even when I was tinting every 2 weeks....


Carekate

What a good idea about using Biolage on your eye lashes. Do you use it straight or with your suggestion of ACV and honey mixed into it on your lashes.

_________________
53, normal/oily skin, concerns: wrinkles/lines/bags under eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
carekate wrote:
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Are you still using the lash tint? Over time does it make your eyelashes dry? Embarassed
You're making me blush! Smile

Yes, I still use the 1000 Hours Lash Tint -- on average, I tint my lashes every 3-4 weeks (I use to do it every 2 weeks when I was working my "day job" but since I resigned it seems I don't get around to doing it but every few weeks).

Anyway, so long as you don't use any harsh waterproof mascaras on a regular basis (the primary cause of dry/damaged lashes) and/or any other type of mascara that's hard to remove (i.e.: Blinc Kiss Me, Miranesse Secret Weapon, Kanebo), then using a lash tint isn't going to cause any damage or dryness to your lashes. Of course, if you're really worried it might dry them out, just use a lash conditioner (i.e.: Ardell, or a bit of castor oil) overnight on a regular basis to keep them moisturized.

I actually use a bit of my Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm (hair conditioner) on my lashes after I tint them just to make certain and my lashes are fine, even when I was tinting every 2 weeks....


Carekate

What a good idea about using Biolage on your eye lashes. Do you use it straight or with your suggestion of ACV and honey mixed into it on your lashes.


Ah, you guys are starting to learn all my tricks! Wink Yes, I actually made a little pot of Biolage Ultra Hydrating Lash Conditioner with a single drop of ACV (any more and it could sting) and a couple drops of honey and use it to deep condition my lashes every time I tint them. I also add a couple drops of sea-kelp bioferment or marine algae extract but it's not mandatory. If that's too much work, just plain ole Biolage Conditioning Balm will work too!

_________________
▄ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Ruk, do you mind sharing why? I really do not want to get it unless it does what it sais.
Did it darken your lashes? Over time did they stay dark, like a henna stain?

Any info would really help. Cool

Pip


It did darken my lashes, but then the color got all around my eyes, too, making me look like a raccoon. It doesn't lengthen as it says it would. My lashes seem stiff from it, too. However, I am still using it as a mascara base just so I won't waste it. I have to have a Q-tip ready to wipe off the color around my eyes.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Posts: 263
Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered from TSC a long time ago( TSC no longer carries it now). it did no do anything for me. it was said that it can be used at night during sleep, but I found that to be very uncomfortable.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Babor Ampoule Concentrates FP Stop Stress Fluid (2 ml x 7 amps) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Janson Beckett AlphaDerma Duo Value Pack - Alphaderma CE - (large size 4 oz.) and AH3 Facial Skin Prep (4 oz.) (2 items)