Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dr. Varrone's C serum at wallmart
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hey!!

Has anyone tried dr. Varrone's C serum that is available at wallmart.

Till now I was using homemade serum (got the recipe from DIY section) for about 20 days but was not seeing any effect. Today I bought this 10% c serum from wallmart.
I know now its very late asking review as I have already bought it(couldnt resist as it was within my reach bcos of low cost ..it was of only $15). But I was just curious has anybody on this forum tried it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ritas ,
could you tell what form of C is in this serum? Is it L-Ascorbic Acid or Ester C (MAP), or other? Thx.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Hi ritas ,
could you tell what form of C is in this serum? Is it L-Ascorbic Acid or Ester C (MAP), or other? Thx.

Here are the ingredients:-
Water, Ascorbic acid Polypeptide(vitc),Polysorbate 20,Tryosine,Bioflavnoids,hyahronic acid,Rosemary extract,zinc sulfate,Retinyl Plamithe(vit a),cholecalciferol (vit d3),sea mays,Trisodium EDTA,potassium Sorbate,sodium Benzonate Diazolidinyl urea, Fragrance.

Hmm I hope i spelled everything right Smile.
It says its 10% concentrated vitamin c serum
Is the list look good? and how long should I wait to see the effect?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
If it's a good C-serum for your skin type, you should see the results almost immediately. I am using Cellex-C right now, and within the first week I started using it, my skin starts to glow.
If I see this one in walmart, I will probably buy as well - for that price I could be more generous to use on my neck and hands.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
If it's a good C-serum for your skin type, you should see the results almost immediately. I am using Cellex-C right now, and within the first week I started using it, my skin starts to glow.
If I see this one in walmart, I will probably buy as well - for that price I could be more generous to use on my neck and hands.

Thanx for reply. I use it and will certainly write a review after one week and keep you guys updated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for wrong spellings Its Dr. Varon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
That is a good price. I wonder if they sell it in Walmart in Canada...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hmm never knew they sold C-serums in Walmart. When i go to walmart I'll make sure to start searching for this product. Also please keep us updated if you post a review or if you just have tried this product.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
Hmm never knew they sold C-serums in Walmart. When i go to walmart I'll make sure to start searching for this product. Also please keep us updated if you post a review or if you just have tried this product.

Sure I will. Its just one day and i don't want to review it now although on first application I liked it. But after one week I'll review it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
What kind of consistancy is it? Is it a runny liquid or is it a thicker gel type?
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Did it tingle? Did it go on smooth or runny? Question

Pip
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I googled this serum, it's also sold at drugstore.com but at higher price than ritas paid at walmart (18.99 vs 15?). This line also includes bleaching, scar treatment, chemical peel systems - pretty interesting for the price.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Did it tingle? Did it go on smooth or runny? Question
Pip

Its runny water like consistency not gel or creme form which actually good for me as I have oily breakout prone skin.
And it doesn't tingle at least to me it didnt.
But its mentioned on cover that it may tingle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:

I was at Walmart today and didn't see it there. I asked someone who works there, she checked and couldn't find this product on their list. May be they will receive it in Canada soon, or may be they didn't have it at this particular Walmart.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Cautious newbie wrote:

I was at Walmart today and didn't see it there. I asked someone who works there, she checked and couldn't find this product on their list. May be they will receive it in Canada soon, or may be they didn't have it at this particular Walmart.

I got it from California Bayarea side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
Cautious newbie wrote:

I hate it when they don't sell the same stuff in Canada...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
ritas wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
Cautious newbie wrote:

I hate it when they don't sell the same stuff in Canada...

Even if they do, they usually priced a lot higher in Canada Sad
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
does Dr. varon C serum has yellow color?
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:
does Dr. varon C serum has yellow color?

yes serum is of yelllow color and bottle is of dark blue color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
So Ritas, how do you like it so far? You have been using it over a week now, did you notice any difference made to your skin texture?
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm heading to walmart tomorrow so I'd love to know whether you still like this product Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well, I went to wallyworld and they had 2 other products by Dr. Varon but were completely out of the C serum.

I'll check another walmart tomorrow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
mom2eloise wrote:
I'm heading to walmart tomorrow so I'd love to know whether you still like this product Smile

Hey I am very sorry that didn't post my review b4 ur trip but now I have U can check it here:-
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24564
And hey Iaimei I m impressed that u are actually counting days so i guess u r really eager for the review Very Happy .

As in my review I said its great product and i am loving it but at same time i have some questions and concerns for which I would like to have all wise experienced opinion from you great ladies.
My questions are.
1) After applying it for one week I can see dramatically improvement in my skin complexion. Its really brightened and m very happy for this but at same time m also worried that will this effect stay for long or after few days i'll return back to normal. Cos I had same experience with glycolic peel. I could notice my complexion dramatically brightened after using it but after 2-3 months i stopped seeing all the result and even it was not same (maintained) it was just back to my previous complexion that i used to have b4 using peels. So I am worried that will this result of c serum will be maintained (if not further improved m not much bother for that and happy with present result) or after some time i'll be back with my old complexion what is your experience.

2)My second concern is my skin become very flaky and scaly after using this product. And is very very dry. May be bcos I am over tempted by this product and from last 4 days started using more than recommended dose(7-10 drop) that is 12 drops.
I'll start using recommended dose only. But is that happen to everyone initially after using c serum and if that is the case will my skin become use to of it and will stop getting dry after sometime or will continue to flake (as i experience same with glycolic peel and ultimately stopped using it).
And is there any solution or prevention that i can incorporate to make my skin okay with c serum so that it doesn't look that dry.

Please suggest and help I am desperately waiting for your replies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
And hey Iaimei I m impressed that u are actually counting days so i guess u r really eager for the review Very Happy .

Yes I was eager Razz , I was planning a shopping trip down to Seattle (I live in Vancouver, about 2 hours away), so I wonder if I should drop in Walmart when I am there. I am happy with the C -serum I am using now, but looking for something I could afford to use on my neck and hands.....

My questions are.
1) After applying it for one week I can see dramatically improvement in my skin complexion. Its really brightened and m very happy for this but at same time m also worried that will this effect stay for long or after few days i'll return back to normal. Cos I had same experience with glycolic peel. I could notice my complexion dramatically brightened after using it but after 2-3 months i stopped seeing all the result and even it was not same (maintained) it was just back to my previous complexion that i used to have b4 using peels. So I am worried that will this result of c serum will be maintained (if not further improved m not much bother for that and happy with present result) or after some time i'll be back with my old complexion what is your experience.

My experience is my glow was so noticeable to everyone around me in the first couple weeks, but now it seems diminishes. But I guess that's doesn't mean it stops working for you. C is a good antioxidant, it's safe and beneficial to be used for long run

2)My second concern is my skin become very flaky and scaly after using this product. And is very very dry. May be bcos I am over tempted by this product and from last 4 days started using more than recommended dose(7-10 drop) that is 12 drops.

Overuse can lead to irritation and waste of product. You can consider using HA serum co-currently with the C-serum. That will solve your dryness problem. PSF has a decent HA at a good price too. HTH
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

My questions are.
1) After applying it for one week I can see dramatically improvement in my skin complexion. Its really brightened and m very happy for this but at same time m also worried that will this effect stay for long or after few days i'll return back to normal.

My experience is my glow was so noticeable to everyone around me in the first couple weeks, but now it seems diminishes. But I
guess that's doesn't mean it stops working for you. C is a good antioxidant, it's safe and beneficial to be used for long run[/i][/b]

Overuse can lead to irritation and waste of product. You can consider using HA serum co-currently with the C-serum. That will solve your dryness problem. PSF has a decent HA at a good price too. HTH

Thnx so much for your advice.
I guess hyahronic acid is already one component of this serum. its mentioned in ingredient.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |