Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ferox? (Magda, Mabsy, CasperMum)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was browsing EDS and came across Ferox.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ferox-velds-pure-pulp-skin-care.htm

Has anyone tried this product?

Magda, Mabsy, CM have you heard any reports on this product from customers of the Day Spa? This product sounds like every mature woman's dream come true.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Winnie Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Tell me about it! I'm searched but can't find any info.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Does the link I provided work for you?

Here you go:

Ferox Pure Pulp is the result of a wild pland from South Africa, Aloe Ferox, and the extraordinary implementation of th effectiveness of its active ingredients.

Pure Pulp is the only product on the dermo-cosmetic market capable of satisfying the dual requirements of women: regenerating and restructuring with nighttime use and providing an immediate and long-lasting beauty makeover with daytime use.

Ferox Pure Pulp maybe used alone or combined with any other care or make up products whos effects it will enhance.

Ferox Pure Pulp is a highly concentrated moisturizer that attracts water to the surface of your skin. The result is plumper looking skin with fewer visible lines and wrinkles. This supple film lasts all day, clinging smoothly to the surface of your skin.

From the very first application, a spectacular beauty makeover that lasts all day long.

A very high concentration in polysaccharides gives Aloe Ferox gel a revolutionary moisturizing and plumping power. They immediately, through a mechanical action, attract the water in the epidermis to the surface of your skin, like a magnet, and trap it. The result is that the surface of your skin is literally inflated, plumped.

Pure Pulp's unique texture forms, after just a few moments, a supplely smoothing film on your skin and curves your face. This supple, non-occlusive film will last the entire day, maintaining the hydro-lipidic film perfectly.

Your skin is supple, plump. It has never looked so fresh, so luminous. It is like new and your face is curved and toned.

Useage:
Use both morning and night.

Spread two or three dabs of pure pulp on the face and neck. Gently tap to make it penetrate, focusing on the most affected areas - eye contour and the nose-to-chin line.

In the morning Pure Pulp will always be used as te last step in your usual face care routine for its replumping and subtly curving effect

At night, according to your skin type, Pure Pulp should be used before or blended with your usual face care routine.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie..I was looking for anyone that tried it..many in europe, not many here.

HOw's your french?

http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/index.php?topic=26328&start=195

Actually, you can try the google translate, but get ready for a good laugh.
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, but this product is so new to us, that I've heard NOTHING about it, and do not have the packaging here to refer to (for ingredients).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

HOw's your french?

http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/index.php?topic=26328&start=195

Basically,
anyone who hasn't tried it knocks it, claiming that you can just use pure aloe vera or other companies' products that have the special aloe ferox (like "ferocious" aloe plant) extract or gel in them.
turns out those people that bought aloe ferox gels from companies other than veld's were disappointed, the product contains alcohol, it wasn't effective, etc. evidently veld's is an 'euuitable' business which means that they only use the highest ingredients and treat their employees really well.

many others who've tried it claim its an excellent makeup base, certainly rehydrates and plumps up the skin (whereas aloe vera for the same people dried them out or made them break out), and smooths the skin out. other people reported firming action. a couple people broke out from it, but most really liked it/ everyone seeemed to concur that it acts like a barrier, sealing in the moisture content of the skin, and most everyone thinks of it as a 'serum' to put underneath moisturizer and/or makeup. hth!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, this product was shown last week on theshoppingchannel (in Canada).
I caved and ordered it, just received it today, will let you know my results.
www.theshoppingchannel.com
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:

Great! Don't wait too long..a couple of days should do it Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:

Do let us know what you think of this product.

lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 am      Reply with quote
It looks pretty good for oily skin in summer. But I wonder if the Aloe they use is any better than the other types.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I was also curious as to the difference between Aloe Ferox and Aloe Vera and I found this info:

"What Are The Key Differences In Ferox And Vera?

Most if not all Aloe Vera producers filter or chemically neutralise their product to remove the 'aloin' content which originates from the leaf of the plant.

Aloin in small doses can help with skin related problems but in larger quantities and taken internally can be responsible for a number of complaints including abdominal pains, diarrhoea and even haemorrhoids.

The Aloe Vera pulp, (the middle white part of the plant), is very soft. The aloin from the outer leaves of the plant penetrates into the white pulp.

As Ferox is physically a much stronger plant the middle of the plant is equally robust and does not allow any aloin to enter.

This is the reason Ferox does not need to be filtered and retains all the naturally present active ingredients, such as polysaccharides, many of which are lost in Vera through filtration.

Chemical neutralisation is often chosen by Aloe Vera producers as an alternative to filtration. This is also an inferior option. Neutralisation is an unnatural process and leaves unwanted residuals in the juice."

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I was also curious as to the difference between Aloe Ferox and Aloe Vera and I found this info:

"What Are The Key Differences In Ferox And Vera?

Most if not all Aloe Vera producers filter or chemically neutralise their product to remove the 'aloin' content which originates from the leaf of the plant.

Aloin in small doses can help with skin related problems but in larger quantities and taken internally can be responsible for a number of complaints including abdominal pains, diarrhoea and even haemorrhoids.

The Aloe Vera pulp, (the middle white part of the plant), is very soft. The aloin from the outer leaves of the plant penetrates into the white pulp.

As Ferox is physically a much stronger plant the middle of the plant is equally robust and does not allow any aloin to enter.

This is the reason Ferox does not need to be filtered and retains all the naturally present active ingredients, such as polysaccharides, many of which are lost in Vera through filtration.

Chemical neutralisation is often chosen by Aloe Vera producers as an alternative to filtration. This is also an inferior option. Neutralisation is an unnatural process and leaves unwanted residuals in the juice."

Thanks for the great information. Smile
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:

lipglossdoll, What's your verdict???
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
It is very early since I have only used Ferox for 2 days, but I'll share my experience so far. The gel is quite thick, so you have to wait a while for it to absorb. Once it does, the skin does appear dewy and glowing. It is very moisturizing for my oily skin but does not cause any breakouts. I usually use ISC Hydra-Cool over Super/Pro-Heal in the morning, but I find Ferox is more moisturizing than Hydra-Cool so it makes a better makeup base. At nights after Clarisonic, I couple it with Active or MD Forte and it is very soothing(hope it won't reduce the AHA/BHA effect. I'm going to try it over TNS tonight) I do see its plumping effect mostly around the eyes(It doesn't do much to my 11 though). So far I have been very pleased with it, only wish it could be a little cheaper.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Today I received my sample of Ferox. I told EDS not to send me any other samples but just a few of Ferox as I just had to try it.

It is AWESOME!!!!!! Dancing I applied it at noon today. It is now 8PM. My face looks plumber, smoother, and lifted Very Happy . Crows feet and nasal labial lines less visable.Granted this is only a temporary fix for a woman my age but I will gladly take it. The directions say to to apply to clean skin if you have normal to oily skin type. During the summer I fall into the normal/oily category. Once applied my skin feels hydrated but not one bit oily.

I will continue using this for a few days and do a full review.

IMO Ferox is for the mature woman/man who is losing elasticity. Love it on my neck.

bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, thank you very much for that. I have been so interested in this product but, to date, no one has been really commenting on it. So glad to hear that you like it and I can't wait for your review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I forgot to review this, lol!
I really like to use this daily under my sunscreen, my skin looks more plump, also my makeup seems to go on smoother as well. Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Aww, see what you did!? Now I really want some Sad Self control where art thou?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Hated to waste my sample applying Ferox before bed. Rolling Eyes The directions say at bedtime to apply before other products. This morning my skin looks GREAT. Most of the time when I wake up I look my very worst. My skin can look dehydrated and lifeless. Ferox must do a great job of sealing in moisture and keeping the skin plump. As I read more regarding Ferox I see that they recommend it as a treatment. In my case I think I will just apply it during the day after my normal skin care routine.

I hope EDS has a lot of samples of Ferox. Laughing I take back recommending this for the more mature ladies of the forum. For anyone who wants to have a smooth, well rested complexion this is your ticket. Ferox puts Smashbox Photo Finish in my "give away" draw. Yesterday I put it over my sun protection then applied my Lauren Hutton Face Disk. Usually within a few hours my blush vanishes. When it was time to wash my face last night my makeup looked fresh and color was still on my cheeks.

Can you tell I am excited?

janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info! Sounds like another product to add to my growing list! My skin looks great in the morning, but as the day wears on, it's just downhill on moisture.
Have you applied Vit C beneath it?
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like a great product. Now I want it too. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
Thanks for the info! Sounds like another product to add to my growing list! My skin looks great in the morning, but as the day wears on, it's just downhill on moisture.

hmm I think it best to apply Ferox over Vit. C. C Serums sink right into my skin. After I apply my C I will wait several minutes before applying Ferox. Will do the same with my Copper Peptides. Right now I am sampling the Ferox. Once I buy a full size Rolling Eyes I will play around and see what works best.

janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
janjan wrote:

hmm I think it best to apply Ferox over Vit. C. C Serums sink right into my skin. After I apply my C I will wait several minutes before applying Ferox. Will do the same with my Copper Peptides. Right now I am sampling the Ferox. Once I buy a full size Rolling Eyes I will play around and see what works best.

Thanks! I always apply my Vit C first, but wasn't sure about the order when using Ferox. I should be receiving an order from EDS this week - maybe I'll have a sample of Ferox in my package. If not, I'll just go ahead and order it.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, I realise you are inundated with questions at the moment but your raves are getting attention. Can you tell me what the consistency is like and does it absorb quickly? Considering your responses so far to your samples, I think this might be something I should try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Winnie, I realise you are inundated with questions at the moment but your raves are getting attention. Can you tell me what the consistency is like and does it absorb quickly? Considering your responses so far to your samples, I think this might be something I should try.

bushy the consistency is much like aloe but thinner. It is a clear gel. A pea size seems to do my whole face. On application it felt a tiny bit sticky until it absorbed (1-2 minutes tops). From the card that the sample was attached to I think they suggest using more then I did. Actually I needed very little to get nice results.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |