Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Newbie needs info re perfect complexion Apeel light
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ballou02

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Very Happy

Firstly can I just say a big thank you to all of you. I've gained so much information in such a small space of time that my little brain has been overloaded Confused .

I've also laughed myself silly over some posts ("Help I've burnt my face off" "I look like I've been scraped along the road"). I'm so very glad that I have found you all.

Not that's its all been positive mind you. In recent weeks I have purchased Ardell lash serum, skin biology Scar kit and decolletage cream, MSM powder, and perfect complexions TCA latte and DMAE. I now cant afford to eat until the end of the month!!!

Along with my perfect complexion purchases i was given some very generous samples of the lip butter (love it) HA soy lift (smells gorgeous) and Apeel light. I tried the Apeel light last night...rubbed it in with 3 qtips for 3 mins....waited for 3 mins...washed it off and went to bed with nothing on my face last which is almost unheard of for me.

This morning I no longer look like a tomato. But my face is quite oily and I am afraid to wash it with anything other than warm salty water lest Julie tells me off! There is no sign of peeling or flaking yet but I will do the warm compresses etc for 3 days and see what happens. If nothing does happen can I slap on some TCA Latte on top? Can I do that now as there is no sign that it is going to peel?Impatient bugger aren't I?

Also I generally hide my skin under make up (I have a lot of broken caps and some scaring from picking at imaginary spots) Do I have to stop wearing any make up until I flake? If I do wear make up ( at bit of lippy and some mascara and blusher at the very least) what on earth should I clean it off with? Would Julies cleanser be good for make up removal or is that just for cleansing the skin generally?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Embarassed
ballou02

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well I got no answer so..I put some TCA latte on my face Anxious. I know, I know I've probably been a bit fool hardy, but hey, he who dares wins..possibly!?

I will post my results. At present my skin feels a bit tight (its been a few hours since my TCA Latte) and I'm not sure if its glowing or just shiny. No need call for medical assistance just yet!

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Ok, well most of my skin is still attached to my face so its not going to badly...despite reading somewhere last night not to mix the two peels.That was after I had already put the stuff on my face though. I obviously read the instructions wrong as I am sure it said thee TCA Latte could be used with any of Julie's peel line.

I have a little flaking around my mouth and I can see that there is a layer of dead skin all over my face. I look like a wizened old lady when I smile.

I put TCA Latte on my hands too a couple of days in succession. You'll be glad to hear that I didnt use any of the Apeel Light before. The look a bit "snakey" today.

I shall do some compresses with warm water and salt today on my face and hands and see what that produces.

Please feel free to chip in and add a comment. It would be really nice to know that I am not alone whilst going through all this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I felt so sorry for you not having any replies that I just had to post.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with this product, but hope it all works out for you. With any luck, someone with some knowledge might pop by later to help you out. Trouble is, people are on a lot of different time zones, so it can take a while for the right person to see your post and answer.

Hang on in there in the meantime.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome. I am currently having disastrous results with the apeel light but it's my fault since i didn't follow perfect complexion's directions. I have ranted and moaned a lot in these 2 threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23212

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24245

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb - Hello. Thankyou very much for your reply. That was really sweet.

Scinecareaddicted - Hiya. I do hope you're ok!Thanks for your post and the links. I shall go over to that thread

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
hi ballou! I have updated over there and my skin is doing fab now Very Happy . Thank for your concern.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |