Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

opinions of Diana Yvonnes' 25% C Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I am so overwhelmed with reading the posts on C serums, and what is the correct PH, which has water or polymers, what makes it more stable or not.,etc. Brick wall #*?<%! Soooo...just tell me if ya like Diana Yvonnes 25% C Serum?!?!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
well, I could have got a bad batch, but it turned very quickly on me, three or four weeks I think and it was really dark yellow. I also tried a prof solutions 12% water based C serum and the same happened. Now DY said they were bad lots and replaced the 12% one (didn't think to moan about the 25% one) but I think that water based C serums are very unstable. I'm wobbling on the PSF 15% because I want to use the ferulic, and if I DO go for it and this one turns, then I just will not buy them again, I'll stick with the BG/PG bases instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
well, I could have got a bad batch, but it turned very quickly on me, three or four weeks I think and it was really dark yellow. I also tried a prof solutions 12% water based C serum and the same happened. Now DY said they were bad lots and replaced the 12% one (didn't think to moan about the 25% one) but I think that water based C serums are very unstable. I'm wobbling on the PSF 15% because I want to use the ferulic, and if I DO go for it and this one turns, then I just will not buy them again, I'll stick with the BG/PG bases instead.

Guapa, if this helps unwobble you at all, I am down to my last dropper of the new PSF with Ferulic and only now does it have the tiniest twinge of yellow. I kept it upright in my drawer in the lav. to make sure it didn't see the light of day. I think it is waayyyyy better than the first version of PSF that I tried that most def. went dark very quickly. I love Candy's as well and alternate between the two - so, it's taken me prolly longer to get through the PSF bottle than it normally would - and still, I'd say right now it's clear with a twinge of yellow - Does that help at all? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I am interested to know how long the PSF serum has lasted for you.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
I love Candy's as well and alternate between the two - so, it's taken me prolly longer to get through the PSF bottle than it normally would - and still, I'd say right now it's clear with a twinge of yellow - Does that help at all? Laughing

Hi Mariav,
If you can only re-purchase one, which one would you go for? Candy's or PSF? Thanks.

I am so torned with so many Vit C choices - PSF, Viver, Cellular Skin RX, Skincarecentral Triple C. I need something to tip me over!!!

Edit: Mountain Girl, Sorry, I've not tried DY's C but I've tried Skincarecentral's Vit C (the one without Ferulic acid which they are no longer selling). It was from Professional Solutions, the same brand as what DY is selling. That was probably my first Vit C and I remembered liking it. It absorbs fast and the texture is light. HTH

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Mariav wrote:
I love Candy's as well and alternate between the two - so, it's taken me prolly longer to get through the PSF bottle than it normally would - and still, I'd say right now it's clear with a twinge of yellow - Does that help at all? Laughing

Hi Mariav,
If you can only re-purchase one, which one would you go for? Candy's or PSF? Thanks.

I am so torned with so many Vit C choices - PSF, Viver, Cellular Skin RX, Skincarecentral Triple C. I need something to tip me over!!!

Edit: Mountain Girl, Sorry, I've not tried DY's C but I've tried Skincarecentral's Vit C (the one without Ferulic acid which they are no longer selling). It was from Professional Solutions, the same brand as what DY is selling. That was probably my first Vit C and I remembered liking it. It absorbs fast and the texture is light. HTH

Oooooh Goofy - such a tough question!!! Seriously, Candy's Triple C is lovely - I very much liked her first version of it, then she tweaked it and holy cow! It's just great and absorbs easily, causes no breakouts....love her customer service and special touches that she includes in the orders...PSF....great customer service a MUCH better version now of their Vitamin C, I'd say if the old version was still around I'd pick Candy's in a heartbeat, but the new version with ferulic is really, really good - I am about to reorder my second bottle so that says alot. GADS - I've been no help to you at all!!! You know, it's so individual so though I may love both, you may find that you love one over the other - I truly don't think you can go wrong with either, but I do know you can get a sample size from each company - so maybe sample each and see which one does it for you? Very Happy

Maria Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:

It was from Professional Solutions, the same brand as what DY is selling. That was probably my first Vit C and I remembered liking it. It absorbs fast and the texture is light. HTH

Worth pointing out that PS also make cellularskinRx products as well.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |