Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

is there any potential danger in using these skin gadgets? r
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kikilarue
5% products discount

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i want to buy the facemate because posters on here really are saying good things but i worry that maybe thinks like microcurrent/ultrasound/light should best be left to trained professionals? i am just worried that i might be trying to do good things but be unaware of side effects i might be creating? do you think these things are really safe to do on yourself or should they be medspa treatments?
kikilarue
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
anyone have any info on this? i really am worried about potential side effects if any because if there arent i would like to purchase one of these things. i don't want to buy one without full knowledge though!i would have to overstimulate or breakdown collagen or something and end up ageing myself as im still young.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
My advise is don't do it unless you know what you are doing. Similar to when you go to gym room if you don't know how to operation the equipment properly you may end up injure yourself.
I don't know how easy thses at home equipment can be used. Why don't you get some treatments from Spa or skin clinic first and see if there is a big learning curve to overcome?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
i have no idea about the devices that are used here, but i would think that mis-use could lead to slackened skin and more wrinkles perhaps? i think it's the same with other things though--like applying/removing makeup too roughly can cause wrinkles too.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
yeah thats exactly what im worried about, that it will lead to slackened rather than firmed skin-particularly as im still young. do you think the spa facials using gadgets are a safer bet?
melvinismybear

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
kikilarue wrote:
i want to buy the facemate because posters on here really are saying good things but i worry that maybe thinks like microcurrent/ultrasound/light should best be left to trained professionals? i am just worried that i might be trying to do good things but be unaware of side effects i might be creating? do you think these things are really safe to do on yourself or should they be medspa treatments?

honestly, it all depends on the device themselves. most already have safety features built into them (e.g. limits power output and duration of use) so you "hurting" yourself would be a real stretch. just make sure you follow the directions and ensure you get ones with all the safety features. avoid ebay at all cost, they may be cheaper, but they're usually poorly made from China. Buy products made anywhere else BUT China and Taiwan is not considered China. Taiwan has bettery Quality Assurance and Quality Control so they're actually quite good. Good merchants will have good customer supports and warranties. . . those are the ones you should purchase from. skinspatula dot com is a good site to visit. really informative FAQs section and customer support.

spas use ultrasonic skinspatula to exfoliates and then permeate treatments using the same devices. learning curve is EXTREMELY low . . . very very very easy to learn and use (almost no learning). so easy, see the above mentioned site and you'll be amazed at all the money you throw away to spas when you could achieve the same results at home
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
IMO its important to purchase from reputable manfacturers that's been around for some time. They have a reputation to upkeep!

And of course it's equally important to follow instructions provided faithfully and not overdo things by increasing treatment time/ frequency on whims?

The old adage of too much of a good thing could still apply here I think? Razz
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
BabyQ seems to be very safe. LED photorejuvenation therapy. The instruction book only states the lighthead should be kept away from the thyroid area. I do not use it directly over the eyeballs either, just to be supersafe.
I am having only good results after using it for one year now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I started with LED about 4 years ago and followed the instructions. Have had no problems with LED and it has helped my skin immensely with sun spots and giving an even tone and prventing breakouts. I don't think they can sell these gadgets made in the US
without some type of warranty - maybe even FDA approval. WIth gadgets made in other countries, there is a "CE" approval. This
means approval comes from a council made up of several countries. You just need to read up on it. After several years I purchased the facemate. The instructions were skimpy so I just kept e-mailing the seller asking questions till I got the answers I needed to use the facemate. I have had the facemate for 8 months and have had no problems with it either. I belive the key is to use moderation and follow the instuctions. The LED machines are good ones to start with. Good luck!
DiPhx

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |