Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shaving "it" all off
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
ladies considering taking it all off Wink should enjoy this thread....on the Soulcysters board. Laughing

http://www.soulcysters.net/ultimate-magic-powder-thread-all-your-needs-including-your-crack-208414/

and here's the original:

http://www.soulcysters.net/tmi-majic-cream-butt-cracks-130965/

And I thought our thread was funny Laughing

I bought some Magic Cream last night...now lets see if I can get up the courage to try it Very Happy
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Haven't checked here in a while...but Melanie H., I never said I shaved it ALL off, I don't. Just around the girlie bits, bikini line, etc, the pubic pad area I just trim. I just think it's a personal preference. And I was with one guy who shaved his entire body, something fairly common among body-building buffs; his skin was so smooth, and first I noticed no chest-hair, and then ... no hair anywhere else, either! It seemed, well, a tad odd, but frankly I liked the smooth skin, being able to touch a man and actually feel his SKIN, not just skin-through-hair. Call me weird. He had skin like rose petals...all over ... Ahem! back to reality.

I used to feel weird about other people knowing I shaved, the first few gyn exams I had I would nervously announced to my dr, "now, don't be surprised, but I shave ... down there " and she's like oh honey, everyone does nowadays. Certain cultures have shaved their bodies (Japanese comes to mind) regularly, both sexes. If people shave or don't, head/face/body, it's up to everyone to decide, and it's not a permanent decision.

back atcha Guapagirl
Never had my DH do the honors though he's offered, that would make me nervous!!
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl, your skin is obviously thicker than mine Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
i tried shaving, but eek! ITCH!! i only did the top part, maybe the top inch to test how I'd be with the whole process.
I've been exfolating, but some of the ingrowns are getting red Sad

Would getting it professionally waxed help prevent the ingrowns a bit better? I've only had my eyebrows waxed once, but it ended up leaving me pink and sore for a week (not the couple hours the woman promised!). I'm not sure whether it was just her or my skin. My sis has had a bikini wax with no problem, but her eyebrows didn't cause problems either...
I've got the number of a woman who comes highly recommended by friends, but i'm a wimp!
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been shaving it all off for 6 years and the first few times, I was itchy when the hair grew back. Now, it never itches even if I don't shave for a week. I feel much cleaner this way. I guess it's a matter of taste!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think I should make it clear that after the epilady incident guapaboy has not been near any sensitive parts!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I shaved for years until I got an actual bikini wax about a month ago. So fewer ingrowns, it was amazing.
Will I do it again? It's more expensive, but for the vacation fun, absolutely.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting thread...as I've been putting off my "personal grooming"...just lazy!

I have no "standard" for my girly parts...sometimes I just leave it, sometimes I take part of it off, and sometimes all of it. Just depends on what I feel like. Recently out of a relationship, so am just enjoying being single. My guy didn't really have a preference...whatever I liked was fine. (But hairy underarms totally grossed him out!) I've waxed, shaved, and used depilatories. My experiences with all 3...

Waxing...liked the results but HURT LIKE HELL! I think I do have a relatively low pain threshold...but even with 3 advil...just couldn't stand it.

Shaving...I got red bumps after I shaved. But, found a few solutions. OTC cortisone cream worked very well. I just gently dried the area and put that on...no problems. I've also found a fabulous shaving cream. It's called "Coochy Cream". When I use that...don't even have to use the cortisone...and no problems. I originally bought it at a friend's "naughty" party. It's sold online and at stores that sell...um....toys, etc... OK...now I'm blushing Shock But there are stores that aren't creepy or sleazy that sell skimpy lingerie, stuff for bachelorette parlors and...toys. OOPS, said it again! I live in the Chicago area and we have one called Lovers Lane. Very decent place with lots of interesting stuff.

Depilatories - worked well for me. I just put it on there...sides, top and a bit closer to the "magic button"...but don't put it on there or below in the most sensitive areas. Just where the hair grows...then I've used both a washcloth to remove it and the Veet hair remover tool (looks like a razor, but has no blades)...helps get the hair off. But, have to be very careful to not use too much pressure. There is also a new cream by Epi-something...that you use on the depilatoried area...it's a gel that's pink...and turns white when all the chemical is gone...so it gets rid of the smell.

So...I usually use a depilatory (lasts longer than shaving) or shave (easier and quicker than depilatories).

I've never really had a problem w/ingrown hairs...as long as I've used cortisone cream or coochy cream. But, I do exfoliate...so I'm sure that helps.

Happy hair free days to you all!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Geminiwoman for all the info -- I had no clue. I was going to blame my naivete on my "wholesome Midwestern upbringing," but I see you're from Chicago too!

Years ago, I had electrolysis done down there (hated shaving, itching, constant upkeep), but nothing more than the bikini line. Don't know if I would want to go through the pain and expense again for the whole area.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that someone had the guts to name their product Coochy Cream Laughing . Straight and to the point, just not as repressed as many of us ..... (ok, me!)
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
LilLoco...
Yeah, I was freaked out when I first heard of it! But now...It really doesn't bother me, because it works. Still hilarious though! When I've told one of my friends...I always have to "whisper" the name!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
OK, I'll jump the wagon and add my 2 cents.
I've been shaving/waxing for good 15-18 years (off and on). I love it and my hubby loves it! I have to say I feel much sexier when I'm "clean". I think my hubby agrees Wink.
I don't think my "vajejey" looks perfect and, like everybody else, after giving birth my 42 year-old nether parts are probably not a magazine cover material - but I don't care!!!
My hubby likes it the way it is, and that's all that counts. Very Happy
Oh, yes - if you can find a good waxer (is this a word?? Shock) - go with waxing. I prefer it to shaving. Lasts longer, skin is softer, and it itches less.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
thestepfordwife wrote:
rosyface wrote:
ladies considering taking it all off Wink should enjoy this thread....on the Soulcysters board. Laughing

http://www.soulcysters.net/ultimate-magic-powder-thread-all-your-needs-including-your-crack-208414/

and here's the original:

http://www.soulcysters.net/tmi-majic-cream-butt-cracks-130965/

And I thought our thread was funny Laughing

I bought some Magic Cream last night...now lets see if I can get up the courage to try it Very Happy

OK, I'm lazy, but what is this stuff and does it work!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

OK, I'm lazy, but what is this stuff and does it work!

I'm curious too! I checked out the thread, but still wasn't quite sure I understood. Is it like a depilatory cream??? And, what is that forum for? Wierd name that I wasn't quite sure of. People that grow lots of hair??? I thought that was hirsuitism (not sure if I spelled that right...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:11 am      Reply with quote
The Magic Powder needs to be mixed with water into a paste, so it's a little messy - and smells awful. However, it does actually work.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
The Magic Powder needs to be mixed with water into a paste, so it's a little messy - and smells awful. However, it does actually work.

But what do you do with it? shave with it? exfoliate?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I have braided mine and added some ribbons and bells. It looks very pretty and I can hear myself coming and going.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
majorb wrote:

it's a depilatory product that's a powder you mix into a cream.

BTW, soulcysters is a site for women who have Polycystic Ovarian syndrome and one of the manifestations is excess facial and or body hair.... hence the thread on hair removal on various body parts...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I have braided mine and added some ribbons and bells. It looks very pretty and I can hear myself coming and going.

hahahaha! Laughing Laughing Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
majorb wrote:

You just apply, wait, then scrape - they recommend an old credit card. American Express will do nicely.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Glad to see someone has a sense of humor regarding this topic. My day job sometimes can be quite stressful and I find reading this topic brings me some of relief. I love the humor on EDS in this topic as well as others. Now I am just waiting for the before and afters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

fnar fnar ...you said coming Laughing

5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
skinchat, do you shave down there or are you talking about facial shaving?

I do indeed shave "it" all off, as the threat title implies. For the very reasons I mentioned in my previous post regarding why men do it. I would have thought that would have clued you gals in to the fact that I'm of the pointy sort.
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
L Laughing L Laughing ok *wipes eyes* all I can think about now is "she has rings on her fingers and bells on her toes"!!

I've thrown my back out...but as soon as it's a little better (or I can at least bend over that far) I'm gonna try that Magic cream and report back.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

But doesn't that mean you tinkle a little in your pants whenever you go for a walk?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
skinchat wrote:
guapagirl wrote:
skinchat, do you shave down there or are you talking about facial shaving?

I do indeed shave "it" all off, as the threat title implies. For the very reasons I mentioned in my previous post regarding why men do it. I would have thought that would have clued you gals in to the fact that I'm of the pointy sort.

Had no idea you were pointy at all!

excellent shaving advice not withstanding, I still think guys shave their pubes to give the appearance of a longer shlong Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |