Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How do you "top up" your sunscreen during the day?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Would SS need to be topped off if you're not sweating?

i usually just reapply on my nose and mouth area since drinking and blowing my nose i assume, would rub off SS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I wear makeup every day, and the Colorescience Sunforgettable is pretty good if you need to reapply your sunscreen. So if you still have pink skin after a day, maybe find a higher SPF cream as a base.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Would SS need to be topped off if you're not sweating?

i usually just reapply on my nose and mouth area since drinking and blowing my nose i assume, would rub off SS.

Over a period of time the sunscreen will degrade in efficacy, and some tanning may occur. That is why it is recommended to reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
lovelyjane wrote:
I wear makeup every day, and the Colorescience Sunforgettable is pretty good if you need to reapply your sunscreen. So if you still have pink skin after a day, maybe find a higher SPF cream as a base.

Here's another question ... if my skin turns a bit pink while I'm out, but fades back to normal (without a tan) about an hour after I get inside ... does that still constitute sun damage? I always assumed any colour from the sun was damaging to your skin? And I'm extra paranoid about sun damage because of all my hyperpigmentation. Smile
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
athena123 - the Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen stick is advertised as "translucent" but it's actually a warm "glowy" shade. Less a color than a thin veil. I have tawny olive skin and it never looks white or "powdery."
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

Over a period of time the sunscreen will degrade in efficacy, and some tanning may occur. That is why it is recommended to reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours.

iaimei, is this true for physical SS as well and not just chemical? I am thinking if you don't sweat or wipe off SS, wouldn't the physical SS just sit there?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
iaimei wrote:

iaimei, is this true for physical SS as well and not just chemical? I am thinking if you don't sweat or wipe off SS, wouldn't the physical SS just sit there?

You are right that physical ss doesn't have much issue of chemical degrading. But just how you do define the SS is absolute "physical" - I guess we are only concerning the UVA sunblock sunscreen ingredients here: Titanium Dioxide and Zinc oxide. But what about the other UVB blocking ingredients that most of the time co-exist in a product, such as Octocrylene, Octinoxate, or Octisalate, they are still in the category of "chemical", aren't they? Are they subject to degrading? I don't have the answer and that's why I rather be on the safe side, re-apply ss if I stay outdoor for long period of time.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
The ONLY time i reapply sunscreen is when i'm sunbathing Shame on you but listening to you gals,ya right,i should reapply during the day.....
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
I use Shiseido powder compact with SPF 50. I just apply that as and when needed, without disturbing makeup!

Margot wrote:

I'm a total sunscreen fanatic, but have just recently started reapplying midday. Normally I'd put it on (any of the Shiseido sunscreens) and then in the evening before I walked my dogs. Now I "touch up" during the day with Peter Thomas Roth's new "Instant Mineral SPF 30." It's a brush that delivers superfine titanium dioxide and zinc oxide powder. I even brush it on the back of my hands periodically during the day. It's genius!

Thanx Morgot and zizi. Its really a good idea to use powder or compact sunscreen for reapplication without disturbing existing makeup and very easy to use.
you guys removed my confusion!!(not sure is this right English (please correct me if i am wrong) )
From where u buy this stuff and how much does it cost?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I don't reapply during the day, but I do throw on a hat when I leave the office for the walk home. I walk directly into the sun, so I think the best measure is to keep the sun off of my face in the first place.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
i only reapply if i am outside the entire day doing heavy sports. i am too lazy to reapply during the day any other time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I use PureLuxe mineral foundation, and follow that with a spritz od Caudalie Harvest Grape Water.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am shamed to say that I dont really reapply sunscreen although I do wear a spf50 daily.
now I am considering getting this compact spf . it sounds really neat.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
This new product to EDS seems a nice solution:

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30
Instant Mineral SPF 30 Brush on powder for immediate any time UVA/UVB sun-protection. Translucent matte finish with titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, willow bark extract & vitamins A C & E

Convenient application for immediate any time sun protection without using an SPF cream or lotion. Silky smooth, finely milled, mineral powder with SPF 30. Indications: Works immediately to block out the sun's harmful UVA/UVB infrared rays to help prevent sunburn, skin damage, freckling & uneven discoloration.

The tube seems a little small wonder how long it could last...
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
This new product to EDS seems a nice solution:

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30
Instant Mineral SPF 30 Brush on powder for immediate any time UVA/UVB sun-protection. Translucent matte finish with titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, willow bark extract & vitamins A C & E

Convenient application for immediate any time sun protection without using an SPF cream or lotion. Silky smooth, finely milled, mineral powder with SPF 30. Indications: Works immediately to block out the sun's harmful UVA/UVB infrared rays to help prevent sunburn, skin damage, freckling & uneven discoloration.

The tube seems a little small wonder how long it could last...

Yes, I was looking at it and wondering the same thing. And also, can you see it when it's on your skin? I don't want to buy it and then have it have a white powdery look on my face.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
sweet28 wrote:
Here's a link with the sunscreen compact I was referring to http://www.cosmeticamerica.com/sh12534.html?synertech. I've never ordered from this site before but just wanted to show you what it looks like. I got mine before from Holt Renfrew, the Bay department store, and Taiwan (when I was traveling - also much cheaper). They even have refills available so you don't need to repurchase the entire compact when you finish using the compact.

Thanks! Smile I actually was out today and stopped by Sears to see if they had it and they did! I got the lightest colour SP10 which seemed a little dark when I applied it in the car (they didn't have a tester), but when I looked at myself at home, I think the colour does work. Hopefully this will give me better protection when I leave work over the Colorscience ... atleast it's easier to see you've applied it!

I'm glad I could help! Very Happy So how do you like it ? The only drawback is that they do not have a lot of colours to choose from but somehow it seems to work out. I am still using my compact because I find it easiest to re-apply in the afternoon and even powder up my t-zone to get out the shine.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:

I'm glad I could help! Very Happy So how do you like it ? The only drawback is that they do not have a lot of colours to choose from but somehow it seems to work out. I am still using my compact because I find it easiest to re-apply in the afternoon and even powder up my t-zone to get out the shine.

I really like it! You're right about the colours though .. the lightest is still a tad too dark, but I find when I blend it in, it actually gives a nice glow without looking obviously dark. Thanks for the rec ... this will be great over summer. What I like is that it's easier for me to make sure I'm covered. With the Colorescience stuff, I could see powder floating around in the air, but I wasn't sure how much was getting on my face and giving me good coverage. Smile
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
The Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral (in a tube) lasts a surprisingly long time. Actually, the bottom of the tube unscrews...I don't know why you couldn't refill with another powder after washing the brush. Too bad they don't do refill packs of the same product. And no, it doesn't look white or powdery. It's a slightly warm tone; flattering (I would think) to most complexions except those on either end of the spectrum. I suspect at some point they'll come out with lighter and deeper shades.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet but caught Lauren Hutton on HSN this week and it seems like she has come up with the answer to this question:

Lauren Hutton 24/7 SPF 18 Makeup-Friendly Hydrating Face Mist
Item: 253-808

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=3512241&web_id=3512241&sf=bs&attr=138&prev=hp!sf!138

Quote:
Sun protection is under your control with Lauren Hutton's 24/7 SPF 18 Makeup-Friendly Hydrating Face Mist. This truly unique matte finish face mist can be applied throughout the day over your makeup without making a mess or having to touch up your makeup. You receive a 2 oz. bottle.

Lauren Hutton 24/7 SPF 18 Makeup-Friendly Hydrating Face Mist Features:

- Helps protect skin from the harmful aging effects of the sun
- Helps improve the appearance of skin by acting as a facial skincare moisturizer
- Convenient to use throughout the day because it is created to work over/under makeup
- Contains natural antioxidants aloe vera, green tea extract, orange peel wax and white tea extract
- Can be used as a makeup primer and reapplied as needed
- Non-shine, non-residue finish won't accentuate fine lines, wrinkles and pores
- Non-aerosol
- Oil, paba and silicone-free formula

The fact that you can apply it through out the day without having to remove your makeup, etc. and the more natural aspect of it makes it sound like a winner.

On HSN, you can buy it in combo with some other products or separately.

And, woohoo, just checked Lauren's site and see this special offer:
http://www.laurenhutton.com/special-offer.html
24/7 SPF 18 Hydrating Mist
Sale Price $20 with Free Lip Pencil and Free Shipping
Retail Value: $55 (If Purchased Separately)You Save: $35
Free Shipping on This Item Only + Free Lip Pencil

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I spray mineral water all over my face before I re apply my sunscreen again. It help my skin refresh.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I've always tried to be diligent about applying sunscreen, but I rarely, if ever reapply during the day. I'm trying to be better now, though, you ladies are a great influence!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Margot wrote:
The Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral (in a tube) lasts a surprisingly long time. Actually, the bottom of the tube unscrews...I don't know why you couldn't refill with another powder after washing the brush. Too bad they don't do refill packs of the same product. And no, it doesn't look white or powdery. It's a slightly warm tone; flattering (I would think) to most complexions except those on either end of the spectrum. I suspect at some point they'll come out with lighter and deeper shades.

I bought this with my EDS order this week, but when I tried to put the cap back on the brush, I couldn't squeeze it all in so now all the edges of the brush are bent back. I went back onto the EDS site to see if they say anything about how to put the cap on and this is what it says:
Quote:
To close, pull sleeve up from bottom & replace cap.

My tube does not have a sleeve so I thought maybe I had to turn the bottom and I ended up unscrewing it and the powder fell out. Sad I didn't even get to try it, I think I'm going to cry. So what sleeve are they talking about? Does anyone else's have a sleeve?
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Lara Hutton just came out with a SS that you apply over make-up. I was debating on trying it. Has anyone ordered it?

This sounds great!!!!!!
However: I live in Europe.
Don't know whether they ship overseas, I just sent them an email to ask. Their website is not clear about it.
Maybe someone of you knows?
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I bought this with my EDS order this week, but when I tried to put the cap back on the brush, I couldn't squeeze it all in so now all the edges of the brush are bent back. I went back onto the EDS site to see if they say anything about how to put the cap on and this is what it says:
Quote:
To close, pull sleeve up from bottom & replace cap.

My tube does not have a sleeve so I thought maybe I had to turn the bottom and I ended up unscrewing it and the powder fell out. Sad I didn't even get to try it, I think I'm going to cry. So what sleeve are they talking about? Does anyone else's have a sleeve?

Yes, they all do. But at first I did the same thing you did. The direction that you turn to unscrew the bottom, turn it in the opposite direction to "unstick" the sleeve and it will pull up over the brush.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I found I was able to reapply PSF SPF50 right on top of my makeup after 6 hours. Left my skin looking kind of glowy and dewey instead of oily. I was prompted to try this when I neglected my daily does of Silken Pearl Paste and was amazed at how well it looked!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |