Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Kate Somerville Multi-Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
When I heard that EDS was going to be carrying Kate Somerville I was very excited. Why? Not sure. I hadn't really even heard of the brand until I read some reviews on here and then checked out more reviews on MakeupAlley. I guess I hoped it would be the cure to my skincare woes! Although my skin was looking better when I went back to using mostly IS Clincial, it was still suffering from blackheads and dehydration.

I sent an email directly to the Kate Somerville site and was suggested a routine for my skin issues. And being the impulsive person I am and thinking along the lines of "VISA? That's not REAL money!", I ended up ordering everything they suggested. Not the wisest thing to do because who knows who my skin would react and I would possibly be wasting a great deal of money. I was excited though to try it all, so onto my credit card it went.

This is what they suggested for me (with the exception of the Quench which I just really wanted to try) based on my comments that I had fine lines, hyperpigmentation, monthly tendency to breakout and blackheads in nose/chin area).

Gentle Daily Wash
Total Vitamin Antioxident Complex
Nourish Daily Moisture
Line Release Under Eye Repair
Quench
Kate In A Jar
Protect Sunscreen
Deep Tissue Repair with Peptide K8
Clearing Mask

I already had the Clarisonic (which they suggested I buy) that I had been using since last summer.

Following are my reviews of each product I tried. As of tomorrow, I will have been using these products for three weeks.

Gentle Daily Wash - LOVE this stuff!! I use it with my Clarisonic brush at night and by itself in the shower in the morning. I love the thickness to this gel. It works GREAT with the Clarisonic ... my other cleanser (YonKa Gel) wouldn't stay at thick under the brush as this stuff. The Gentle Daily Wash really gives the brush a good slip on your face without drying up as you're using your brush. Also, it doesn't make my skin feel dry either! I can wash my face and it doesn't feel after washing.

Total Vitamin Antioxident Complex - it would be interesting to know the percentage of active ingredients in this serum. It has a noticeable "vitamin c" smell to it, but that quickly goes away in a minute or two and it also sinks in very nicely. I did notice over the few weeks of using this that my skin did appear maybe a bit brighter. I was previously using Vivier 20% C serum which I also liked, but I think I might prefer this one. I think the Vivier was a little more shiny on my face than this one. I had been using Vivier for a few months and if I saw some additional brightening after using the KS product, then I think for me it must be pretty effective.

Nourish Daily Moisture - this cream is suggested for anti-aging. It goes on very nicely and light. However, I do notice it does make my face more shiny during the day then I used to be. I'd thought it was the sunscreen, but when I went back to my Remergent SPF30 with this moisturizer, I still had the shine. So I do need to powder my face now mid day, BUT I am also finding that my skin is alot more hydrated (I think before the ISC stuff was dehydrating my skin a bit), so I guess it's a good payoff. I can't tell if this moisturizer has any anti-aging effects for me ... my few fine lines seem to be the same, so they aren't any worse, nor are they better (but it's only been three weeks).

Line Release Under Eye Repair - This seems like a very nice eye cream. I did find it was maybe a bit too moisturizing during the day, but I might have been using too much. My concealer seemed to be disappearing early in the day and I'd have to retouch it often. When I used the Ice Elements eye cream, I never noticed that happening. So I made sure to just use a tiny tiny bit in the AM and then a little more at night. I had fine lines already developing around my eyes, and just the other day I was looking at my face close up, and THOUGHT I could see my fine lines looking more pronounced (more on the one side than the other ... the side that sees more sun when I'm driving!). Now maybe they've been that way all along and I just noticed, because I am happy with this eye cream and it is nicely moisturizing. I even thought I MIGHT see some very slight brightening. So I'm going to use up the container and then judge if I would repurchase. I was going to try the Cellcosmet eye cream before I was sidetracked by KS, so that may still be something I'd like to try down the road as well. Oh, the other thing about this I notice is that sometimes when I pump out some product, it comes out a bit like it has separated a bit ... not all creamy, but partly creamy and partly really runny. When I opened the container though and peeked inside, it all seemed to be well mixed though.

Quench - Even though this wasn't suggested to me, I really wanted to try it. I figured it would be nice for those days when I felt like I might want a bit extra moisture and especially might be nice in winter when it gets so dry here. Every now and then when I feel dry I will use this at night. I try to keep it on my cheek area (and not in breakout prone areas as per the KS rep who I emailed cautioned me against). I really like this serum and sometimes I have used it all over my face. I am still breaking out here and there, so it's hard to say putting this all over my face contributed to that or not. But it IS a really nice serum and does help when my skin feels a bit dry.

Kate in a Jar - This is really nice. The first time I used it, I didn't put enough on and didn't really notice any effects. However, the next time I put a bit more on and saw my face get a bit red when I washed it off. I do find it makes my pores seem smaller afterwards and my skin looks nice and smooth after using it. I do still use my leftover PSF Microcrystal cream around my nose if it gets extra flakey because it seems to get rid of the flakes a bit better I think.

Protect Sunscreen - I had a reaction to this sunscreen the first two times I used it (then I gave up!). From looking at the ingredients, I think it seems more like a chemical SS and I think maybe my skin on my face prefers a physical screen (I had a similar reaction to La Roche Posay on my face). My face felt "prickly" when I used it, so I'm now using it on the rest of my body.

Deep Tissue Repair with Peptide K8 - Not sure I've seen any major differences from using it, but I don't have any wrinkles and just some fine lines so maybe there's not as much to correct. I think I might repurchase when I'm done just to judge some longer term effects. I know my face is looking nicer, so it might be the combination of all the products or a single product or two. Unfortunately when you try it all at once it's hard to tell what is doing what! Smile It is a really nice feeling cream though and not too thick or greasy on your face.

Clearing Mask - This was suggested as a spot treatment for when I did get some breakouts. I think it works ok for that. Usually I'll dot it on any blemishes and leave it on overtime .. it MIGHT help a bit making the blemishes smaller, but it's not a huge difference from any other treatment. The odd time I'll try it as a mask. Not sure I'd repurchase because I think more of a real "spot treatment" might be better for me than using a mask as a spot treatment.

Overall, I am happy with these products and will probably repurchase most of them. I haven't seen any lightening of pigmentation (but nothing else has really helped either). I do think I might be seeing some overall brightening of my skin. I MIGHT see some slight brightening under my eyes (but this is so hard to really say because one day I might think I see something and the next day I don't). My skin was feeling a bit dehydrated from the IS Clinical I'd been using before this new routine, and now I do find my face is more hydrated and less flaky than it was. I am still breaking out though and still suffering from blackheads (which I try to extract myself and end up causing most of my breakouts. Sad ). I think I was breaking out less from the IS Clinical, but this line makes my skin look more hydrated and I think I'm happier with this routine (now if I could just stop messing with my face and creating more breakouts!).

I'm really glad EDS brought in this line so that I could try it.

This is my current routine:

AM:
Gentle Daily Wash
Total Vitamin Antioxident Complex
Nourish Daily Moisture
Remergent SPF30

PM:
Gentle Daily Wash (with Clarisonic)
Deep Tissue Repair with Peptide K8

Other:
Kate In A Jar - 2-3x a week
Clearing Mask - spot treatment when/where needed
Quench - when/where needed
Protect Sunscreen - Use this now on my neck/chest, etc.

If anyone is looking for the ingredients, check out this link ...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23724&highlight=
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I approached this thread with some trepidation as last time I read one of Moonstarr's posts I ended up buying two new handbags! Well you didn't get me this time, Moonstarr, as I just made an EDS order and no Kate Somerville products. However, I am still thinking about that Kate in a Jar thing Very Happy

Laughing Don't worry ... I'll get ya next time! Smile

zumlya wrote:
Thanks for the reviews. I can't wait to try the other products. I'm almost done with a Deep Tissue repair sample. I love the smell of this stuff. Does all KS smell similar?

I wouldn't say all the stuff I have smells the same, but there is some simularity there for sure I'd say. Except the Total Vitamin which definitely to me smells like orange juice or something. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |