Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Valmont Nature Moisturising with a Mask - RAVE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
If you think Valmont Renewing pack is not hydrating enough and nothing special, then this is it!

Valmont Nature Moisturising with a mask

I've been given a small renewing pack sample and a bigger tub of this mask with my order.
Finished my whole 3 or 5 ml tube of renewing pack and i honestly didnt feel it was doing anything for me, it was refreshing cos it was minty and my skin sipped it up in no time, didnt really feel that hydrating at all. the next morning my skin went back to its original state, still flaky.

anyway.... so as mid-winter is approaching in australia, my skin are yelling me for help big time. my skin was rough, flaky bits EVERYWHERE, itchy and full of pimples, just cant get any worse than this. I thought i had to do something about it. then i remembered this mask. So dug it out and used it.

WOW..... felt so good, skin was soothed instantly. It has been 24 hrs since and my skin is still flake-free, soothed and hydrated. Just havent seen my skin that nice for few weeks. I think im gonna use this every second day if im not lazy, to give my skin a boost this winter. Otherwise, i dont even wanna look into a mirror. Have to say, i've tried ALOT of hydrating mask and nothing comes close to this.

I planned to slap this on next month while im on the plane to keep myself hydrated during the long flight.

Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Isn't this WONDERFUL?! I can't rave about this enough either, been using it for years!

Also if you ever get flaky patches in the morning that you couldn't get rid of, you can use this as a leave-in treatment as well and the flaky patch will be gone in no time!
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
(head nodding!)

i now plan to invest on few valmont nature range next. Although, i have just repurchased some pevonia products (maybe i will save that for summer when my skin aint so dry). hehe...

sormuimui, do u know any valmont moisturiser that come close to the moisturising mask?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Did you want AM or PM?
Their Unwinding with a Night Cream is pretty velvety and smells exactly like the mask but it's thicker and less hydrating than the mask itself. But I suggest you only need to invest in one cream because their Moisturizing with a Cream is very similar to the night cream and it's just redundant to get both. However personally I would just double the mask as a moisturizer because of it's lightweightness, I have normal-dry skin but a lot of their moisturizers are a bit heavy for my tastes, esp. during daytime. But the mask is the perfect texture and yet it gives me more hydration than any of their actual moisturizers. Oh, but dont bother getting their Moisturizing with a Serum, it sounds lovely and all but I went through 2 packs of it (they come in packs with 3 10mL tubes) and find that it's very similar just using regular HA serum and didn't give me all that much hydration, just an immediate effect. HTH
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have the list of ingredients for this?
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I concurr guys,i'm a fan too!
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Did you want AM or PM?
Their Unwinding with a Night Cream is pretty velvety and smells exactly like the mask but it's thicker and less hydrating than the mask itself. But I suggest you only need to invest in one cream because their Moisturizing with a Cream is very similar to the night cream and it's just redundant to get both. However personally I would just double the mask as a moisturizer because of it's lightweightness, I have normal-dry skin but a lot of their moisturizers are a bit heavy for my tastes, esp. during daytime. But the mask is the perfect texture and yet it gives me more hydration than any of their actual moisturizers. Oh, but dont bother getting their Moisturizing with a Serum, it sounds lovely and all but I went through 2 packs of it (they come in packs with 3 10mL tubes) and find that it's very similar just using regular HA serum and didn't give me all that much hydration, just an immediate effect. HTH

thank you for ur advise. i think im gonna go for the moisturizing with a cream, only because its ingredients sound almost the same as the mask. i would love to use the mask as a moisturiser too, but i think it'll be too heavy to leave on for me during the day. i just need something tiny bit lighter than the mask as a day cream during this winter.

have u use any of their sunscreen? im always on the look for sunscreen, my recent purchase was pevonia hydrating sunscreen, it's not bad, but now im lemming for the valmont mountain and sea sPF20 sunscreen. any experience with valmont sunscreen?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Do you have the list of ingredients for this?

sorry lisey, i duno the list of ingredients. do valmont list them normally? im not sure. but according to valmont website they are some plant extract with triple DNA to hydrate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, now I have another Valmont product to add to my list Laughing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
pickiis: I'd have to say that if you think the mask will be too heavy for daytime use then you won't like the moisturizing with a cream. Texture wise it's thicker and the feel is heavier than the mask. Basically if you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend ANY of their moisturizers, I used to use their line years ago and even now when I have much dryer skin it still feels heavy during the day for me. I think you should try to get a sample before you purchase the full size.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
pickiis: I'd have to say that if you think the mask will be too heavy for daytime use then you won't like the moisturizing with a cream. Texture wise it's thicker and the feel is heavier than the mask. Basically if you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend ANY of their moisturizers, I used to use their line years ago and even now when I have much dryer skin it still feels heavy during the day for me. I think you should try to get a sample before you purchase the full size.

mmm... how should i say this? i feel like the mask kinda leaves a shiny film on my skin, although it isnt pore clogging, but i dun like that idea if use as a moisturiser. i tend to like thicker texture moisturiser, but one that absorb better and protect my skin from dehydration longer, if that make sense. you reckon the moisturzing in a cream is close to that?

it sounds like we have similar skin type, mayb u can help me out and recommend wat seems to work for you.

thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I understand what you mean now! Well in a sense you are right about the mask and the film thing but then that's only when you use it as a mask. When you use it as a moisturizer you can use very little of it where you don't notice such a film. Basically the moisturizers do not hydrate as well but feel "heavier" on my skin, especially during the day. However I understand where you're coming from and if you do like the slightly heavier texture by all means go for the moisturizing with a cream. The harmonizing should be slightly lighter though so you can try that as well, I think this stuff is all about your own personal preference. Also due to the price I'd probably lean towards either the harmonizing or the energizing because they seem to have more benefits other than mere moisturization so I'd feel I'd get more bang for my buck while if they don't moisturize extra dry patches enough you can always dab on some of the mask over those areas. But I do not know what the Energizing is like, but the Harmonizing should be slightly lighter than the Moisturizing from what I know of the line. Unless you have very dry skin I'm not sure I'd like using the Moisturizing in the summer at all - or if you choose to get the Moisturizing just get the Unwinding Night Cream to use both AM and PM because they're so similar in texture and feel.
They all absorb pretty quickly and you only need very little, but like I said the mask provides the most hydration and protection from dehydration. I think the best idea is to get one that you can use most suited to your skintype.

HTH
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy also wrote a review on the cream a 2 yrs ago, here is a link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2436&highlight=valmont+nature
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Sounds really great, I'm eager to try the mask. Thanks!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm so with you guys on the mask. It's certainly one of the very best products I've ever tried. It's much better than the Renewing Pack in my opinion. I also love the Unwinding with a Night Cream. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am not impressed with the renewing pack, especially given the price, wondering if there is anything special about this moisturizing mask? I heard Helena Rubinsten's hydro urgency cream and mask are pretty good for moisturzing but at much lower prices.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
i remember trying a sample of renewal pack, and was not particularly impressed..maybe i was expecting too much from all the hype? but i'd love to try the nature hydrating mask..wonder how the two masks compare to one another?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
i remember trying a sample of renewal pack, and was not particularly impressed..maybe i was expecting too much from all the hype? but i'd love to try the nature hydrating mask..wonder how the two masks compare to one another?

I just tried last night, I think the texture is pretty same for these two masks...and you have to use a tissue to remove the mask. It didnt wow me for the first use, after sitting 9 hours in the airplane, maybe I was expecting more...
hzsun88
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Is this good for dry skin or oily skin?
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:55 am      Reply with quote
First of all, the renewing pack (as good as it was) didn't agree with my skin, so i was a bit nervous about trying this mask!! I received a free sample of this and decided to at least try it once. This stuff is amazing ( still like my cellcosmet anti stress mask best)! Really moisturizing and really good smell too. Highly recommended for people with drier skin. Oily skin people can use it too, just maybe once a week or so!! This is yet another excellend product from Valmont!
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
For me, may be I expect to much for this mask~ However valmont Nature Moisturising with a Mask give me same result as phytomer hydracontinue moisture mask! If I finished this bottle i will go back to phytomer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Reading this thread reminds me I have a sample of this mask sitting in my drawer!! Must try it.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
It is so wonderful, It make me don't know choose Valmont Renewing pack or nature moisturing with a mask.
kathyboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
hello I am a newbie here

My skin is dry and got allergy sometimes, wanted to try the renewing pack of Valmont but after seeing this topic..... I dont know what to choose, anyone can give me some comments? thanks so much
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
kathyboo wrote:
hello I am a newbie here

My skin is dry and got allergy sometimes, wanted to try the renewing pack of Valmont but after seeing this topic..... I dont know what to choose, anyone can give me some comments? thanks so much

I would suggest that you will be very happy with the Renewing Pack.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |