Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim, Baby Q, Nuface, DermaWand, Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kimmyb

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading these forums for some time and you ladies are amazing, thanks for all the great info. I am thinking of buying one of the gizmos and am confused to say the least.......I am 47 years old and want to improve fine lines and wrinkles and some sagging.....what would you recommend.....Lightstim, Baby Q, Nuface, DermaWand, Clarisonic face brush.

The DermaWand looks like it would cover a very small area, more of a spot treatment for acne?

So far I think the Lightstim looks the best but would love to have your opinions.

Is the Clarisonic face brush more of a microdermabrasion type thing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Clarisonic is more for cleansing. Really helps remove the flakies and leaves your skin very smooth. Can't speak for any others except the Baby Q and I still use mine every 7-10 days for plumping, skin tone etc.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kimmyb.

I just ordered the Light Stim after about two weeks of research [what job?] Laughing . It is on sale on their site for about 190 with no shipping costs. The light technology seems very sound, and they give a 90 day return!
While some of the larger ones might be easier to use, they can't be taken traveling very easily. Also, the prices are just insane. I think the Light Stim is a good size, so one could either do the whole face fairly quickly [while watching the tube, perhaps?] or work on spots.
Anyhow, I'll let you know what I think of it after I get to use it for awhile.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Good choice cstars. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do with mine Razz
c

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Clarisonic is more for cleansing. Really helps remove the flakies and leaves your skin very smooth. Can't speak for any others except the Baby Q and I still use mine every 7-10 days for plumping, skin tone etc.

i just bought the baby quasar, and am kind of freaking out about it, feeling that i should have done more research. how long have you been using it? can you point me to any research to verify its long term effects? thanks much. c.
cstars
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

Thanks, Iaimei. How long have you used the Light Stim? Can you give me some idea of what to expect from it?

cstars
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
cstars wrote:
iaimei wrote:

Thanks, Iaimei. How long have you used the Light Stim? Can you give me some idea of what to expect from it?

cstars

I have used for about 5 months now. I started with using once everyday but I now only use every second or third day. I don't have major skin issues other than some broken cap and redness on one side of my cheek and around the nose area. I think after a couple months of use I can definitely see some of the redness are toned down, but broken caps are still there. Along with start use of Vit C, my skin seems firmer with less visible pores. I would say don't expect dramtic results, all this device does is feeding extra energy into your skin and make whatever products you are using works better and faster. Its similar idea that you get a good workout but still need good nutrition together to get the results you want. I felt it's a good self maintenance tool for home use but if I want deal with serious issues I may have in the future I will go out and get professional help like IPL treatments. All I want to say is setting reasonable expectations and willing to give it time allowing trial and error would make a good experience for yourself.
Please let me know how you feel once you started using it. Good luck.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I got my Lightstim after Christmas and I just love it. I find my blemishes clear up faster and the line from the nose to mouth almost disappears. I stopped it for awhile to see if I was imagining things but the lines got deeper again. I'm back to using my Lightstim and can't see spending any more money (I know the Baby Q is supposed to be great) if I'm happy with what I have.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
C, as far as long term research that could reassure you, I really don't know any hard data, sorry. I know what works for ME and that I have been happy with mine for over a year now. You could google LED light therapy and that might find you more info on that. Even in the NYTimes article I did, the derms they interviewed alluded to the fact that there is no real data to back it up. I think the jury is still out on the LED's because it is still a very new field of study.
For me, just customer satisfaction, so I hope you enjoy your Q.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the Light Stim primarily because of the research showing LED therapy could help with tone/brown spots. Assuming it isn't a magic bullet on its own Sad , what would you all recommend as a product to use WITH the LED therapy?
Oh, by the way, no more hydroquinone for me: it made my skin miserable and I have been very put off by more recent research on its long term effects.
I would really like to find some safe, organic products - things that rely on licorice/bearberry extracts, that sort of ingredient. But, I have no idea how any product would work with the LED.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I am also looking for advice on what to get Baby Q or DPL Therapy from NCN (ncnproskincare). NCN product seems easy to use, and I am not concerned about travel, so the device size does not matter.

Does anyone knows if the units are comparable in strength? Does anyone have experience with DPL Therapy device from NCN? Thanks.
c

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Thanks Annie R. Yes, I read your article and started investigating. I was fine with it, but my husband kind of freaked out when he saw the bright red light! then I started thinking about long term ramifications. That is good news that you have been using it for over 1 year.

c -
cstars
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Annie R: What NYT article? When? How do we find it?
Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |