Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

do you really not put night cream on?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I mean those of you who use Dr. Hauschka. Do you really not use skin care products at night? What about the neck?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I use my skincare on my neck same as my face.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I've used Dr H for years and I've never used a night cream. I do however occasionally use my facial oil in the evening after cleansing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I hate the fact that night creams are so heavy... never found one that I liked.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I found this article very interesting from the new blog by SaffronRouge. Obviously they are only recommending organic products they carry but what she says is worth a look regarding this topic and for those new to organic lines and the Dr.H theory:

http://blog.saffronrouge.com/?p=18
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
i used serum at night and any cream for neck .
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Whatever you put on your face, should also be the same as the nect area. it is very important.... and of course, yes, night cream is very very important because our cells heal during the time that we sleep or relax....

bugfish wrote:
I mean those of you who use Dr. Hauschka. Do you really not use skin care products at night? What about the neck?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
my neck seems to have more wrinkle than my face so I put more serum like collaser + firming for my neck area

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
suzielap wrote:
I hate the fact that night creams are so heavy... never found one that I liked.

I guess it would depend on your skin type. Perhaps you have been using products intended for dry or normal-dry skin.

Some great repair products for PM, which are NOT heavy: Sothys Noctuelle Night Cream with AHA and Vitamin C, Babor Perfect Combination Night Cream, Babor Pure Night Cream Oily and Blemished Skin, and Decleor Aromessence Baume Essentiel - Essential Balm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Whatever you put on your face, should also be the same as the nect area. it is very important.... and of course, yes, night cream is very very important because our cells heal during the time that we sleep or relax....

I felt the same way - I wouldn't want to miss the nighttime to nourish the skin. Plus how else am I going to use up all my purchases Laughing
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Caspers Mum for the recommendations, I've been searching for a good night time product.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
i tried to do it...couldn't follow it...and stopped using Dr.H anyways...

my face just feels too dry.

although when i was using the little vials of stuff (can't remember what it is called - reconditioner or soemthing). i only used that at night with no moisturizer. i really needed to retrain my skin and it worked!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr H and don't use night creams. It took a bit to get used to but I'm fine now. There's a few times in the winter that I'll use the normalizing day oil at night to help fight the winter dryness.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
When i was at using dr hauschka i wasnt using any creams, but i could not last longer. So after a month i switch to something else. I am not sure if it did anything to my skin.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
i don't use anything at night Embarassed
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is really oily type.And I put most of my skincare at night ( serum, BHA, BP). That way during the day my foundation stay put longer and my skin is less shiny. I don't use Dr H.

Ho ! and thanks Sormuimui for the SaffronRouge link. It is really interesting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I do put them on as i read night is the best time for skin to rejuvenate so thats when your creams etc are most likely to work But this does not mean go overboard Laughing

I alternate between silkia camelia oil by itself OR
decleor aromascenece white and decloer aroma white night cream OR
silkia camelia oil and a moisturizer on days when i feel skin feeling tight sorta dry
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I gave the no nightcreme at night a try. My face felt dry at first but then balanced out.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I only use night serum very occasionally. But it certainly does make a difference. My skin looks so much brighter and fairer in the morning when I put on night serum the night before.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I now use Dr. H, but I had been doing the no night cream thing for a little while before that. At first, my face was dry and flaky, but now I am sure this is why my face is balanced and my pores are a lot less clogged. I honestly don't see myself using night cream anymore in the future.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had gone through a phase when I didn't apply anything at night. My skin was okay however now that I use the night balm (decleor), my skin is much better. Besides, as iaimei said, how else will I use my purchases?!! I love the smell of decleor products and so might be addicted to them Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add - I use the same product for my neck as I do for my face. Even masks I apply upto my collarbone. I also apply the same product to my elbows,hands and decolletage area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
I forgot to add - I use the same product for my neck as I do for my face. Even masks I apply upto my collarbone. I also apply the same product to my elbows,hands and decolletage area.

Really? Shock
You must use up every jar in short time,very expensive. Smile
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I use very little amount. My jar's (standard 50ml) last atleast 6-9months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
When i was using rhythmic night conditioner i wasnt using a night cream but i only did it for 28 days and then went back to regular routine. I really like putting creams and serum at night because in the morning i basically dont use anything. My face is basically bare in the morning.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |