Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) Skeyndor Clear Balance Spot-Less Patch (2 x 12 pieces) RevitaLash Volumizing Mascara Espresso (7.39 ml / 0.25 floz)
getting rid of unwanted dark spots: my odyssey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
hello - this is my first post. i found this forum via makemeheal (another really useful place with some very knowledgeable people contributing). i developed the dreaded melasma on the upper lip just as i approached 40 and it nearly drove me insane. after 5 years, lots of money spent, research and trial and error, i have found a routine that works. even though tri-luma really worked for me, i wanted to find another method because i've been scared off using hydroquinone exclusively. nothing else was very effective until i read about some products on makemeheal.

the products that have helped (and don't contain hydroquinone) are made in the philippines by stalder - and are sold on ebay at really good prices. the seller's name is filipinagoddess and she is extremely professional.

so here's the routine that's keeping me brown-spot and wrinkle-free at 45:-

a.m.

wash with black (licorice-based)soap available from filipinagoddess - leave on for a few mins whilst brushing teeth, etc.

teamine for eyes (it's the only thing i've ever used that helps the dark circles + puffyness)

total sunblock mixed with light moisturiser.

avoid the sun for the rest of the day!

p.m. (this is when i take action)

remove all traces of make-up

bleaching lotion from filipinagoddess on any areas of concern (ingredients include kojic acid, licorice, lactic acid, retinol, vit c) - she also does a bleaching cream that contains hydroquinone and i do still use this if see any trace of dark patches.

retin-a for other areas of face

teamine (again) for eyes. (i'm also a big fan of soaking rosewater onto cottonpads and leaving them on my eyes for 20 mins twice a week if i can, and those new olay eye derma-pods are quite good too)

for areas of my face i deem need extra nourishing/moisturising, i have found that sisleya's global anti-age cream has made a difference for me. expensive but a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time. olay's regenerist works well too.

i don't go in the sun, don't drink, don't smoke, eat well, have good genes and treat myself to a facial massage once a month so that all helps hugely - but i'm also a self-confessed beauty product junkie who has had to tackle the ordeal of melasma, and these are the things that have really worked for me. hope my finds might be of help to someone else!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml)