Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Jane Iredale Circle Delete Underye Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
This is a concealer & treatment in one and I really love it. Very moisturizing, has great ingredients, even a little sun protection in it. Ingredients are listed below. I use the peach (there are 2 shades in the pot, light & dark so you can custom blend), it doesn't look cakey or make wrinkles worse. I use my finger to pat it in, I find myself using the dark peach more than the light to cover my dark circles and I am actually pretty light skinned. Peach is great for brown colored dark circles. I'm down to my last little bit & need to re-order, so I thought I'd share, I've ordered this over & over, lost count of how many times! Probably too moisturizing for someone with oily skin.

Ingredients:
Jojoba Esters, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Zinc Oxide, Beeswax, Silica, Cyclomethicone, Carnauba Wax, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin C(Ascorbyl Palmitate), Vitamin K. May Contain Iron Oxides.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CforC. You say you use the peach shade. Would this be CircleDelete 1 as listed on EDS? I've been looking at this for awhile and was interested to read your rave.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Peach is #2, I just double checked my little pot too, and it says #2. I use Bobbi Brown's color suggestions for correcting dark circles (its listed on her website under the "corrector") and she recommends peach for my type of darkness, I just don't use her corrector/concealer, it concealed very well but looked cakey on me. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
i've been wanting to get this product for quite some time now, but i ended up getting YSL touche eclat (still not used it though Rolling Eyes ). i keep buying and not using!

Do you only use this for your eyes? Or can it conceal scars and acne?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'd bought this a few months back, but I didn't totally love it. The colour choice was good. I'd bought Circle Delete 2 with the peachy colour. I nearly found it too creamy, maybe a little oily under my eyes and didn't really stay in place on me (keep in mind though I have dark circles so I use alot of product!). Weird thing is I ended up trying the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer which is also very creamy, but for some reason it seems to stay better under my eyes and cover better (I use a light dusting of powder over top).
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
It really is an eye treatment,so I don't know about scars or acne, might be too moisturizing for that. I think JI has other types of concealers for that. So many concealers make the undereye area look worse instead of better, this one makes things better for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr, I must be much drier than you, I could never put any powder under my eyes, that would be a disaster! Smile Like I said, it's very moisturizing, definitely not for anyone not needing moisture. Glad the BB works for you, I'm so glad I found out peach was the right color to cover my dark circles, every other color just made my dark circles look gray!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney, thanks for the review!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for review, I have been slowly developing shadows under my eyes, SO says in the mornings I look like I have done ten rounds with a boxer in my sleep. A good undereye concealer is becoming a high priority with me now so I might look into this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was at EDS the other day and bought this concealer. The lady there told me this would be the right shade for me and she didn't test the color on me or anything like that. So I got home and applied this on. Unfortunately, the coverage is not that great as well as the texture in my opinion. I have dark purplish circles. The lady sold me Circle Delete #1. Although it does cover a bit of the circles but it doesn't completely cover them. The texture is creamy and a bit oily. It doesn't look natural at all. It looks very obvious that I have something there. It does settle into that one fine line I have under my eyes Sad I'm very upset. I paid $39 CAD for it and they said there's no refund and exchange on opened products. But how do I know that's the right shade or coverage if I don't try it on? Since I'm stick with the concealer, I might as well make good use of it. Can you ladies let me know what's the proper way to apply this or any other ways that might work? I use a concealer brush to apply and then blend with a wedge. I found that it looks cakey on me. I tried many concealers and nothing works Crying or Very sad I have been depressed so many times cuz of that.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
That's not right, she should have tested the color on you or there should have been a tester available. I use the #2, which is peach and really is the right color for my dark circles. Also, I am very dry undereyes so I really need the moisture in this.

Couple of things:
-Is it cakey because your undereyes are too dry, do you need a more moisturizing eyecream? Or is it the opposite, you need a lighter eyecream under it, experiment with different eyecreams under it and see if that helps.
-Try warming it up first, run your clean ring finger over the concealer several times. I use my ring finger to apply, pat, pat, pat it in.

My concern is, if it's not the right color, it's just not going to look right under your eyes, can you talk to the manager?

Also, if its too light, maybe you could use it as a highlighter for dark areas before you put foundation on, around nose to mouth lines, corners of eyes, etc.

Sorry that happened to you and thank you for sharing so we all have it fresh in our minds that when we can't try something to make sure we can return/exchange, which is actually rather standard, I am surprised you can't exchange it. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks CrazyForClooney =) I feel better that someone out there understands my situation. I won't say my eye ares are dry but more like dehydrated if I don't put any eye cream on. I feel that my eye areas look more dry with the concealer on. I usually put sunscreen around my eyes before applying this.

I didn't know different eye creams will have different effect on the concealer...maybe I should give that a try.

Thanks again CrazyForClooney Wink
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this concealer for undereye circles too. I have quite dark circles and find many concealers don't hide them that well. I bought #1 and find the darker half perfect. I rarely use the other half as it's really too pale. It has lasted me ages as I only need a tiny amount applied with concealer brush. To cover up acne/blemishes I use the disappear light.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I posted about "apricot" concealer the other day. I had read that you should use apricot because when you use yellow based concealer, yellow on top of purple or blue shadows makes greenish or something. Anyway, the color thing made sense but had not really seen "apricot" concealer.

I had ordered the circle/delete #2 and it came after I posted. I think the c/d#2 is sort of apricot colored. I have heard everyone say peach but, hey, they are sort of the same family right? Smile Anyway, I have been using it and it is better than the last undereye concealer I was using. It feels ok but I have to do a very light application and have to be careful or it gets in the lines. However, it feels good and does not cake or get dry on me.

I do not think it is my HG but it is good, the best so far. I may never find one to completely hide my under eyeshadows. A lot are attributed to genetics and my allergies. I take shots and meds regularly but will probably just have to live with it. The slightest bit of lack of sleep is very apparent on me!!

I would recommend this product because I do not think anything will totally conceal my shadows and this has done the best, so far.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
There are more heavy duty peach/apricot concealers out there, but because of my very dry undereyes I can't use them, they look too cakey. But may work for those not so dry, Bobbi Brown, MakeUp Forever, Cinema Secrets, Judith August Orange Masking Cream, Eve Pearl Magic Salmon Concealer to name a few.

Also, with the Jane Iredale, you might try just a tiny bit of silicone based primer undereye (or even Olay Regenerist Serum which has alot of silicone) before the concealer, it holds onto the concealer and you get more coverage, just like foundation over primer lasts longer. Just a suggestion that has worked for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Ah I have not thought about that. I use a primer that has silicone in it for my MMU but have not put it under my eyes... I will give that a shot. Thanks for the tip.

Deb
Mabsy

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Circle Delete 2 for quite some time now and still find it to be one of the best concealers for when I have dark circles. Granted, it's not maximum coverage so if the dark circles are really bad then going with something like Coverblend might be a better option. I apply the Circle Delete with a Laura Mercier Concealer Brush and the combination seems to work well. I like how creamy the concealer is and how easily it blends in (CrazyForClooney makes a good point - if it's cakey or settling then more moisturiser might be required). I find myself using the lighter shade and not really mixing the two but would still repurchase this when it runs out. On lazy days I use MAC Moisturecover instead, which is also a very good but lighter coverage concealer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the #2 is for light colored skin and "blue" circles? Or the #1? Thanks...
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Jakee. I've been meaning to review this, and your post reminded me. I have light-colored skin and bluish circles under the inner corners of my eyes, and the Jane Iredale #2 works awesome for me. I use mostly the dark peach color for under my eyes, and the lighter color for other areas. Funny, in the pot, the dark peach looks like it would be too dark, but it's perfect once applied.

I have dryish skin, and this concealer is just the right amount of creamy for me. It blends right in, looks natural, and feels good. JI Circle/Delete #2 is the best concealer I have tried so far.

P.S., I have heard many raves for #2, but I have never heard anyone rave about #1. Also, I have JI's other undereye concealer and do not like it; it settles into fine lines, is a little cakey, and does not look natural.

jakee wrote:
Does anyone know if the #2 is for light colored skin and "blue" circles? Or the #1? Thanks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have also tried the #1 JI Circle/Delete which is supposed to be "Yellow" and the color is really off for me, not really a good yellow or a good beige, just an odd color that I don't think would work for too many people. I think the #2 Peach Circle/Delete is clearly the "star" and winner of the JI concealers, IMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've only tried the #1 and I would not recommend it. The color seemed to be the best match for light olive complexion, but it didn't work out at all Sad

I also disliked the way the product looked on my skin, so I guess I wouldn't have used it even if the color was right...
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
THANKS for the quick, clear responses. Really appreciate it. I think I'll try the #2 for sure. And will report back!
suzannek
5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Would JI Circle/Delete #2 be a good choice for covering a dark blue vein by the corner of my eye? I'm currently using LM which is all right but doesn't seem to last.
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about getting this with my next order but I don't want to get the colours wrong. I use Jane Iredales concealer in light and her pressed powders in warm sienna so do you know what colour I should get?
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hannah-Louise, Peach colored concealers are supposed to help with dark circles in particular dark circles that are purple/brown looking. Do you have dark circles? If so, the JI #2 Peach is what I use.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |