Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Please Help Me Design A Daily Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
My current routine for the past week: the entire Dr. H's line (CC,Clarifying Toner, Quince Cream, Night Renewal, Rejuvenating/Clay Mask, Revitalize Eye.

My routine before last week: AHA Cleanser, Origin's Dr. Weil Serum, Lotion.

Since April, I've started wearing various sunscreens and they caused me to break out a -- few blemishes each week. I hardly get pimples before (perhaps average one a month the past many many years). I have a very normal, fairly clear skin, not oily (except a little around the nose) and not dry either. My skin is now fairly congested around my mouth (my upper lips/chin) area. People told me that these areas are hormonal, but I knew that I got these only since I started wearing sunscreens and I haven't changed my diet nor taking any medications (just a multi).

Sunscreens I tried: Neutrogena Age Shield for face w/ helioplex SPF 45, Lancome UV Expert SPF 20, Clarins UV 40 Plus, Peter Roth Thomas Instant Mineral Stick SPF 30.

Acne Treatments I used: Murad Spot Treatment, 100% Tea Tree Oil, Murad Acne Gel (dry my skin out like crazy, flaky and inflamed but a few days later the pimples do go away, but leave my skin red and dry -- almost like a peel or something).

In summary I need help with 2 problems: clearing up the congested skin around my mouth/chin area and finding a good sunscreen that doesn't cause me to break out. I am not very familiar w/ acnes and I think I have some w/ pus, some are just plain red bumps and some bumps w/ tiny black heads in them. I don't know how to do an extraction. I don't know much about treating different types of acnes. It's been a lot of trials and errors but mostly errors.

It's funny because my skin from above my nose is extremely clear, I kid you not. And even if I get a blemish elsewhere but my mouth/chin area, it will clear up on its own in 2 days, leaving no scar, whatsoever. It's almost like I have 2 different types of skins: chin/mouth and the rest of the face. I'm really really depressed. The skin around my mouth/chin is nasty/inflamed/dry -- partly from acne scars and post acne hyperpigmentations, and partly from using acne treatments (harsh products that my skin aren't used to -- especially sacylic acid, etc.) I don't know what to do to make the skin around chin area heal and become normal again. I even bought a few sessions of Microdermabrasion from a spa -- I cannot tell if micro has helped me or not as I've only had 1 session. By the way, is it a good idea to have a micro while your chin/lip is inflamed w/ blemishes or have post acne scars? Should I wait for the scar to heal/blemishes become better? Sighsss!

Please help me build a routine that will help my skin clear up and stay clear and a sunscreen that will not cause me to break out. Thank you, and I welcome all suggestions as I'm really desperate!
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to mention that I don't wear make-up, and I think people here suggest vit C so I will try to take vit C suppl. Right now I take a multi, jarrow's biosil and some EFA almost everyday.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chesterfield,
Sorry to hear about your plight. Can be frustrating if you don't know what's causing it or how to put it right.

The skin on our eyes, lips, chin is more sensitive than the rest of our face.So, what might not affect the rest of the face, could affect the mouth area.

At night, do you clean your face and moisturise before going to bed? If you don't, I would suggest you do that. Sunscreens could be quite heavy. Infact, I would suggest, once you come home from your day job, clean and moisturise your face in the evening and then again at night before going to bed.

To help with the breakouts, I would recommend using home remedy - mix natural yoghurt, pinch of turmeric, honey (test if it suits your skin - it's the best moisturiser if it does) and any fruit (like banana or strawberry or rasberry) and apply the paste on your face for 5-10mins before rinsing it off. If you are in a rush or don't have all the ingredients, just apply yoghurt.

My daily routine consists of cleansing, toning and moisturising my face. I use Decleor products. I use their oil in the morning and balm at night. I use their masks once or twice a week. In summer, I have started using the yoghurt mix - i eat yoghurt & banana/strawberry as breakfast - I put some on my face before taking my morning shower.

All the best!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I have my yogurt mask on right now. I woke up this morning with 2 more new red bumps near my lips/ 1 on my chin. So depressed!!!

Right now, I do use Dr H's line for cleaning/moisturizing and Peter Thomas Roth Instant SPF Mineral Stick for SS. I wonder if I should just go w/o SS for a while, as I've always done in the past years...??? But I don't know if my skin will be ruined now w/o SS due to all the breakouts???? I'm considering Zenbiotics' products, etc. but I'd like to hear from people. Please help me. Thanks.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Dear chesterfield,

A lot of times, sunscreen is not the culprit in causing breakouts, but it is the improper removal of sunscreen.

I know I used to get occassional pimples from the use of SS and never thought anything about it until i started using proper cleansers to rid my skin of sunscreen at night.

I find the thing that removes all traces of sunscreen (especially waterproof ones) are cleansing oils. I love the ones that emulsify with water so it rinses clean. the cleansing oil will break up the sunscreen (usually applied with dry hands on dry face, massaging) and rinse away. a second cleansing with your regular cleanser is recommended for acne prone skin.

i have tried cleansing creams also to remove SS but i don't find it as effective. i do have oily/combo skin though.

I have only used DHC's cleansing oil and GoW's, both of which i highly recommend. but i know there's plenty of other awesome brands out there.

If you do find it is the SS that is breaking you out and not the improper removal of it, i know manslayer liz uses the zenbiotic which sounds very nice btw so perhaps you can PM her, she is a sweet gal. I am more into the japanese SS like sunkiller and sofina which are extremely mattifying and i think a lot of acne prone users find success with them.

HTH, Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I didn't think about it but it makes sense that sunscreen is highly water resistant, so I have to wash my face extra well. I will surely do that. I've also decided to stop using Dr H's products except for the night renewal and clay mask since I read on here that it causes break-out, so I don't want to exacerbate my pimples. At night, I'm now using DDF Brightening Complex cleanser w/ Dr H's night renewal, and around my chin/mouth I'm using a light Murad moisturizer w/ .5% asycyclic acid w/. In the Morning, I will be using the same thing and top w/ JB tinted SPF 30. Hope this will clear up some of my blemishes. I hate the one bump that's so red/painful but no pus or anything) I need something soothing to put here, so I applied Murad's spot treatment. Please recommend something for this type of pimple, since it hurts and looks swollen/ugly.

BTW, per some friends' recommendations, I started using DDF/Murad/JB products last night after a 5/6 days of using Dr H's full line because it works for some of my friends. Also, I read up on Dr H's posts here and some people experienced breakouts, so I didn't want to take any chance...
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Again,
Rosewater is the best toner I have used. I keep it in the fridge, thereby, when I use it, it is always very cool and soothing.

Sandalwood cools down and helps with pimples. I don't know whether you will get it where you live. I used to make sandalwood paste and apply it on the spots overnight. They would calm down.

Now that you have started so many changes, let time work it's magic.

Best of luck,
Vidisha

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, chesterfield.

Do you do anything habitually that would cause breakouts in just that area, like resting your chin and cheek on your hand while you work, or cradling your phone between your shoulder and face, or letting toothpaste foam get on the outside around your mouth when brushing your teeth?

I found that glycolic cleansers (like MD Formulations) are awesome at preventing/healing breakouts. Also, stick with products for at least a month to give them time to work.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I tried not to touch my face at all. I'm not sure what caused the sudden-breakouts -- SIGHS!!!! My face is a mess and I'm so embarassed to leave the house. Really just around the mouth/chin area. I got a microdermabrasion today and got JB apple peel and shiseido SPF 55 (heard good reviews). I will continue to use DDF brightening complex (glycolic) and Murad exfoliation AHA/BHA cleanser 3 times a week w/ clarisonic. I forgot to mentions that I've started using clarisonic 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I got breakouts from using that. I stopped using it though for a while since I got more breakouts. But now, I think I will go back to it a few times a week.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |