Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



sun screen help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
lipglossbaby
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
hey guys!
well, i know the sun is bad for you and all that but i dont want to be a hermit and stay inside the house all day...
me and my friends go to the beach alot and pools,so what kind of sun screen do i need to use?and what level? i have olive skin so i'm not that pale, would you say 15 is good or a 10?or 8?..also what brand?
i know the sun is bad, and i dont want to damadge my skin, but i also want to have fun out doors too!pls help!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Posts: 1073
Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
i think spf 30 +++ is better!it was not enough for using less than 30 when you at beach!
lipglossbaby
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
do i really need to use 30 though?cuz i'm pretty olive skined...
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Posts: 1073
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
i have oily skin too, but i can used MD Formulations Total Protector 30.

check link below:

1)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23943&highlight=sun+screen+spf

2)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24398&highlight=sun+screen

3)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24039&highlight=sun+screen

4)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24393&highlight=sun+screen+spf

There have a lot of informative posted by members!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Posts: 1073
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
i have oily skin too, but i can used MD Formulations Total Protector 30.

check link below:

1)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23943&highlight=sun+screen+spf

2)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24398&highlight=sun+screen

3)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24039&highlight=sun+screen

4)http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24393&highlight=sun+screen+spf

There have a lot of informative posted by members!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 1075
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
do i really need to use 30 though?cuz i'm pretty olive skined...


An SPF 15 stops about 95%; and an SPF 30 stops about 97%. An SPF that's higher than 30 does not provide any more UV protection, it just offers more time that you can stay in the sun without burning. So you can decide what level of protection you need.
captain lola
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 42
Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
hey guys!
well, i know the sun is bad for you and all that but i dont want to be a hermit and stay inside the house all day...
me and my friends go to the beach alot and pools,so what kind of sun screen do i need to use?and what level? i have olive skin so i'm not that pale, would you say 15 is good or a 10?or 8?..also what brand?
i know the sun is bad, and i dont want to damadge my skin, but i also want to have fun out doors too!pls help!


lipglossbaby, i have cafe au lait skin colour and i burned on the beach this year. it was a combination of a few hours of exposure and salt-water wet skin, but i didn't expect it.
lipglossbaby
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
would the 30 or 20 or even 1 make me tan too?
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 253
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
since they don't block out 100% of the UV, you will always be at risk of getting a tan even with a sunscreen.

_________________
20s with combination skin.
lipglossbaby
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
cuz i want to get a littlebit of tan, but i really dont want to damage my skin....what would be good for me guys?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 1075
Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
cuz i want to get a littlebit of tan, but i really dont want to damage my skin....what would be good for me guys?


Use a self-tanner!. You can get the best of both world - getting the look without sun damage. But just keep in mind that self tanner does not replace sunscreen, they do not protect you from the sun, so you will still need to wear a ss over it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Shira Shir-Organic Pure Revitalizing Pomegranate Serum (30 ml / 1 oz) RevitaLash Hair Advanced Hair Volume Enhancer (46 ml / 1.57 floz) Clark's Botanicals Cellular Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)