Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

~~~NEED HELP~~~
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kcromeens

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning and God Bless...
I am new to this forum so bare with me while I figure things out.

Anywho, I am in need of some help on which facial cleansing products are best to use. I am 21 years old and still have some pretty brutal breakouts, I have tried numerous and inexpensive ways of trying to get rid of them (ie Clean and Clear, Nuetregena, Noxema, Almay, Basis, Purpose and so on and so on) Rolling Eyes

I thought I had combination skin but it is more oily than anything else. I can wash my face and not put any moisturizer and no make-up and it will be oily in about an hour and with make-up, by the end of the day you can probably see your reflection. Confused

I have read a few different forums on the Cosmedicine and was looking for Murod but I just need a little more guidance maybe for something I haven't heard of. Please if you have taken the time to read all of this and have some ideas let me know.

God Bless you all Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Welcome kcromeens
You will love love love this site. I have been a member for a while and I am addicted. My suggestion on your questions, is try to do a search first. Since you are new, some of your questions may have already been discussed over and over and over. You will find some good information by reading posts already there. Then, if you have specific questions, then ask away. Just my suggestion.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, This site is great so far, I am a little overwelmed in all that is on here. But I will ook as much up as I can. Thanks for the tip

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Welcome kc! This wonderful site can be overwhelming, and sometimes a search may yield too many results. You can narrow the search by looking up terms in the topic title only.

Good luck and peace,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Caspers Mum

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Based on what you have described, I will advise the following products for your consideration.

Cleanser: Kate Somerville Purifying Exfoliating Cleanser.

Toner: Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner

Moisturizers: Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream, Babor Pure Day Cream Oily and Blemished Skin, or Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Typically where would I find these products? Are these available at drug stores, online? I have not heard of this line before.
Thanks for your input.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
kcromeens wrote:
Typically where would I find these products? Are these available at drug stores, online? I have not heard of this line before.
Thanks for your input.

These are all featured on our website. You may order them on-line, or place an order via telephone.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kate-somerville-purifying-p_7332.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kate-somerville-goat-milk-p_7335.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kate-somerville-goat-milk-p_7335.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dermalogica-oil-control-l-p_1489.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
If you have oily skin, I think the first thing you should try is using oil as (or under) a moisturizer. I used to have oily skin and now I pat a couple drops of jojoba oil all over my face and even my nose isn't oily by the end of the day. I bought jojoba oil at the local health food store, for about $8/oz. There are many other threads on here where others have used other types of oil such as Decleor with great results.
For your breakouts I suggest you try a homemade aspirin mask.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
If you have oily skin, I think the first thing you should try is using oil as (or under) a moisturizer. I used to have oily skin and now I pat a couple drops of jojoba oil all over my face and even my nose isn't oily by the end of the day. I bought jojoba oil at the local health food store, for about $8/oz. There are many other threads on here where others have used other types of oil such as Decleor with great results.

How long it took you to see the results. I started 2 days ago to use Decleor ylang ylang oil for daytime and balm for night time. My nose area is still oily as usual. Wonder if it's gonna work for me at all Confused
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Diana P wrote:

How long it took you to see the results. I started 2 days ago to use Decleor ylang ylang oil for daytime and balm for night time. My nose area is still oily as usual. Wonder if it's gonna work for me at all Confused

Not too long. I had been using a moisturizer that was to help with oily skin, and it did help alot but my skin would still have a bit of a sheen by the end of the day. But then I started to use pearl paste (which I love) and my moisturizer wouldn't stick to it, so at Mary's suggestion, I tried the jojoba oil instead. In maybe a couple weeks my skin lost all it's oiliness, and all the conjestion and small bumps I had on my forehead and cheeks cleared up. It could be a mixture of the jojoba and the pearl paste. Now I need to figure out how to add a sunscreen into the mix. Never used one before but I hear alot of people break out with sunscreens, so I'm afraid to add one and ruin a good thing.
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with using oil to cleanse with. It sounded odd to me at first to use oil on oily skin...but it works. I mix my own now but DHC, http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ has a very nice deep cleansing oil as well as a whipped version. I love only having one step to remove makeup and thoroughly cleanse and it has just the switch to using oil to cleanse with has done wonders for my oily skin. Smile
kcromeens

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
so using oil will HELP my oily skin? How bizarre. I will try anything though. So the best to use would be this jojoba oil? Where do i find this and what is pearl paste?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
You may want to try Proactiv if you've never given it a go. I used it for years; it was the only thing that controlled my acne for a long time.

I use a combo of different products now to control acne: PSF Papaya cleansing gel, a toner with witch hazel (right now I'm using Alba Hibisicus toner), and Ice Elements acne serum. The PSF and Ice Elements you can buy here on EDS. They're not that pricey.

Something really cheap that helps with oiliness and drying up pimples-- Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. You can get this almost anywhere and it is dirt cheap.

I also think the oil cleansing is a good idea. I use the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, and love it. I use it to remove makeup before cleansing with PSF. This is sort of expensive but it comes in a big bottle that lasts for several months.

HTH! Good luck.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
kcromeens wrote:
so using oil will HELP my oily skin? How bizarre. I will try anything though. So the best to use would be this jojoba oil? Where do i find this and what is pearl paste?

I use jojoba oil as a moisturizer, not for OCM (as some do). Using oil on your face will help to regulate the overproduction of oil. When your skin finds that there is already oil on the skin, it slows down oil production, thus less oily skin. Jojoba oil absorbs completely into your skin, so don't worry about your skin feeling oily after.

OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) is a cleansing process in which you mix castor oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil, and rub it on your face. The oil dissolves oil and make-up and if you rub long enough, some mention that "plugs" start to come out of their skin. Alot of people swear by it for cleaning out their pores. This thread explains it http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9717 and here is a good thread on OCM http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077 . I have never tried OCM because my skin is looking good right now, and I've read that with OCM you may go through a purging process and there may be alot of trial and error to finding the right percentages of the oils and finding the right oils for your skin.

Others have tried Burt's Bees Orange Facial Cleanser which I think it similar to OCM, but at least it's all made up so no mixing. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=12803

I buy my pearl paste from Silken Pearl website http://www.silkenpearl.com . Mary is great to deal with and if you tell her about your problems she will recommend what you could try. In fact, it was her that suggested I try jojoba oil under my paste and I love it. I use basic paste in the mornings and refining paste at night. Here is a couple threads on raves of the product. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22569 http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22161

I use carekate's aspirin mask with good results http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24277 but here is a thread of other aspirin masks http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=12902 .

HTH and happy reading Smile
kcromeens

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I do thank you all for your help with this. I will be going this weekend to find some of the oils for the OCM. I read a few threads on it and seems as if everyone has great experiences. I will try it out this weekend and give you all an update on Monday or Tuesday. And if anyone has anymore suggestions or maybe some recipes/links for recipes for these things that would GREAT!!! Very Happy All of your help is greatly appreciated.

God Bless!!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |