Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What does it mean when skin itch after wearing sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wearing PTR instant mineral stick (zinc oxide, titanium oxide, silica, vitamin A,C,E) It's has a very natural look, matte, but a couple hours later, my skin feels kind of dry and itchy. What does this mean???? Am I allergic to it? Does anyone experience this wearing PTR mineral SPF or any other SS? Is this supposed to be the way SS feel?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I never used this product. But feeling dry and itchy does sound like you are getting an allergic reaction. Not sure if it is from this product. Try to isolate with what else you are using and stop a couple days then reintroduce it, then you will be able to tell for sure.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used this product either. "Itchy" usually means you are allergic to something. Does your skin feel better when you wash the product off? Perhaps, you may want to try another sunscreen.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
does your skin get red or do you see any type of rashes??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
there can be 2 possibility:-

1. it could be due to the fact that your skin are allergy to the product.

2. the product when comes into contact or use together with products of certain content, tends develop some other reaction that leads to the itch.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps it my imagination, but when I look in the mirror, my face looks normal, no redness, no rash, no nothing. Initially, when I apply it, it doesn't feel anything, then maybe after an hour or so I can feel my skin getting "tight" or "dry?" you know that feeling, then a little itchy, but if I try really hard not to think about it, the feeling goes away. It does feel better after I wash it off. I think perhaps my skin is already "dry" underneath, and the SS makes it even drier after time goes on??? Does this make sense? I'll continue to wear it and perhaps review the product as well. Thanks again for all your input.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
chesterfield wrote:
Perhaps it my imagination, but when I look in the mirror, my face looks normal, no redness, no rash, no nothing. Initially, when I apply it, it doesn't feel anything, then maybe after an hour or so I can feel my skin getting "tight" or "dry?" you know that feeling, then a little itchy, but if I try really hard not to think about it, the feeling goes away. It does feel better after I wash it off. I think perhaps my skin is already "dry" underneath, and the SS makes it even drier after time goes on??? Does this make sense? I'll continue to wear it and perhaps review the product as well. Thanks again for all your input.

Actually, I experienced something similar when I used Lumiere mineral makeup. I just felt like my face itched but when I washed it off it felt better. I thought it was a coincidence but it happened several times. My face also looked normal and no redness, but my skin didn't feel very 'comfortable'. The itching went as soon as I wiped the product off my face and of course, I had to eventually stop using it. I think it's also possible the ingredients can make your skin feel more dry, especially with lots of zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide (depending on if it's water, or oil dispersible).
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
stop using it immediately and wash it off.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
i'm not sure what i'm allergic to, but i think i maybe one of those 2 popular ss ingredients: TiO2 or ZnO. I don't think I'm allergic to ZnO, since I have used ingredients w/ ZnO and it's ok.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think I know why my skin feels itchy and "tight" after about an hour of wearing this or when I sweat. The ingredients listed are:
-Titanium Dioxide: Sunscreen.
-Zinc Oxide: Sunscreen.
-Mica: Creates the illusion of smooth skin.
-Willow Bark Extract: Enhances cell turnover.
-Corn Starch: Helps absorb oil.
-Silica: Helps absorb oil.

I think the corn starch and silica is overly absorb the oil from my skin (which tends to be on a dryish side on the cheek) so although I don't see anything while I feel it itchy and tight, I think it's "robbing" me of my oil.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with previous members that if your skin itches after you apply the product it means you are having an allergic reaction to some ingredients of this product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I think it is the minerals drying out the skin, not so much an allergic reaction.

I get the same "tight" feeling when I use my physical sunscreen (titanium and zinc)...which makes it feel somewhat uncomfortable, not so much itchy...and when I wash it off, all better with no rash.

but i use it sometimes still because it is so much more matte than my LRP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have a problem with chemical sunscreens on my face. The two recent one's I've tried have both made my face feel "prickly, maybe somewhat itchy. I didn't get a rash and it's not too much to bear, but I've given up trying them and am sticking to a physical screen. Mine was definitely a reaction to something in those chemical screens.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, PTR instant mineral is a chemical SS? I thought mineral SS is a physical SS. I'm just so exhausted searching for a face SS (at least SPF 30 or higher as I do play sports) that will not make me breakout. MANY SIGHS!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |