Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what do you use when you get stress related acnes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
my face is an absolute mess, thanks to working 60 hrs a week for the last two months on top of 7 exams this week.

I originally have slightly sensitive face (the type that gets a zit here and there hormonally, in addition to getting those random red bumps when I'm sensitive to something), now I have a really random breakout due to stress and less sleep than normal. Like spots in places I never used to get zits before.

My stress should lessen a fair bit by end of this week but I want to fix my face quickly, normal moisturisers dont seem to help much.

Is there any effective acne treatments or anything people would recommend?

I dont react well to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid so that rules out a number of treatments.

Thanks girls! Smile
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I dont react well to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid so that rules out a number of treatments.

which salicylic acid product have you tried?
I swear by bhas - just wondering if maybe something in the formulation you used caused the reaction?

If you're willing to try these, you could get sample sizes:
diana yvonne has a 2% bha (1.9 ph) that I use occasionally - when I need a bigger "bang"
but for that occasionally zit that pops up, I usually reach for my exfol serum ph 3.4 - aloe base (skin biology).

I find exfol the most effective, gentle bha i've ever encountered. I would suggest at least a sample of this product for any skin type.

I realize I'm going on and on here when you've mentioned that SA is not an option for you ....
but a properly formulated bha is a MUST have in the skin care arsenal (imho) - excepting, of course, if you have a bad reaction to all bha - not just the product you have tried.

hth
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Sulphur mask as a spot-treatment overnight can help. Zia, Peter H. Roth & others have one.

Use some pearl powder mixed with a bit of water as a spot treatment overnight. Really helps reduce redness. (do a search here on "pearl powder" for suppliers and opinions)

Do a search for the "DIY Zeno" thread. Alternating heat & cold will bring circulation to the area and aid with healing. But don't over-steam your face in an attempt to dry your skin out -- this will just make it create more oil. You just want to spot-treat those areas. Often oily skin is actually dehydrated.

I definitely wouldn't do any harsh exfoliation, scrubbing, etc. If you could go have a facial, they might have some techniques that may help with calming things down, but it depends how your skin reacts to being handled right now.

Oh, and drink lots of water and eat alkaline foods like steamed veggies. Avoid sugar, alcohol, fried/junk foods, highly spiced or highly processed foods, lots of meat, until this has calmed down.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the suggestions, i've been using sulfur based products (Darphin desincrustant lotion and the Queen Helene mint julep masques), both of which work very mildly but super slowly for me.

maybe I should look into PTR for different formulations.

I'm not sure why my skin hates BHAs, i get rouge patches when I use even mild BHA formulations in addition to those little red allergic bumps which are just itchy and peels a little bit (tried ultraceuticals and paula's choice and various peel products).

Umm..more reason to do shopping! Laughing
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, my skin is very sensitive too and I get stress related acne Sad . I tried many products, salicylic acid also, without good result. Now, I usually use Jojoba and Camelia oil (20:80). It makes my skin calm and usually helps with blemishes. Try also cream or if you can find calendula oil, it is also very good for reactive and stressed skin. You just have to try and see if it works for you, but remember that some products are working for some people and not for others.
HTH
Lara

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
lara1's post on oils reminded me....

i've never tried the products, but ifeelpretty makes a healing serum for spot treating - you can check it out here:
http://ifeelprettyproducts.com/facial.htm

hth
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I will think Just let it go!!!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey sparkle, lot of great suggestions here but I've learned that when I'm under the gun to boost up on supplements to reduce the stress. It really seems to help keep my skin clear as well. During stressful times and my monthlys, I'll increase my daily intake of omega 3/6/9, vitamin B with rosehips, antioxidants and mushroom supplements for increased immunity.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
nothing i do seems to get rid of the hormone acne that sometimes come. i am interested in the Zeno or the DIY Zeno even though i've never tried it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I use a few drops of tea tree oil into my moisturizer and rub it over my face. The tea tree oil helps calm the skin down and is anti-bacterial. The essential oil aromatherapy also helps regulate mood and stress.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
fresh lemon juice or lime juice and lots of water helps..... try to avoid junk or fatty foods, esp. french fries....

sparkle wrote:
my face is an absolute mess, thanks to working 60 hrs a week for the last two months on top of 7 exams this week.

I originally have slightly sensitive face (the type that gets a zit here and there hormonally, in addition to getting those random red bumps when I'm sensitive to something), now I have a really random breakout due to stress and less sleep than normal. Like spots in places I never used to get zits before.

My stress should lessen a fair bit by end of this week but I want to fix my face quickly, normal moisturisers dont seem to help much.

Thanks girls! Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
fresh lemon juice or lime juice and lots of water helps..... try to avoid junk or fatty foods, esp. french fries....

sparkle wrote:

Thanks girls! Smile
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:

Too bad when I get stressed I seem to gravitate towards the junk food. Sad
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
This is the way I deal with stress related acens. Mine is mainly on forehead and around the lips/chin, many many tiny spots.
- before I used "pearl powder" mixed wit Aloe Vera on spot treatment, it was very good, but since I've used up "pearl powder" given by my friend and did not know where to have good quality one, I'm now using Volcanic acid from Aider Grey.
- At the same time, I will definitely stay away from deep fried/fried food, duck/goose, seafood - especially prawn & crab, drink lots of water and take American Ginseng for 3-4 days, 1 time per day.
- finally, it is very important not to touch the face with dirty hands!! Don't know why, when I am concentrating on work or study, subconsciously, hands keep wandering on those spots and that is really bad.
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hoops! Forgot 1 thing, no chocolate too!
DySsign
5% products discount

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard of Lerosett? Some people use it as a mask or washcream but I have used it at night for acne spot treatment. Company is Gunilla of Sweden and it is a natural clay.

Good Luck
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Obviously, we're all different, but for me, the two times I developed stress related acne, it took Accutane to break the cycle. It was stress related CYSTIC acne- which may be more than what you are experiencing- I sure hope so.
havana8

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
i sleep! Laughing
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I heard taking oral Zinc helps..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Supplements always helped me, particularly omega 3, 6, and 9
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |