Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Clarisonic RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I never threw in my 2 cents before, but I am going to be very brave and risk the wrath of all you diehard Clarisonic fans...I was totally NOT impressed with the little "magic wand" most of you can't live without.
Like so many of you, I followed the thread and became completely convinced this was the next best thing since pantyhose! I took the leap, ordered it from EDS (got the discount, thank goodness!),and waited anxiously.
When the box arrived, I was so excited to open it up and get started right away, that I could barely contain myself while I waited the obligatory 24 hours to charge it up!!!
Well I tried it the first couple of days...nothing. A week or two...nothing. After about 6 weeks I thought this is a waste of my money, energy and time. In all fairness, I do have great skin, but I thought this should at least improve SOMETHING. I have no doubt that it is a good aid in one's cleansing routine but for me the price was too steep for what I got.
I must say though that I don't doubt it has been helpful for some of you, and for that I am glad.
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am also a fan of this brush. I find that it helps prepare your skin for the other products that you use. I found that Vivier Vit. C penetrated a lot faster, my moisturizer glided on better and also my sunblock.
I use KS Detox cleanser for one week per month to deal with my hormonal breakouts.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
This product is out of stock during Xmas holiday.~~
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to mine....
tess4

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use my spin spa on my face and can't imagine it feeling more clean and soft...can anyone compare the two?
kater
5% products discount

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I am still on the fence but think I will buy my very own SOON!. My 16 year old daughter has a problem with acne. Can any comment on whether Clarisonic has helped with acne?

Thanks!

Kater
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am soooo close to jumping on this one too. I love my sonicare toothbrush, so if this brush has the same "sonic effect" on my face then I will be happy. Smile

plus I really want to try this out on my husband's blackheady forehead & nose....lol...he has no idea what he may be in for!
jac55
5% products discount

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I am also starting to believe that I can't live without this! Does anyone have any experience with this brush and Rosacea? My Rosacea is under control and I am afraid to aggravate it but I desperately need pore cleaning.

Oh, and if I've said/done something goofy - this is my first post ever.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
jac55 wrote:
OK, I am also starting to believe that I can't live without this! Does anyone have any experience with this brush and Rosacea? My Rosacea is under control and I am afraid to aggravate it but I desperately need pore cleaning.

Oh, and if I've said/done something goofy - this is my first post ever.

Hi jac55-

I have rosacea (mild) and i love my Clarisonic. I've found that the one thing that aggravates my skin is getting too zealous with the exfoliation, but for me, the Clarisonic is wonderful. (I've also been doing MD Alpa Beta Peels, but I don't use the Clarisonic on the same day that I've done a peel).

When I use my Clarisonic, I use a very mild cleanser (Alba Coconut Milk) along with it, and I haven't had any problems.

I've had my Clarisonic for almost a year now.

Cathy

5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cathy - Thanks for the info regarding Rosacea. I will start saving for a Clarisonic. I can't wait to give it a try!
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I recently stumbled across Clarisonic on the Internet and started researching more. That's when I found EDS and this forum. I was so impressed by this community I signed up today. This is my first post. Smile

I just turned 40 and deal with very oily skin and breakouts. My new year's resolution is to get my skin in shape before it's too late. I just purchased the Clarisonic MD and can't wait to use it!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
azdesertgal - Welcome Aboard - Your wallet is in for a workout too!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Have we clarified it this can be used overseas?
I am in Australia and the web site says don't use it unless it is 120Vac/60 Hz
Thanks

5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Thanks stovetop. I have a feeling you are correct about the wallet workout...all for a good cause. Ha
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
katebargold,

I know others have bought the Clarisonic (N. American voltage) and used the Clarisonic charger with the appropriate converter/s.

Someone else posted recently that Clarisonic plans on coming out with a version/s meant for overseas so you might want to contact them to get the specifics (timeline, voltages, etc.): www.clarisonic.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
azdesertgal - Welcome Aboard - Your wallet is in for a workout too!

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Ain't that the truth!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
katebargold,

I know others have bought the Clarisonic (N. American voltage) and used the Clarisonic charger with the appropriate converter/s.

Someone else posted recently that Clarisonic plans on coming out with a version/s meant for overseas so you might want to contact them to get the specifics (timeline, voltages, etc.): www.clarisonic.com

Thanks lunarmm I will contact them Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
i have just got mine from EDS.

It's really very good, and very soft. my daughter also like it very much.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine a few weeks ago and after about 3 weeks of use, my skin is already much softer and smoother. I feel it's worth it b/c I think the products I use/will use will have more effect and that makes it worth it. Now, I'm looking for a cleanser to use with it. I'm not that crazy about the cleanser that came with it.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
SandyTX,

Welcome to the Clarisonic gang! Very Happy

Check out my thread on people's preferred cleansers to use with the Clarisonic:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343103#343103

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I cant wait to try this out,I plan to order this as soon as I qualify for 20% discount
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I am so close to the 20% discount now,soon I can go crazy and order a bunch of stuff on EDS like the clarisonic and jan marini stuff!!!I have been posting away like crazy this last 2 days!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc,

Congrats on your 1000th post! Shop away! Laughing
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
My Clarisonic just arrived Friday. Yeah! Even though I've only used it for two days - WOW, what a difference already. Smile

I also ordered the Alphaderma CE, prep, and OkuSil. I used the products the first day without cleansing with my Clarisonic just to see if I noticed any difference with/without the Clarisonic. The next day I applied the products after using the Clarisonic. I can actually feel my skin absorb the products. I didn't before. I have very congested & oily skin prone to breakouts and dry flakies. My blackheads are disappearing and the oiliness is slowly getting under control. (I just turned 40 so I'm also combatting fine wrinkles and loss of tone.) This after only 2 days! Yeah! Very Happy

I'm sure it's a combination of the Clarisonic and the products, and I'm definitely happy I invested in the Clarisonic.
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Uugh... now I HAVE to get one!! Laughing

Is it back in stock yet?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |