Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Is there a way to prevent tummy skin sagging from pregnancy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Illusions

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had two babies (some time ago Wink ) and I always used cocoa butter. I don't know if they even make it anymore, it used to come in a stick. I used it for both, and I never even had one stretch mark! My gyn commented on it at my last visit. I tried to walk alot too.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not going to candy coat it for you. Your body will change. You are growing people down there. (BTW, Your body holds a grudge. I think morning sickness is your uterus getting back at you for what are putting it through.) It is not easy on the body no matter what the age, but I think a lot of it comes down to genetics. If your mother got stretch marks, then you will probably get them too.

Some women get horrible stretch marks no matter what they slather on. My mother did not have any marks with me, but she did with my sister (She had my sister when she was 40). I think the severity of the marks comes down to genetics, overall fitness, and age. My mother had other issues with my sister and was much less active and had less muscle on her stomach. She got a couple marks, but they were not severe and faded to silver by the first birthday.

I was told by my doc there wasn't anything you put on that will prevent them, but I used cocoa butter anyway. I figured it couldn't hurt, right? I'd rather try anything, then do nothing. I also used a body oil after showers.

I did not get any stretch marks during pregnacy, but (like my mom) I got a couple during birth. Mine are hidden by underwear, but I still wish I didn't have them. The good thing is i don't notice them as much anymore. Surprised

FYI: I had my kid at 29. I am active, but I didn't bounce back as fast as I thought I would. My body changed - forever. It took me the same length of my pregnacy to get back.

My stomach has never gone 100% back. My husband doesn't see it and best friend thinks I'm silly. But I see the difference and you will too even if you are told it isn't noticable. It is your body and you will know what changes. I still have extra skin on my stomach. It isn't fat. I can only liken it to like when you lose a lot of weight and have extra skin? Plus, I do know that now my hips are wider, I have extra skin on my stomach, and my boobs deflated after nursing. The warranty on my body expired! Laughing

I don't want to worry you, just reassure you that in the end...it's worth it.

I still miss my old body at times, but then I look at the results and I am content. If my body didn't go thru all that crap, then I wouldn't have a beautiful little girl now.

I'm not saying it will be easy. There were many times I'd look at my body after birth and think, "OMG where did I go?", but I only had to look in that tiny little face and it made it worth it. I can't explain why, but I'm more content in my skin now than I was at 21.

Good luck to you getting pregnant! I would def. breastfeed afterwards as it helps your body return faster and ask your doctor about induction.

Note: If this is your first child, then they usually come late. Most docs won't let you go past 42 weeks (two weeks past due date). My girlfriend ended up with HORRIBLE marks after her first child. I think it important to note she DID get a lot of marks during pregnancy (she did use CButter), but when she missed her due date the marks became angry looking and very wide. Babies really grow crazy fast at the end and those two weeks make a big difference on baby size. I found out her mother and sister had bad stretch marks too. Poor Jessica never had a chance.

Induction is nice if you have a good doctor and you are ok with it. It never hurts to ask about all options. Oh, I had my child at 39 weeks. She was full term and I think her being smaller helped minimize the overall strain on my body.

Sorry this is so long, but I'm 34 and I can relate. I'm debating about another one myself.

Good luck to you and God bless!! And when you see a 22 year old mother jogging in a sports bra with great abs pushing a 2 month old...feel free to kick her in the shin for me before you coo over the cute baby!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |