Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz)
avene sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
croeber
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone knows the ppd rating for 2 types of avene sunscreen. I have been using the spray, spf 50+ and I thought that the ppd rating for this one was around 20...but I can not remember where I read this! So I'm ready to re-order and there just aren't many options for purchasing avene sunscreen....shipping is quite expensive. I saw that there was a spray spf 40 that was about half the price. Does anyone know the ppd rating for this one? I want the best protection but price is also a concern.

Also, if I want to wear makeup primer and foundation along with sunscreen - what is the order of application? Moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, foundation?

thanks! Cari
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
The ppd for the SPF50 one should be 20. It's actually SPF60, but under the Euro regulations, they can't label higher than 50. The Avene sunscreens should be following the new Euro regulations whereby the ppd rating should be at least one third of the labelled SPF, so the ppd of the SPF40 one should be at least 13. I thought that Avene has a SPF50 lotion (lait) that is a bigger tube than the cream or emulsion?
razieh

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi.I buy an extreme sunscreen cream SPF 50 but I don't Know it's a real avene or unreal?!How do I understand which this cream isn't false?!Do Avene products have an especial sign?
Thanks for your paying attention.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what the difference is between the orange tubes sunscreens and the white ones???

I read that the ones in white containers are mineral ss, but I've been searching everywhere for the ingredients but cant find it, not even on their website!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use avene sunscreen Confused it make my skin itchy.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I was wondering what the difference is between the orange tubes sunscreens and the white ones???

I read that the ones in white containers are mineral ss, but I've been searching everywhere for the ingredients but cant find it, not even on their website!

The products in the orange packaging contain chemical and physical sunscreens. The products in the white packaging contain physical sunscreens only.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria...do you use Avene's sunscreen?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome yeahyeah. Yes I use the Avene spf 50 for face (small white tube) and spf 50 for body ( large white tube)
I discovered Avene when I had to find a chemical free sunscreen for my son who has extremely sensitive skin. I find the products very hydrating and give the whole family the sun protection we need.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Maria- Do you find that it clogs your pores? I've been reading MUA reviews and some have said it leaves a white cast and is mega oily so caused breakouts.
Have you also tried bioderma's sunscreen?

Im wanting to buy both Avene and Bioderma, as this website sells it very cheap Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah, I don't find it clogs my pores. I have dry skin. My son and daughter have never had problems with the face spf either. My husband uses it occasionally and he has never complained of clogged pores. It is a heavy cream and it does leave a white cast. After applying the cream, I gently pat the product into the skin and that seems to help tone down the white cast. I apply a little makeup over it and it's fine on me. As for my son and daughter, the white cast seems to fade after about 10-15 minutes. We have very fair skin tones so the white cast really isn't a problem for us. I have read good and bad reviews about these products but for us they work. I haven't tried Bioderma's sunscreen. Good luck with your search. Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria for the detailed explanation.

I think I'll go for lait, lotion or emulsions as I have combo acneic skin and seeing as you have dry skin and think the cream is quite heavy.

Thanks again! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome yeahyeah. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)