Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DDF Sunblock
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lazigal

Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, which sunblock shld I buy from DDF, I have clogged pores easily and my derma advised me not to use sunblock for now. And also read in Paula Begoun's book that ingredients like titanum dioxide and zince oxide will clog up pores. true???

TIA!
Caspers Mum

Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:18 am      Reply with quote
A lot of people read Paula's books, and consider her to be a skincare guru. However, I have never heard of either sunblock ingredient being pore-clogging. In my opinion, anything has the potential to be pore-clogging or blemish-causing if you're not cleansing properly and using skincare conducive to your skin.

One of my favorite sunblocks is Skinceuticals SPF 30. True, this does contain micronized zinc-oxide, but this is a great product for sensitive skin, and does not have the "sunblock"/sticky texture that many associate with their protection. Also, you if congestion is a concern, perhaps you may want to wear something oil-free, such as DDF's Matte SPF. It's better to have something on than nothing!Cool

Be smart with your skincare: cleanse, tone, & exfoliate regularly. You ought not experience congestion if you're removing the day's skincare, make-up, sweat & grime. Use a deep-cleansing mask once a week if excess summer oil/blemishes are a concern.

Be sun-savvy, and have a safe summer!Cool
TranquilitySearcher
5% products discount

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I use DDF's Organic Sunblock SPF30 and even this one leaves a matte like finish. Its not too white either.

I think Paula Begoun's advice often needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt although her articles are interesting to read.
Caspers Mum

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Having thumbed through a couple of her books, I'll have to agree with you about Paula's advice. For if people took her make-up application advice seriously, we ladies would all be sporting brick-colored, racing-stripe blush! (Bad Casper's Mum! Bad, bad, bad!!!!!)Surprised
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I use a strong physical sunblock (SPF 58 ) with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the active ingredients. I've been told to exfoliate on a regular basis to prevent clogged pores. Hope this helps.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
lazigal wrote:
Hi there, which sunblock shld I buy from DDF, I have clogged pores easily and my derma advised me not to use sunblock for now. And also read in Paula Begoun's book that ingredients like titanum dioxide and zince oxide will clog up pores. true???

TIA!

Titanium dioxide and zinc clog pores? Those are the main ingredients in mineral makeup and since wearing mineral makeup, my skin has improved.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:
I use a strong physical sunblock (SPF 58 ) with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the active ingredients. I've been told to exfoliate on a regular basis to prevent clogged pores. Hope this helps.

Just curious which brand/product name this is.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
sweet28 wrote:

Just curious which brand/product name this is.

It's called "Fallene Cotz" - Dermatologist Recommended for Sensitive Skin, water resistant sun protection UVA-UVB SPF 58. I ordered this online. The website iswww.totalblock.com
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, sweet28. COTZ was the only one I was previously aware of; just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on other possibilities to add to my list. Very Happy
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
lazigal wrote:

TIA!

I can't imagine not wearing sunscreen if you are outside. I don't think it is actually the actives in sunscreen that are clogging but more so the base.

If you think about just powdered zinc and titanum dioxide being the main ingredient(s) in a lot of MMU and it does not clog most people.

Good luck on the sunscreen. Why have you decided on DDF?
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I use DDF organic sunblock spf30, its the best sunblock i had, I have congested skin, easy to get pimples and get oily very easy, but with this sunblock I had no bad reaction with it!!! Smile
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
i'm eying on DDF's Organic Sunblock SPF30 as well.
I used Dr.Ci:Labo's SPF36 sunsreen today.

I'm just wondering is it okay to go from higher protection (ie SPF36 or 50) and then goes to SPF15 or 25? coz somehow i feel like my skin is more sun sensitives now, meaning i get brown spots easier than before i started trying all these products. Question Question Confused Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
DDF sunblock is hard to apply evenly on face and body

ultraceuticals is much better if u want to try another physical sunblock

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |