Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snowfy

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
My face looks graying
and interesting of the mask.
Who can give me some propose?
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
anyone has used the Karin Herzog oxygen mask ?? i wonder if it contains hydrogen peroixde Confused Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
anyone has used the Karin Herzog oxygen mask ?? i wonder if it contains hydrogen peroixde Confused Confused

I have not tried it, but according to http://www.karinherzogusa.com/products.html it does.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
thanks.

but, hhmm, i think hydrogen peroxide is NOT good for our face, under any circumstances, is that right ???? Question Question Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is according Paula from cosmeticcops.com:

There is a great deal of current research showing that hydrogen peroxide is problematic as a topical disinfectant because it can greatly reduce the production of healthy new skin cells (Source: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, September 2001, pages 675?687). Hydrogen peroxide is also a significant oxidizing agent, meaning that it generates free-radical damage. While it can function as a disinfectant, the cumulative problems that can stem from impacting the skin with a substance that is known to generate free-radical damage, impair the skin's healing process, cause cellular destruction, and reduce optimal cell functioning are serious enough so that it is better to avoid its use (Sources: Carcinogenesis, March 2002, pages 469?475; and Anticancer Research, July-August 2001, pages 2719?2724).

I never fully understand how do those products claim to deliver oxygen to your skin truly work. Don't we expose to oxygen naturally and continuously already and we try to use products that actually antioxidant?
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm also confused about this problem, but this product must have its own philosophy I guess. Waiting for some reviews.
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

There is a great deal of current research showing that hydrogen peroxide is problematic as a topical disinfectant because it can greatly reduce the production of healthy new skin cells (Source: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, September 2001, pages 675?687). Hydrogen peroxide is also a significant oxidizing agent, meaning that it generates free-radical damage. While it can function as a disinfectant, the cumulative problems that can stem from impacting the skin with a substance that is known to generate free-radical damage, impair the skin's healing process, cause cellular destruction, and reduce optimal cell functioning are serious enough so that it is better to avoid its use (Sources: Carcinogenesis, March 2002, pages 469?475; and Anticancer Research, July-August 2001, pages 2719?2724).

I never fully understand how do those products claim to deliver oxygen to your skin truly work. Don't we expose to oxygen naturally and continuously already and we try to use products that actually antioxidant?

I guess it's not equal to the oxygen we inhale. What I get is, these products can increase the capacity of oxygen molecules under skin to improve the absorption of skincare product.

As people get elder, the capacity of oxygen in blood vessels would gradually decrease, that's why human is suggested to have regular aerobic exercise.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
snowfy wrote:
My face looks graying
and interesting of the mask.
Who can give me some propose?

Snowfy,
I've been using the KH products since February and I love the Essential Mask. I use it twice a week and it really gives life to your face. You can use it two ways, apply and leave on for 10-20 minutes or you can wear overnight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to check the very long Karin Herzog thread for feedback from people who have used this line:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Considering the price, the mask is really good! I'm not a big fan of the rest of the line, but this mask makes an immediate effect, evens out the tone and makes face brighter.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
It's a great mask and I also like the rest of the line.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:

I've used the mask (thankfully, someone gave me a tube - so I didn't have to spend the $$ to buy it!). It was nice, as masks go - but I really didn't notice anything particularly spectacular about the results. (IMHO, you'd be better off getting more oxygen to your skin by exercising and increasing internal circulation...)

Just mho, tho'...
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I also use Karin Herzog oxygen mask twice per week.It can give more glow on my face and the moisture is good.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
i love the mask and the whole line of products. Been using since the spring and my combination skin has never been better, as near to perfect as can be. My complexion has not been this good since ???, no oiliness in the t-zone, even after a nights sleep, no dryness in the cheeks, no hormonal breakouts...I love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
i love the mask and the whole line of products. Been using since the spring and my combination skin has never been better, as near to perfect as can be. My complexion has not been this good since ???, no oiliness in the t-zone, even after a nights sleep, no dryness in the cheeks, no hormonal breakouts...I love it!

What KH products are included in your routine? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi ParisTroika,
my routine consists of prof. cleanser in the pm, followed by Vita-A-Khombie 2(I just recently switched to VK2 after finishing my jar of VK1 that I started with) and the eye cream. In the morning I just splash with water, apply the VK2 and eye cream. I use the mask once or twice a week. On days when I do the mask I use the scrub.

I am also doing a fanie facial once a week and use osmosis shelter for sunscreen.

I highly recommend that you check out the KH thread- yes it's long, but there is a lot of very helpful information if this is a line you would like to try- it is very important to follow the recommendations to take things slow at the beginning. so if you have more questions I recommend you pop over there and ask away, the ladies there are all so very helpful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

It's really confuse me.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best policy is don't use it as a routine.Use it as a emergency saver. Smile
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:14 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480
echoico
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
IT WORKS VERY WELL. I LOVE WHOLE LINES PRODUCTS
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I dont like about this mask is that you cannot use anything else (like other non-KH serums or creams) either before or after applying the mask Confused It can give a burning sensation and can even make ur face red ( like mine)
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
The only thing I dont like about this mask is that you cannot use anything else (like other non-KH serums or creams) either before or after applying the mask Confused It can give a burning sensation and can even make ur face red ( like mine)

oh,that's terrible!i like apply serums and creams after face mask
OstrichFly
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I have a desire for it.
jmilanent
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
The Essential Mask is very hydrating. You can use it as a mask or moisturizer It only takes a size of a pearl. It will revitalize the skin and make it more moist and dewy. You can use some of your favorite products under it as long as they are not real strong. A light oil or a moisturizer, like hylauronic acid. Something mild. If your face gets red, it means it needs the oxygen. You might be irritating it with another product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
jmilanent wrote:
The Essential Mask is very hydrating. You can use it as a mask or moisturizer It only takes a size of a pearl. It will revitalize the skin and make it more moist and dewy. You can use some of your favorite products under it as long as they are not real strong. A light oil or a moisturizer, like hylauronic acid. Something mild. If your face gets red, it means it needs the oxygen. You might be irritating it with another product.

Thank you for excellent sharing!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |