Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ventura County, California. Please take a look at this.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Liss
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have decided to go to the US to take my MBA. I am hoping to get a scholarship from the Norwegian-American association. This leaves 17 schools that I can apply to.

I have not really started my reseach but California Lutheran University , Thousand Oaks, California is looking like a great option. Especially the International MBA. My advisors, the association and my american family (former hostfamily and OC residens ) are all very postive but I still want more information.

I am looking for input from anyone familiar with California Lutheran University and the city of Thousand Oaks. What do you think of this school and this area?

This is a edited list of my other options, feel free to comment.
Augustana College, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, California
Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts
College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
Macalester College, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan
North Park University, Chicago, Illinois
Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
Rochester Institure of Technology, Rochester, New York
St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liss, I can't speak for either the university or Thousand Oaks - my only contribution is the knowledge of how awful traffic can be in Southern California and how expensive the housing is. If you don't want to deal with long commute back and forth to school, you'll have to live close to university. If you can't afford housing close to the university, then you may be resigned to a long commute, unless a dormitory is included in your scholarship?

Much more good than bad, however Very Happy - Ventura county is exceptionally beautiful, with lots of farmland, growing things, and home of the Channel Islands and Santa Barbara. If you like different outdoors experiences, Joshua Tree national forest [a truly awesome desert] is only 3-4 hours away, you'll already be close to the Pacific ocean and mountains will be close as well.

Good luck and bless,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thousand Oaks is a beautiful area with wide open spaces, not congested at all. My bf's sister lives there. It's close to the beaches and also mountains. You need a car though as I didn't see any buses, and grocery stores seem far from her house. The closest one is about 2 miles. I don't know that school. Did you check the US News list for MBNA schools whether it made the Top 100? I know that in SCal, the top two MBA schools are UCLA and USC.
Liss
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

I checked the school against the US news list and it came out number 17 on the west. I guess that is fairly good?
I will definitely check the other schools on my list against the US news ranking.

As for the housing it is included in the scholarship. But I will have to get my drivers license and buy a car, I had completely forgotten that you have to drive every where.

It does sounds like a great area, but I still have to do a lot more reserch on the school. I relized that it is a very small school. I am not sure that is exactly what I am looking for. I had imagined more of a college town or at least a big campus.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Houghton, Michigan is nowheresville. Don't go there if you don't like super small towns and its a LONG drive from any larger city (there are about 7,000 people in Houghton).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and have had several friends go to Tech, but I prefer not to be that isolated Smile And the winters are really harsh up there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
My advice would be to look at your priorities. Are you looking for something specific in the school itself, or are all the schools on your list pretty similar and you're looking for the surrounding city to provide you with a unique experience?

Thousand Oaks is basically in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and therefore has all the good and the bad. As big cities go, I'd prefer the one in the Chicago area, but the weather out West can't be beat. Most of the schools you listed seem to be in the Midwest -- a very different experience than the 1 or 2 on either coast. Just depends on what you're looking for. My niece has just finished her first year at Macalester in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area; if you're interested, I can contact her for her thoughts.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |