Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peeling Badly From Retin A, What's The Best Solution?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Camelia wrote:
Thank you very much for all your replies. How do you get one pea sized amount to spread over your whole face? I must have a supersized face or something, but that amount would only spread over about half of mine.

I know the retin is supposed to be applied to dry skin but whenever I have trouble spreading a cream, I lightly moisten my face with water, wait about a minute until the skin is almost dry and then apply the cream. It spreads much easier without any tugging. Also I dot the retin on cheeks, forehead, chin before spreading for more even coverage.
msrubi

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Camelia-
What Stardust said about "dotting" is true as the Retin-A will work it's way through the skin so you don't have to cover every part of your face with it. I noticed however, that if I waited after washing, about 10 minutes, before applying the Retin-A it was less irritating. Everyone has to experiment with what works. After using it for 20 years, it doesn't matter when I apply it now but I have actually switched from Retin A to Tazorac. I like the results better and find it to be less irritating and I only use it about 3xs a week.
Keeps my skin looking great and the acne (which is why I really use it) under control.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust - I actually read one doctor recommending to apply the Retin A to your skin immediately after washing, while it is still damp, that way you don't need as much of the product. So you are definitely on to something there! (the only down side with doing this with the Retin A is you get more irritation by doing it like that instead of waiting about 20 minutes for your skin to be totally dry.)
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia wrote:
Thank you very much for all your replies. How do you get one pea sized amount to spread over your whole face? I must have a supersized face or something, but that amount would only spread over about half of mine.

Hi Camelia!
I know what you mean about the pea size not spreading very well! I've got a little burn like mark that I blame on not being able to evenly distrubute the retin-a.
I just started misting my face with chamomile hydrosol (from Garden of Wisdom) before applying the retin-a micro. This has solved the spreading problem and the peeling/sensitivity problem for me! I'm guessing the hydrosol is also diluting the strength but I'm fine with that and have been happy with the results so far. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Misting with a hydrosol is a great idea but I often found I sprayed one too many times and my retin cream became a lotion. Confused
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't know why your dermatologist recommended a higher strength when your skin can not take it..... Use only small amount if Retin-A is of higher strength.... maybe a little less than pea-size?

Also, if your skin is peeling badly, maybe use it on alternative days? Smile

Camelia wrote:
I've recently moved up to a higher strength of Retin A and my skin is covered in peeling skin. My makeup looks terrible at the moment because the peeling skin is making it look so uneven. The skin isn't too sore, I'm more concerned with getting rid of peeling skin as quickly as possible. Is there a way of preventing this from occuring? Please help!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |