Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dental Sealants Qs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Yvetteski
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
My recently retired dentist refused to use sealants on my children's teeth because of his concerns about the uncertainty of the long-term effects of the sealants on human health, especially endocrine disruption.

Our new dentist just saw my 16 y/o and said she had many naturally-occurring cracks in her teeth and recommended a dental sealant at $57 USD per tooth on 6 teeth. He said the sealant would last appx 3 years. She does have one cavity already. (I'm a bit OCD with my Sonicare & Glide floss with a mouthful of fillings. My husband brushes for, like 60 seconds, NEVER flosses and has no cavities.)

Any dentists/techs here who can weigh in on this? I did see an NIH site listing resins as possible endocrine disruptors but the science is not fully fleshed out yet.

I'm not a chemicalphobe but as a cancer survivor and a person with autoimmune disorders I'm conflicted.
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
i work part time for a dentist, and he uses sealant, and my girls also get this, he has always recommended this, i will ask him for more info on this and let you know hth

5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I look forward to your information.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to hear more too. It's just my luck - I took my son TODAY to get sealants. I had no idea there was a controversy at all. I didn't have to sign anything and they mentioned nothing. Now I'm feeling uninformed and not happy at all that I took him!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
does dental insurance cover this??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I had my sons' molars and bicuspids sealed 21 years ago. Best decision I ever made, tooth wise. No cavities to this day on them and he was not a prolific brusher and is a huge cocacola consumer. I worked for a dentist in college who raved about them, so when Brandon came along and got his permanent teeth in, I jumped on it. I have not heard of any long term adverse reactions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
My mother is a dentist and had sealants put on all of us when we were young. I believe she also has them on herself. She actually teaches best practices/continuing education classes to dentists around the country.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie, yes, our dental insurance covered this.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |