Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Under eye circles virtually gone overnight!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I CANNOT BELIEVE what this product did!!! I got on an auto ship with Chamonix a few months back (yes, I am an infomercial victim Embarassed )...but...I really liked the eye cream and the neck cream ....and....got full sized freebies over the first four shipments so I adjusted the shipments to one product each and kept on the auto ship.

Day before yesterday I received my freebie Platinum by Chamonix Dark Circle Treatment...I used it at night alone w/out my usual eye cream (also the Chamonix cuz I do like it)...I could not believe my eyes (literally Very Happy ) when I awoke yesterday...my very dark under eye circles were almost gone!!!! I used it again last night and I swear for the first time in my life I am going to put on my makeup with out having to get the small brushes out and do a triple concealer job!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Here is the ingredient list: Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Poysilicone 11, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Phyilanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Hesperidin Methl Chacone, Palmitoyl Ttrapeptide-3, Dipeptide-2, Hydroxysuccinmide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, PEG-100 Stearate, Gynostemma Pentaphllum Extract, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparben.

I have ZERO clue as to what any of those things are...but this stuff is amazing!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
It's the Chrysin that's mainly responsible...you could purchase some of that add it to a cream, & make this much more inexpensively yourself!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
What is Chrysin, exactly, and how does it work, do you know? This got me curious!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
This seems to have many similar ingredients to the Philosophy "Dark Shadows" product - don't know if anyone here has tried that yet? I have very dark circles and I'm always on the lookout for something to help them too.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go

http://www.skinactives.com/products/chrysin.htm
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
It's the Chrysin that's mainly responsible...you could purchase some of that add it to a cream, & make this much more inexpensively yourself!

This ingredient seems a bit far down the list but I guess maybe you don't need a lot to see it work. I checked out the skinactive site, it says Chrysin is good for hair growth too. I am a little bit confused - how does it work hmm
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I believe that both Chrysin & Hydroxysuccinmide promote the elimination of blood originating pigments from under the eyes (blood pigments are a primary source for causing dark circles). Though this product is not exactly the same as Hylexin (a very expensive cream that claims to remove dark eye circles - though the reviews state otherwise Rolling Eyes ), it contains ingredients that are very similar.

Hylexin Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Hydroxysuccinimide, Hesperidine Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Polysilicone 11, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
home remedy that i have tried to get rid of dark circles once - cut two slices of cucumber. Squash them a bit so that it becomes bit pulpy and there's juice. Scrap the pulp in two muslin cloths (or hankerchief) and shape them as two circles. Apply on eyes for 5mins. Rinse after 5mins and apply a moisturiser.

Alternatively, I find Decleor's eye cream to do a good job as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
fifi,
I've never had a prob with undereye circles until the last two months or so. I'm not sure what's causing it, but since I had just received a sample of Philosopy Dark Shadows, I decided to give it a try. I tried it two days in a row, and found it made no difference. Do you think two days is enough? Should I keep using it and give it a chance? Since I have no experience with this problem ever before (except when I was out partying and simply needed more sleep), I'm at a loss.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
where do I buy this product to remove the dark circle ?Please help!!!

Íve bêen using the Hylexin for a year but still did not work for me . And of course I have to pay $98 for each plus tax ... but since I don't know what other product to use, so I have to stick with it.

I also tried Lancôme, Clinique, Estêe Lauder, ...etc undereye circle,but still did not work ... SadSad

Please help!!!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
fifi,
I've never had a prob with undereye circles until the last two months or so. I'm not sure what's causing it, but since I had just received a sample of Philosopy Dark Shadows, I decided to give it a try. I tried it two days in a row, and found it made no difference. Do you think two days is enough? Should I keep using it and give it a chance? Since I have no experience with this problem ever before (except when I was out partying and simply needed more sleep), I'm at a loss.

Well, my circles are hereditary so have always been there - sadly they have gotten worse with age though. I've never found anything that helped, but I keep trying. I've ordered the dark shadows from Philosophy but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't say whether it'll be effective at all, but I'd think it would probably take more like a couple of months to tell whether it would help.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
nadjazz wrote:
fifi,

Well, my circles are hereditary so have always been there - sadly they have gotten worse with age though. I've never found anything that helped, but I keep trying. I've ordered the dark shadows from Philosophy but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't say whether it'll be effective at all, but I'd think it would probably take more like a couple of months to tell whether it would help.

Please report back, fifi, after you've used it a while. My PTR Power K doesn't seem to be helping yet, and I've had it for quite a long time now.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Will do. I've tried the PTR Power K before too, and it didn't help at all Sad.

I'm on a blitz right now, I actually have both the Philosophy dark shadows and a jar of Teamine eye cream on the way so shall try them both in turn. I think after that I'll only have Hylexin to try out and I'll have gone through all of the dark circle creams out there!
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I too used to have dark circles from when I was a child.

Right now I use Decleor - Expérience de L'Age Triple Action Eye and Lip Creme. It is very good. My dark circles have gone since I have started using Decleor's eye product. I would highly recommend it.

As I have mentioned in my post earlier, I found the cucumber thing make my dark circles disappear in a matter of days. It just takes more effort and a routine.

Ofcourse, if I sleep 8 hours, my eyes look brilliant as well!

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
thestepfordwife wrote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE what this product did!!! I got on an auto ship with Chamonix a few months back (yes, I am an infomercial victim Embarassed )...but...I really liked the eye cream and the neck cream ....and....got full sized freebies over the first four shipments so I adjusted the shipments to one product each and kept on the auto ship.

Day before yesterday I received my freebie Platinum by Chamonix Dark Circle Treatment...I used it at night alone w/out my usual eye cream (also the Chamonix cuz I do like it)...I could not believe my eyes (literally Very Happy ) when I awoke yesterday...my very dark under eye circles were almost gone!!!! I used it again last night and I swear for the first time in my life I am going to put on my makeup with out having to get the small brushes out and do a triple concealer job!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Here is the ingredient list: Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Poysilicone 11, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Phyilanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Hesperidin Methl Chacone, Palmitoyl Ttrapeptide-3, Dipeptide-2, Hydroxysuccinmide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, PEG-100 Stearate, Gynostemma Pentaphllum Extract, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparben.

I have ZERO clue as to what any of those things are...but this stuff is amazing!

It's so amazing!! I really want to try...
I've tried many brands incl. the PTR Power K before, and none worked for me!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Whoever uses this product next TAKE PHOTOS! Before and after. The ONLY way to show how well somthing works.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Whoever uses this product next TAKE PHOTOS! Before and after. The ONLY way to show how well somthing works.

Good point! Photos can certainly back up results. Seeing is believing.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
thestepfordwife wrote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE what this product did!!! I got on an auto ship with Chamonix a few months back (yes, I am an infomercial victim Embarassed )...but...I really ...I received my freebie Platinum by Chamonix Dark Circle Treatment...I used it at night alone w/out my usual eye cream (also the Chamonix cuz I do like it)...I could not believe my eyes (literally Very Happy ) when I awoke yesterday...my very dark under eye circles were almost gone!!!!

Hey this is really great I am really looking for product for dark circle. Can you please give me details Price name and where to buy it.
Thnx in advance

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the DIY gelatin eye mask posted in the DIY forum here? I wonder if anyone has luck so far??? Rolling Eyes
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Is the eye treatment oil free?
I got very sensitive skin around the eyes
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
I too used to have dark circles from when I was a child.

Right now I use Decleor - Expérience de L'Age Triple Action Eye and Lip Creme. It is very good. My dark circles have gone since I have started using Decleor's eye product. I would highly recommend it.

As I have mentioned in my post earlier, I found the cucumber thing make my dark circles disappear in a matter of days. It just takes more effort and a routine.

Ofcourse, if I sleep 8 hours, my eyes look brilliant as well!

HTH

Hi VL,

I'm interested in the cream. I have dark genetic circles (Indian/Middle-eastern) and have had them all my life - they're also linked to allergies. The cucumber thing works some for me too but it's pretty time consuimg.

I've tried PTR K cream, various coffee creams, E.L Uncircle, Disappear? -something with pearl cream- Lancome, CLinique all about eyes, hylexin, among countless others and no dice.

So, please VL tell me a bit more about this Decleor cream.... Could it be THE thing?

Catxxxx

P.S: there's also a thread about Dark cirlces mentioning the Garden of Wisdom cream in the Library.

PPS: The gelatin DIY didn't do much for me.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
The gelatin mask didn't work well for me. Maybe it's one of the those things one should stick to religiously for a couple of months, which I didn't, to see results. After about a couple of weeks I didn't see much of a change. It also dried so tight and hard. Then I had trouble keeping myself from trying to peel it off! Embarassed (Which hurt b/c it becomes like a second skin until washed off). I might try mixing it with honey to prevent it from drying so much and five it another try. I found it surprising that spas use this as a one time treatment... how could once do any good? I know, I know; results vary from person to person.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys! Sorry I've been down a couple of days with a bad back Crying or Very sad Trying massive doses of MSM right now to see if that helps any...of course that's another thread Laughing

It never occurred to me to take pictures as I was not thinking anything would help my dark circles so I was totally caught by surprise when this worked so well!

The company contact is: www.betterskintoday.com or 1-800-skin-211 and the product is PLATINUM by Chamonix Dark Circle Treatment. Here is a link to request samples: http://www.betterskintoday.com/requestsample.htm
I don't know if they let you pick them or not as I didn't get my product that way....it is not the cheapest product in the world...but certainly no more expensive than most of the things I've bought or tried at Sephora or Macy's etc...and it's a large 1oz jar which will prolly last me at least four to six months. They also have a money back guarantee but I have not tried to send anything back yet...so...no experience on that front.

I AM wondering if I can use some of this Chrysin to "doctor" up some other creams I have around so they don't go to waste...think I'll read up a bit on that...thanks for the tip Chocolat Very Happy
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
The gelatin mask didn't work well for me. Maybe it's one of the those things one should stick to religiously for a couple of months, which I didn't, to see results. After about a couple of weeks I didn't see much of a change. It also dried so tight and hard. Then I had trouble keeping myself from trying to peel it off! Embarassed (Which hurt b/c it becomes like a second skin until washed off). I might try mixing it with honey to prevent it from drying so much and five it another try. I found it surprising that spas use this as a one time treatment... how could once do any good? I know, I know; results vary from person to person.

i feel the same here... i wonder how long do you have to use it before seeing results?! it's so unpleasant that I dun feel like putting it on everyday... dunno if it's worth it afterall...
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh thanks you for recommend this product. I always have a problem around my eye. I will give it a try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |