Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
So I am not a concealer person. Not because I don't need it, but because I'm lazy and every concealer I've ever tried either does not cover well or looks too obvious to actually be called "concealer"!

I took a chance and bought Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow Concealer, which some have compared to YSL Touche Eclat at a fraction of the price.

Well I must say, I love this concealer. It's amazing how well it covers and how blendable it is. It works so well with both my LM Tinted Moisturizer and Silk Creme foundation (I purchased the Silk Creme in NYC last week for extra coverage). I love to use it under my eyes as it really brightens the area and tones down the dark discoloration underneath.

I bought mine at Target and is a definite repurchase for me. I can't believe I'd actually buy a concealer twice!
YSL Touche Eclat is around 40 dollars. Boots is around 13!!!!!
**I have not tried the YSL Touche Eclat, but for how well this works...I don't plan to!

This concealer is also available at CVS Pharmacy.

Info from the Boots Website:
http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?cid=32&sid=2&iid=147

Reviews from MUA:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=56040/No7_-_Instant_Radiance_Concealer/Boots_/Concealers

ETA: I wanted to add that this concealer is not greasy at all, one of my typical complaints of concealers is the heaviness factor. It is very light, BUT you have to work somewhat quickly as it can dry fast. You don't want to apply it, then wait to blend it. You should blend it right away. It does have light reflecting particles that truly make your eyes dazzle without adding shine (I hate shine! There's a fine line for me between "glowy" and "greasy" so I tend to shy away from anything that claims to help you glow. I glow plenty on my own!!!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this sounds excellent. I am going to put this on my list of things to try. I don't think I've seen it at my local CVS, though.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen any Boots at my local CVS at all either, hence I was forced to go to Target.

I only checked a couple of CVS, but none of them had a spot for Boots. Confused

Luckily Target didn't let me down!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I "happened" to go to Target and much to my delight they have quite a range of Boots products, including the concealer. I didn't buy it, as I have been overspending, but it is nice to know that it is there. They do have the US version of the miracle serum as well. The Boots Botanics products look interesting, too.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow.. this concealer sounds amazing. Do you happen to have the list of ingredients? How is the texture, is it thick or light? Does it feel heavy or light under your eyes?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's very light, so I'm surprised it covered so well.

Compared to pricier reflective concealers...it's a good buy in my opinion.

It does have mineral oil in it, but so does the YSL version...for those avoiding it. But it has not caused any breakouts for me and I've been using it every day.

Ingredients for BOOTS concealer:
Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Glycerine, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil, Huile minérale), Dimethicone copolyol, Magnesium sulfate, Methicone, C12-14 Pareth-3, Methylparaben, Squalane, Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides),

Ingredients for YSL concealer:
Aqua (water), cyclomethicone, glycerin, talc, paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, magnesium sulphate, trideceth-3, methicone, methylparaben, squalane, [+/- may contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77492 (iron oxide), CI 77491 (iron oxide), CI 77499 (iron oxide), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (manganese violet), CI 75470 (carmine), “NF8897”]

As you can see...it's pretty much the same stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is it more a stick like or liquid like? I cannt really tell from the picture...what shade did you choose ParisTroika? Thx.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
It has a brush on the tip and a button on the other side you press and the concealer comes up and through the brush (exactly like YSL)...so it's more liquid/creamy than a stick.

ETA: I chose shade "I".

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review, I have been thinking about buying this after trying the Touch Eclait which did nothing for my dark undereye circles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't realize it was possible to get some Boots products in the US. Next time I'm in a Target, I'm gonna look.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
There used to be a Boots Drug store in the town I lived in and they closed down years ago. Recently Shoppers Drug Mart started to carry the Boots skincare and makeup line. I love the lipsticks.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
ww.cvs.com all cosmetics are 20% off now. Plus if you purchased $75 or more another $15 off.

I bought the concealor and hopefully it'll cover all my spots and broken caps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Paris. I am in the market for a light, non-greasy concealer that will brighten up the eye area and is also inexpensive, so this sounds ideal. The Shoppers Drug Mart up the road from me here (in Toronto) carries the entire Boots line of cosmetics, so I'll check it out tomorrow. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just picked one of these up. Although I haven't given it a "proper" try out yet, it looks good. Thanks for the info Paris...

And for those in Hong Kong, the Boots counters in Watsons seem to be doing a clearance of the No. 7 makeup.. I got my concealer 50% off Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up one from Shoppers DrugMart today and its on sale too - for under $10 now. Will report back if I like it.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Please share your experiences with it. I hope it works for you like it worked for me, though I realize with the limited shade options it might not work for everyone.

Smile xoxo

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, appletini, I'm one of the 'Hongkongers'
and will definitely rush to the nearest Watson's counter today Very Happy !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this on sale at shoppers too. It only has two color choices. I was worring that it may not suit my skin tone. maybe I should try it. Idea
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good!
I will check it out at Boots counter as well. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I just bought it and the TM today. will try both tomorrow, hope they work out well.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I am tempted to look into this one, I am looking for an undereye concealer to cover my dark shadows and have tried Touch Eclait which I didn't like (way too shiny).
So I will look at giving this a go Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
So I went on my missionto find the perfect undereye concealer tonight, I tried concealers by Chanel, Lancome, Dior, MAC, L'Oreal, Rimmel, Bourjois, YSL and No.7.

I took my poor long suffering SO along and he picked Boots No.7 as the best out of all of them Very Happy
It really does give a lovely natural finnish, does not look cakey or enhance any fine lines, a definate winner. It comes in 2 shades but they are so similar, I went with 1 as this was the one the sales girl used although I am tempted to get 2 as well.
Oh and UK girls NO.7 cosmetics is 3 for 2 at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rosebud. I can hardly resist anything with those three words. I do use the Cle de Peau concealer and find it wonderful but wow what a price difference.

kimberly
bonny

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am hearing lots of good things about Boots products. I will have to give this concealer a try.

Bonny
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
After reading great detailed reviews here, I decided to pick up a concealer when in SDM.

I got the one that is marked II; it is the yellow based. I have blueish circles and I am quite fair. I would be Ivory in d/s foundation (when I wore liquid foundation)

This is fantastic!! I am a major MMU fan but concealer around the eye area from a mineral line just was not going to work. Even though I am oily, my eye area is dry. I have tried extra eye cream, etc. I have assorted stick concealers that are OK.

Anyhow, I am wearing this now. I put it on this morning (just a couple of dots blended with my pinky finger). It really "nuetralized" the blue, my eye area looks brighter and it does not cake or look like concealer at all! (All the stick ones did eventually cake). BTW I am 46 and have fine lines. The concealer does not settle into lines at all.

Thanks all for writing about this. I am glad I bought this.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |