Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to share this...I picked up #2 this weekend at Target, played around with it for a few days, and decided I really liked it.

Last night, I had ONE glass of wine at dinner, and man, did it hit me hard! Now that I'm taking MSM, I am sooo sensitive to alcohol.

So, this morning, I was concerned about dark circles. I put on my brand-new Laura Mercier primer, Shiseido stick foundation, and finished with Boots No. 7 concealer below the eyes, and inner/outer corners. Then a quick swab of Burts Bees lip balm, like I do every day.

Later in the morning, a male co-worker stopped by to discuss a project. Keep in mind, I've known this guy for 10 years. He ended the conversation by telling me I looked incredibly young today!! hmm

I'm giving props to the concealer for that compliment!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Say, Nadjazz? does the Shiseido stick foundation give good coverage? Would you categorize it as being light, medium or full coverage? Thanks..
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Lefemme, rather than hijack the thread, I did a review:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=306463#306463

HTH! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
ParisT...I'm wondering how the Boots concealer wears...like is there still some in place by the end of the day?? I love my Estee Lauder concealer and I've used it for years... but now that my dark circles are darker, 8 hours after I put on the concealer, they are very visable.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
For me it wears great. We've been having 107 degree temps with humidity (it's monsoon season!) and it stays put remarkably well for me. I have combo skin that is now tending towards oily with the humidity.

It's not thick and blends well for me. It's seriously the best concealer...I'm still using and will definitely repurchase when I'm done!!!

Still a happy camper!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
My advantage card is saying, go on, try it!

May pop into boots tomorrow Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this yesterday, and after one use I can say it's better than my BE well-rested, which is really hard for me to admit. I bought the pinkish shade, I, as I have red undertones. It wears very well, is easy to apply... The only thing I don't like is how often I have to click the end to get the stuff to come out. Maybe because it's new, it takes a little while for it to lube up.

Has anyone tried the Boots blemish concealor? I'd be interested to see if it's as good as this stuff.
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
The Target near me recently started carrying the Boots line. I'd never heard of it before, but this concealer sounds right up my alley. I'm continually trying to find one that doesn't have a drying affect and end up enhancing the fine lines under my eyes.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I just bought this yesterday, and after one use I can say it's better than my BE well-rested, which is really hard for me to admit. I bought the pinkish shade, I, as I have red undertones. It wears very well, is easy to apply... The only thing I don't like is how often I have to click the end to get the stuff to come out. Maybe because it's new, it takes a little while for it to lube up.

Has anyone tried the Boots blemish concealor? I'd be interested to see if it's as good as this stuff.

I haven't tried the blemish concealer at all. With the monsoons I've been battling some acne from humidity...maybe I'll give this a go, but I'm not all fond of stick concealers. The website says that it is too dry in texture for use under the eye area, which means it probably good for small spots (won't come off!).

I know when I first bought my radiance concealer I had to click several times to get the product out...now I only click once or twice for all areas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I’ve had this for a couple of weeks now and agree it seems very similar to the YSL Touche Eclat, which I bought once or twice way back in the last century.

I think I need a bit more coverage though than this gives, and it probably works better applied over a liquid/crème foundation, which I haven’t tried - I was looking for something to use under my Alima MMU around my eyes. It is a nice product though, especially for the price.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I was looking for something to use under my Alima MMU around my eyes.

I wear MMU and was out of town last week without concealer. I was in CVS picking up eye drops and found Exuviance Coverblend Multi-Function Concealer. I got light. I am in love!! I dab it on lightly with a makeup sponge from the corner of my inner eye and under my eyes. It does not cake, accentuate my lines (I have some) or feel heavy. It is one of the few concealers I can wear under my eye area with MMU. I also use it to cover broken capillaries around my nose. It lasts all day. Others I have used have been gone in a few hours... or just looked funky under MMU.

I saw,after the fact, that you can get it here at EDS or a number of places on line, and the price can vary. I paid about $16 for it, as I recall. I plan on keeping it in my stash.

This Boots sounds good but I think I will stick with this one since it seems to work for my immediate needs.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I never knew CVS carried boots product, and gonna check this out.
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this concealer for the past week and 1/2 and I am loving it! I use it under MMU and haven't had any problems with it giving my under eye area a dry look like I get with other concealers I've tried.
I would buy this product again.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
How does this compare to Guerlain line smoothing illuminator?
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
The shade selection is so limited. Do you think this concealor would work for darker skintones?

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |