Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Boots No. 7 Restore and Renew Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, everyone knows the hype surround this serum. I managed to score the last bottle of it at my local Target...bought it on a whim. Though my recent visits to Target have made me realize it is becoming more readily available.

I'm 27 and am concerned with prevention, so I cannot attest to the effectiveness of the firming and tightening of this serum. At first I was kicking myself for even buying it as I didn't think I needed it. But boy am I glad I did!!!

First off, there has been some confusion over the British version and the US version. While it has been mentioned in other threads, I'd like to reiterate it here.
The British Version that everyone raves about is Protect and Perfect and the American version of this serum is the Restore and Renew. There is another serum by the name of Refine and Rewind This is NOT the serum that was flying off shelves in the UK. Refine and Rewind is a stronger serum, but not the one that is the equivalent of Protect and Perfect.

In addition, there is a slight variation in formulation with the last (and active) ingredient. The British version has Matrixyl, a pentapeptide, while the U.S. version has two other peptides instead of the Matrixyl, which Boots claims will give the same results as the British version.

Back to the Restore and Renew. I've been using this serum for a few weeks and I must say, it's wonderful. My face is brighter, more even in tone, and this serum does not break me out. In fact it helps counteract the negative effects I experienced with Jan Marini Bioclear cream (which I love, but it can get a little intense). I was having some redness and peeling, and this serum helped clear it up. My pores even appear less noticeable (nothing can truly shrink your pore size) and my foundation goes on much more smoothly. I have an extra bottle that I'm debating on sending to my mum, or keeping it for myself. But I might send it to her so she can try it and give it a go for wrinkle reduction (she's in her 60s).

I'm very glad I purchased this and it has made its own niche in my skincare routine. I was using it around my eyes (though it says not to) but I've since found an eye cream I'm sampling and will review at a later date once I use the sample up.

I use it twice a day and my skin is softer and just great! I love that I haven't gotten any breakouts and my face freaks out easily. I went to NYC last week and prior to leaving, just a mere mention of the humidity (which was relative low, but compared to the desert it was a rain forest!) a zit or two would appear. I'm happy to note though that I successfully had a somewhat clear face my entire trip thanks to a great routine I helped build through help from forum members.

Info from Boots website:
http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?cid=33&sid=22&iid=191

Reviews from MUA, there are only three:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=92187/NO7_Restore_&_Renew_Beauty_Serum/Boots_/Treatments

The serum is around 20-23 dollars and can be purchased at Target and some CVS Pharmacys (I haven't found the Boots line at the CVS stores that I frequent, it's cheaper at Target anyway). I have been very happy with the Boots products I've tried!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |