Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

calling all asian ladies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious-how many of you are asian or oriental? It seems like a lot of you are. I am half chinese and half Italian.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking the same thing too.............I was telling my BF " Alot of the gals are asian i think, we must be more vain Laughing "
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Chinese. And I'd really want to know what skin products (brand) do most of Asian/Oriental women use? and hair products? and found those suitable and good. Because I think the skin & hair texture are not the same as American/Europeans/African... Rolling Eyes
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm half Okinawan, half Portuguese. Grew up on Okinawa and Hawaii, now dealing with the sun damage. My Okinawan relatives were always careful to avoid the sun, using umbrellas and hats. Now I know why. Confused

I spend alot of $$ on whitening products, not to achieve a lighter complexion, but to achieve an even one. I have freckles, hyperpigmentation, and rosacea. I am not brand loyal.

My sister, on the other hand, is 55, has beautiful skin and swears by Shiseido! She rinses her face with water, never uses cleanser. She uses some kind of expensive moisturizing cream from Shiseido, and the whipped foundation that comes in the pump bottle. That's it!

As for vanity...well, it just seemed alot easier when I was younger. Simple haircut, 5-min makeup, and I looked gorgeous. Not so now! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Filipina! But people think that I am either Latina or Native American! Yes, I think that I care a lot about my skin. My whole family takes care of their skin!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Japanese - grew up in Hawai'i. I have a lot of sun damage but no wrinkles and people find it really hard to believe I'm turning 45 years old.

I use a ton of different things. Adore Shiseido mascara base and mascaras but don't care for the skinline.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am 53.Since I am half Chinese and half Italian a lot of people mistake me for Mexican! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed People are usually really surprised when they find out I am that old. I have noticed that Asians do tend to look a lot younger than "white" people,they seem to wrinkle less.I dont know if its the fullness of the face or what.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am half Japanese and other half Russian, Scotch and Irish. I think I look my age but others say I look 15 years younger. I am 51. I have many of us have oilier, thicker skin that can tend to scar from acne and also hyperpigmemt with age and can often be sensitive. This is can be a challenge. Even dermatologists say that. So makes sense there would be lots of us here. On the other hand we have no wrinkles and tend to have more fat and younger looking faces (my neck still looks like I am a teenager. Of course other parts are staring to slip, lol).
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese and a skincare product addict. People do say I look like I am still in my 20s although I am in my mid 30s. I don't have wrinkles yet but my skin is acne prone and I have quite a few acne marks on my cheeks. I am constantly fighting with them and still haven't found the solutions yet.
mommydearest, what's your secret of having a teenager's neck? I don't have wrinkles on my face but I had neck rings since early 20s. I know it must have something to do with my postures. Don't know what to do with those ugly rings.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am Taiwanese, I bought so many skincare products from EDS, it is cheaper and easlier... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
lol, actually I think it is genetic. Maybe if I lost the Perimenopausal fat I have I would look loose and saggy for all I know. I think maybe it was because I had long hair for so many years and it protected my neck. My neck and upper chest area are very smooth and firm. Maybe because I live in NYC and don't get a lot of sun?

htian21 wrote:
I am Chinese and a skincare product addict. People do say I look like I am still in my 20s although I am in my mid 30s. I don't have wrinkles yet but my skin is acne prone and I have quite a few acne marks on my cheeks. I am constantly fighting with them and still haven't found the solutions yet.
mommydearest, what's your secret of having a teenager's neck? I don't have wrinkles on my face but I had neck rings since early 20s. I know it must have something to do with my postures. Don't know what to do with those ugly rings.
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese. I perfer using the western countries skincare products because they have their ingredients listed!
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
hi girls, i am a Hong Kong Chinese. And am also a skincare addict. :>

I am 29 and dont have any wrinkles (except fine lines under my eyes Neutral )

i use mostly japanese skincare since i was a teenager, Kose sekkeisei, Shiseido. I am also into whitening product of any brand you can name Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I hope they can lighten my acne scars a bit.

I am into valmont these days Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but the price tag is the biggest deterrant Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese and I am going through a really tough time with my skin. Ever since trying the MAC Oil Cleanser, I have been fighting acne, acne marks, irritation, and overall uneven skin tone. ARGH>....I've been trying to "fix" this since April!

I have really sensitive skin and I am prone to acne when something doesn't sit right with my skin; for this reason, I don't like to try new products because I usually have bad experiences. I'd LOVE to try some of the Japanese and Korean skincare brands because, in general, Japanese and Korean people seem to have amazing skin. Or perhaps it's the actresses and models that do???

Any feedback on Japanese and Korean brands would be appreciated.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
I am Chinese and I am going through a really tough time with my skin. Ever since trying the MAC Oil Cleanser, I have been fighting acne, acne marks, irritation, and overall uneven skin tone. ARGH>....I've been trying to "fix" this since April!

I have really sensitive skin and I am prone to acne when something doesn't sit right with my skin; for this reason, I don't like to try new products because I usually have bad experiences. I'd LOVE to try some of the Japanese and Korean skincare brands because, in general, Japanese and Korean people seem to have amazing skin. Or perhaps it's the actresses and models that do???

Any feedback on Japanese and Korean brands would be appreciated.

I have a lot of korean friends and all of them prefer american/european skin care...

Anyway, I'm part vietnamese, chinese and french. I have clear skin, thanks to EDS. Jan Marini BioClear lotion has been keeping my skin acne-free.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese and I find that most Chinese 9that I know of) have oily skin Confused

I have combo skin, acne, acne marks/scars but due to the peels and exfoliation, it's still congested BUT its kinda smooth...wishing all the acne would go away though

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Thai. Yeah, I agree that Asians age better than Caucasians, but blacks probably age the best!
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Korean
My mom has flawless skin, tiny little wrinkles that only she can ever see...too bad I didn't get her skin Sad instead, I'm on here practically daily in search of the magic potion! hehe
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Thai Chinese and I'm 25. I've been using skincare seriously since I was 16, but even before then I was always seeing a dermatologist to keep my skin clear. I've never really had any problem with acne though. I used to have combo skin when I was younger, but now my skin is most dry and is VERY sensitive. I use all sorts of products, Asian or European. However, I'd have to say the products I always return to are European products. I love Skinbiology Super GHK, Valmont, La Prairie, Eve Lom, The Organic Pharmacy, Cle de Peau, and Babor eye cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese, live in Hong Kong. Smile
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Korean. I've used Korean products and I like them. But I am not very brand loyal because I always want to try whatever is getting raves. As soon as something runs out (or even before) I buy something different. Right now I am on Jan Marini for my acne.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm chinese, i love playing with my face. I used to work casual in a newsgency when i was in high school and read heaps of magazine and probably brain-washed. Think that's y im always trying to achieve flawless skin even though i know they were all photoshopped. at the moment im no where near flawless.

Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I'm Korean. I've used Korean products and I like them. But I am not very brand loyal because I always want to try whatever is getting raves. As soon as something runs out (or even before) I buy something different. Right now I am on Jan Marini for my acne.

I am like you skim - always wanting to try new things that others rave about.

I am part Chinese and part Portuguese. I also have oily combination skin therefore having large pores. I had to battle with acne when I was younger.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm Chinese and have always hated my skin. As a teenager, my acne always came out with a vengeance. People thought I had blush on when it was really severe comedonal acne. Good thing I didn't have any scars from it.

Now in my 30s, I have to battle potential sagging and wrinkles. I, too, became a skincare junkie and product whore, never sticking to one thing. Now, I am on Retin-A .1% and using Erno Laszlo 2:00 regimen. I haven't switched for 4 months and my skin has never looked better.

I used to use Japanese products and agree that they are very good but I got tired of buying them from eBay or waiting until I shopped in Asia. BTW, I don't think DHC is all that great with the exception of their cleansing oil. I can't stand the fact that they introduce so many new products every month. Why don't they have approx. 20 good products and leave it at that?

I'm not sure if we Asians are vain, which leads to a lot of us being subscribers to this site, but I know I sure am!
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
jcyhung wrote:
I'm Chinese. And I'd really want to know what skin products (brand) do most of Asian/Oriental women use? and hair products? and found those suitable and good. Because I think the skin & hair texture are not the same as American/Europeans/African... Rolling Eyes

Yes, I am. Agreed with you. Excepts the skin and hair texture, our living style, environmental and etc are different with American/Europeans/African...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |