Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Remedies to prevent hair loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm sure that many of us have problems with hair due to stress, illness, poor diet, etc. Lately, I have been under stress (exams, weird work schedule) and it results in problems with hair. I just started to lose much more hair than usually. Normal range for losing hair is 60-100 per day. I search the Internet for remedies to cure the hair loss. Here is what I found:
1.It really worked for me. Take a table salt and massage it into your scalp (moist your hair before). Leave it for at least 5 minutes and rinse off, follow with regular routine: shampoo + conditioner.
I did it for 5 days and I can see the improvement.
2.Take two egg's yolks, jojoba (or other oil), and 1 table spoon of lemon juice, mix it, than apply into your scalp. Put a plastic cover and keep it for 30 minutes or 1 hour, follow with shampoo.
This I can't do, because I don't like the smell of eggs. It worked great for my friend.
3. Castor oil massage into a scalp, cover with plastic bag and towel for 1 hour, than wash off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I have tried castor oil and olive oil. Of the two, Olive oil worked best for me. It was also less messy.
I warm bit of oil. Then massage it on my scalp with a cotton wad. Massage my scalp for 5mins. Then I cover my head with a shower cap and leave it for 1hr to 1.5hrs. Then, I beat a whole egg (very fluffy) and then apply about half the portion on my scalp. Leave it for 5mins and then shampoo it off. I apply a conditioner after that.

I find this weekly routine keeps my hair very healthy, shiny and bouyant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
For me, I use natural coconut oil and AMLA oil from India (though I am not from this country)... plus sauna to steam the hair scalp and massage the hair while in sauna....
My hair has not lost it lustre, just like when I was in my 20's......

Lara1 wrote:
Hi,
I'm sure that many of us have problems with hair due to stress, illness, poor diet, etc. Lately, I have been under stress (exams, weird work schedule) and it results in problems with hair. I just started to lose much more hair than usually. Normal range for losing hair is 60-100 per day. I search the Internet for remedies to cure the hair loss. Here is what I found:
1.It really worked for me. Take a table salt and massage it into your scalp (moist your hair before). Leave it for at least 5 minutes and rinse off, follow with regular routine: shampoo + conditioner.
2.Take two egg's yolks, jojoba (or other oil), and 1 table spoon of lemon juice, mix it, than apply into your scalp. Put a plastic cover and keep it for 30 minutes or 1 hour, follow with shampoo.
This I can't do, because I don't like the smell of eggs. It worked great for my friend.
3. Castor oil massage into a scalp, cover with plastic bag and towel for 1 hour, than wash off.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1, I have recommended your "salt" therapy to one co-worker from the office. She has recently experienced great hair loss for no apparent reason. She went to see her doctor and get blood tested and everything but couldn't determine the cause. She is really depressed from this, although I don't think it's that obvious in appearance yet. I am hoping she can get some success from trying this.
When you say improvement, what exactly is it? Shedding less hair? Again, thanks for sharing.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Lara1, I have recommended your "salt" therapy to one co-worker from the office. She has recently experienced great hair loss for no apparent reason. She went to see her doctor and get blood tested and everything but couldn't determine the cause. She is really depressed from this, although I don't think it's that obvious in appearance yet. I am hoping she can get some success from trying this.
When you say improvement, what exactly is it? Shedding less hair? Again, thanks for sharing.

Iaimei, you are very welcome. I hope it will help your co-worker! When I said that I saw an improvement, I meant that after 5 times using the salt before washing my hair (I wash it every day), my hair wasn't shedding as much.
Did your co-worker have been seen by a regular family doctor or by an endocrinologist? I would suggest to see an endocrinologist.
Please, let me know if salt helped her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
A good diet may help?? Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
the main culprit for hair loss is stress and poor diet... Eat proper balanced food, live healthy.... this is the way to go.... Smile Smile Smile

Lara1 wrote:
Hi,
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree that improving diet is probably the best thing to do. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies. Drinking juiced vegetables and fruits will also help (especially dark green vegetables like kale, as they are rich in minerals.)
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, when I was in my 20's I had very thick hair but it use to shed allot. Years later I found out that hormone imbalance can cause hair fall. Now I am in my 40's and no I do not have the same gorgeous hair of my 20's,but it is still very shiny and very healthy. It definitely does not look like the hair of a middle age women. I use Rosemary oil or Coconut oil from India prior to washing my hair.
Khadiga
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

For myself i tried Sorciere "hair grower" ;extracted from garlic without the smell of course; Japanese made, just to add more volume. It's perfect.

Ironically enough, i used Rausch "Hair tincture" for the same reason. It resulted in hair loss. Shock

Then, I returned to Sorciere to cure what happened. Cool
nette
5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="jade-1234"]the main culprit for hair loss is stress and poor diet... Eat proper balanced food, live healthy.... this is the way to go.... Smile Smile Smile

Sorry, but while diet and stress can affect hair loss, it is not the "main culprit". Hormones are known to wreak havoc on hair, and if you're a person going through hormonal issues and having hair loss, you can eat a perfect diet and it will do nada for your hair loss. I encourage anyone going through this, please do research, lots of it, there are products out there which can help.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |