Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Smoking cause more blackheads on nose??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Heard that smoking women got more blackheads on nose, is that true? Does any ladies having this problem? If yes, would like to know what cleansing products you recommend - cleansing/mask? Perhaps someone would tell me to stop smoking rightaway. Confused
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
i think not only the nose, the skin of the smoking person (esp ladies) is worse than the non-smoking. i think the chemicals affect our body and display on the skin. Rolling Eyes
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I know loads of people that smoke and I never heard of this before or witness my friends having blackheads on their noses thought they do have lots of lines or the making of lines over their top lips. I suppose it depends on how much one smokes and for how long
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I know loads of people that smoke and I never heard of this before or witness my friends having blackheads on their noses thought they do have lots of lines or the making of lines over their top lips. I suppose it depends on how much one smokes and for how long
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been a heavy smoker for close to 50 years and have never heard this before. (I also just started to get lines under my eyes this past year.)

I'm in no way advocating smoking and wish I could have quit decades ago. I'm only stating the facts of my experience.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
There are plenty of other reasons, besides blackheads (which I don't know if smoking causes them or not), to quit smoking!

You should quit for your health, not just because it might cause blackheads.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I believe there might be some truth to this. I have NEVER smoked in my life, however, I used to go to a lot of concerts where there would be a lot of people smoking, and I always noticed the next day that I had more blackheads, congestion, etc. If you are prone to clogged pores and congestion, it would definitely be the safest bet IMO to stay out of places where there might be smoking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
jcyhung wrote:
Heard that smoking women got more blackheads on nose, is that true? Does any ladies having this problem? If yes, would like to know what cleansing products you recommend - cleansing/mask? Perhaps someone would tell me to stop smoking rightaway. Confused

Other than the blackheads problem, soon you will find you have more prominent vertical lines around your lips. So quit smoking now and stay healthy and pretty.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I smoke, have done so for over 20 years despite several attempts to quit. I did notice my skin appeared to a little more clear when I quit, but now that I'm smoking again my skin is STILL clear.

I attribute this to the new skincare products I've been using this past year and supplements I take. I no longer have blackheads at all, and that's saying a great deal for overall improvement!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've smoked for forty years and have great skin - much better because of skincare products; but never anything like the wives' tale threatened.

One of the ways I excuse my continued habit is that it doesn't show in my face yet.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:

One of the ways I excuse my continued habit is that it doesn't show in my face yet.

Same here. I don't worry too much, most of the time, about my light smoking (10 or less a day) as most of my lifestyle habits are pretty good, eg, have exercised hard most of my life, never intentionally exposed myself to the sun and my diet is pretty good, almost entirely fresh fruit and vegetables and never anything processed, frozen or from a tin.

Obviously I would never advocate smoking, any more than I would advocate sitting on a sofa watching TV all day eating Oreos and Pringles, but I think it's a question of balance. Nobody (well not that I've met) has a perfect lifestyle but keeping the bad stuff like smoking to a minimum is definitely a good idea, for your skin and health in general. Best to avoid smoking completely, if you can... from someone who's been smoking on and off since I was 15... sigh... cough
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
There are plenty of other reasons, besides blackheads (which I don't know if smoking causes them or not), to quit smoking!

You should quit for your health, not just because it might cause blackheads.
Very Happy

I agree!
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
heard that it is becuase of the "tar"! But seems that til now, not much have of u hv this problem.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am a smoker (but not a heavy one) but i've never noticed such problem... I do have some blackheads ( i guess everyone has, right?) but not excessive... and barely noticeable. So i bet they are not from smoking... Rolling Eyes
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm a smoker for almost 10 years now. But I've never had any problems with my skin. I barely have any pimples...
I guess drinking more water to detoxify your body may help....
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I don't think so... the worst thing you can do is smoking... it worsen your skin over time and aged fast! the blackheads are the result of not properly cleansing the face, etc... use a proper cleansing liquid for your face, not "soap", unless it is "natural soap"...

jcyhung wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |