Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF-Sunblock now available!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm on Pure Skin mailing list and received a notice that their most anticipated facial sunblock is available in both SPF30 and SPF50. It's not a purely physical sunblock that I like to stick with, but I'm willing to try it because the ingredients otherwise look very nice and NON-PORE CLOGGING! Very Happy

Introductory pricing is 15% off. 2 oz. of SPF30is only $16 usd, with discount it's 13.60. 2 oz. of SPF50 is only $18 USD, less 15% discount of $15.30.

I already ordered it and can't wait to try it, I'll post a review after a couple weeks of use.

Link below, so you can look at the luciousness of the ingredients Smile

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=FFFF&keywords=all

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Does Oxybenzon in the ingredient list block UVA? If not, which one in the list does then? I thought only either zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, avobenzone (which may also be listed as Parsol 1789 or butyl thoxydibenzoylmethane), Mexoryl SX, or Tinosorb are UVA filters.
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Seems they forgot putting a good UVA filter? I think Oxybenzone only blocks a cerntain specturm of UVA.
karianne
5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
The spf 50 has titanium dioxide in it.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi all... Very Happy Athena asked me to pop in on this thread & answer some questions. So far the only question I can see is if the Oxybenzone is a UVA blocker. No, it is a UVA absorber. It is not a physical sunscreen ingredient. The titanium dioxide is the physical sunblock in this formula. Uno is right in that oxybenzone only absorbs a portion of the UVA spectrum. There is no chemcial susncreen ingredient currently available to formulators that absorbs the entire UVA spectrum. So the important thing is to make sure that the formula contains a UVA absorber that works in the 320-340nm range of the UVA spectrum, which oxybenzone does. This is the range where most UVA related sun damage occurs in skin.
HTH,
Darren
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Darren!

With all the confusion there is about sunscreen or sunblock, it's great to hear it from the source! Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
No problem! Understanding sunscreen ingredients is very tricky. They work in tandem with each other & depending on their combination & proprtions in the formula, they can boost the SPF rating of other ingredients in the formula. You really can't look at a sunscreen & pick it apart ingredient-by-ingredient. It just doesn't work that way - which is why there is so much testing necessary to get the final formula certified. Hope I'm not boring you! Laughing

athena123 wrote:
Thanks Darren!

With all the confusion there is about sunscreen or sunblock, it's great to hear it from the source! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Not at all, sunscreen is one of the more interesting and confusing topics Very Happy - one of the reasons I've avoided using chemical sunscreens is the possible reaction to mineral makeup. Is oxybenzone stable and does it tend to react to minerals?

Thanks,

pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Athena,
I emailed our chemist your question and this was his response:
"Oxybenzone is incompatible with bases, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides and strong oxidizing agents. I would think it to be destabilized more easily by variances in pH than by interaction with inert minerals."
I'm guessing that it would be fine with mineral makeup - Titanium dioxide & zinc oxide are often used in sunscreen formulas with oxybenzone. And those are usually present in higher concentrations in mineral makeup I think. The only makeup ingredients I am not sure of would be the iron oxides used as colorants. But I'm not very well versed on mineral makeup, so I can't say for sure....

athena123 wrote:
Not at all, sunscreen is one of the more interesting and confusing topics Very Happy - one of the reasons I've avoided using chemical sunscreens is the possible reaction to mineral makeup. Is oxybenzone stable and does it tend to react to minerals?

Thanks,

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Darren for your quick and detailed responses to our questions.

Just curious, would you consider to make a physical SFP30 then?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean an SPF30 with titanium dioxide?

iaimei wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:

iaimei wrote:

Yes. Or with Zinc?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Well, I guess if there was enough interest/demand for it, we could look into it. It just seemed that the people surveyed who wanted a phsyical sunblock also wanted a high SPF, whereas the people who preferred an SPF around 30 did not want a physical sunblock ingredient (titanium or zinc) at all. So that's why we went with the formulas that we did.

iaimei wrote:
pbsadhaka wrote:

iaimei wrote:

Yes. Or with Zinc?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, I can only speak for myself. I love PSF products and I would love to have a SS that I can wear everyday and goes well with the rest of the line. I want to be assured that the SS I use gives me enough protection but on the other hand I don't think I need to put on a SPF 50 day-in and day-out given I don't stay outdoor for long period of time. I believe SPF 30 is adequate for me.

Please correct me if I am wrong, the higher SPF usually comes with heavier (greasier) texture?And that's the reason I don't like putting on a high SPF (>30) everyday. Maybe the new PSF sun product is the exception? I find it's the case as with most of products I have tried, but I don't know if that's just my misconception?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
You make a good point. I agree with you about most high SPF susncreens having that heavy, greasy texture. It's probably because the chemical sunscreen agents are oil-soluble. But there are other ingredients that can be added to the formula to decrease the greasy afterfeel & give the product a more matte finish. Those would be either clyclomethicones, or organic solvents that give a more silky, natural feel to the skin once the product dries.
I personally dislike the heavy feel of some high SPF susncreens, but I can honestly say that this formula does not leave my skin feeling "suffocated" like other brands I have tried. But that's just my personal opinion.
Smile
iaimei wrote:
Well, I can only speak for myself. I love PSF products and I would love to have a SS that I can wear everyday and goes well with the rest of the line. I want to be assured that the SS I use gives me enough protection but on the other hand I don't think I need to put on a SPF 50 day-in and day-out given I don't stay outdoor for long period of time. I believe SPF 30 is adequate for me.

Please correct me if I am wrong, the higher SPF usually comes with heavier (greasier) texture?And that's the reason I don't like putting on a high SPF (>30) everyday. Maybe the new PSF sun product is the exception? I find it's the case as with most of products I have tried, but I don't know if that's just my misconception?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, count me in! Very Happy I'd love a physical sunblock because it's so hard to find a good one for oily gals like me. Currently I use Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer SPF30 under mineral makeup but I really DON'T need the additional moisture.

Some of the other purely physical sunblocks either leave me with a super shiny [not glowy!] sheen or break me out just looking at all the ingredients like lanolin, shea butter, coconut oil - all this stuff is fine on my body, but not the face not the face! Laughing

Wow, if PSF came out with a mineral sunblock I'd be there. Would if be possible to set up some kind of poll on your website in the suncare area so you could do some informal market research about the interest? I'd be willing to start a poll here, but not sure if that would be welcome or not.

And no, I do NOT work for PSF skincare, I just love these products! Laughing

jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to order PSF as well Surprised
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I received my order of PSF SPF50 last Friday, just waiting until I've used it a full 2 weeks before I post an official review.

So far I'm really loving this! It hasn't clogged my pores, always a huge concern to me and MMU powder just slides on top of it. It also doesn't leave my face super shiny like so many others.

I've even applied this ON TOP of my MMU towards the end of the day on my drive home and the intense heat lately has contributed to my looking like a train wreck at the end of the day and it actually IMPROVED my appearance - this after I've been out in the world for a full 10 hours! Laughing

Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Poor me Crying or Very sad
I just bought Philosophy sunscreen, have to wait until it gone. Sad
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Athena123, I'm eagerly awaiting your official review. I'm somewhat of a sunscreen junkie so this could be good (for my skin) but bad (for my wallet), especially considering I currently have four unopened sunscreen products under my sink right now!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just got free sample of PSF SPF50 from EDS ,just worry it would clog my pores !
Thanks athena123 , great to inform that It hasn't clogged the pores. Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
grrr just started my period so I don't know if the small pimple on my chin is because of the sunblock or my hormones - Rolling Eyes I'll hold off on the review until I've used it for 3 weeks instead of basing it on the 2 week usage I originally planned on.

I really like the texture, value, packaging and still get amazed by how light this formula is! Laughing

daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh I was waiting literally months for this sunscreen and was delighted to get the email from PSF couple of weeks ago. But still not on EDS Sad I much prefer to buy on EDS but think I will cave in and order from PSF directly if I'm to have this before summer is over!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for posting this. I received samples of both of these with my last EDS order, but I'm not sure if I'll be trying them - I'm a physical-only fan myself, normally, and there are enough good ones out there that I feel like I'm well-covered, plus I'm quite sensitive to most chemical sunblocks. Would anyone like me to send them my samples?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Thanks very much for posting this. I received samples of both of these with my last EDS order, but I'm not sure if I'll be trying them - I'm a physical-only fan myself, normally, and there are enough good ones out there that I feel like I'm well-covered, plus I'm quite sensitive to most chemical sunblocks. Would anyone like me to send them my samples?

I thought the spf 50 is a physical one, or not?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |