Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

anyone else break out from their hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have side swept bangs. My forehead is covered with tiny bumps and I got such a large cyst on my temple I needed my Derm to inject. I guess it is because of the heat because this was not happening a month ago. Also my perimenopausal oil from hormones does not help. Does anyone have a suggestion for something antibacterial to make a protective layer to keep the hair oil from breaking me out? Now I think MMU and even pearl powder breaks me out on forehead. The only solution might be to wear a headband to keep all the hair off but not so flattering on the way my face.
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
you could try the salacylic acne pads, and wipe your forhead thru out the day, that should help with the breakouts. hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem. I have tiny bumps all over my forehead. I would love to get rid of them.

Cindy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have this problem then my dermatologist suggested me to keep hair away from touching my face and make sure I do a thorough job of rinsing off hair products after wash.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
When you're at home, put your bangs back. I used to have this problem too. Be sure to wash your hair everyday if you're going to wear your bangs down, and try not using any hair prodcuts on your bangs. Using bha/aha serum really helps my forehead from breaking out, but you have to becareful to avoid the sun. Another thing really helped is when I apply camellia oil, IFP healing serum or even CareKate's Sebum Regulating oil.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
What is IFP line? Also can I use BHA's and AHA's if I am using copper peptides?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest, I'm pretty sure you can, because most or all copper peptides contain bha/aha! IFP stands for I Feel Pretty Smile . Here's the website, www.ifeelprettyproducts.com. They also have bha/aha products, which I haven't tried.. but I heard they're good and affordable. I either use Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion or ISC Active Serum on my forhead whenever I'm not in the sun.. but they can be quite expensive..
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I used to have this problem then my dermatologist suggested me to keep hair away from touching my face and make sure I do a thorough job of rinsing off hair products after wash.

I agree with keeping the hair away from the face. This used to happen to me quite a bit during my teenage years, so I started to wear my hair up, or pinned back. I don't do that as much anymore, but when I sense that I'm getting hot or will soon perspire, I pin it back. Seems to help.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Do you use a lot of styling products in your hair ? That might me the problem. Wen my hair was shorter I was using wax and pommade. I had to wash my hair every night before going to bed , because once its on your pillow , you rub it in during the night and that might cause breakouts. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to follow up on what katya said. I notice that if I wear my hair down, which means I'll put some styling products in my hair, it has made me break out in the past. I think my makeup helps shield my skin sometimes, because I also notice that I'll get a few blemishes on my neck but not on my face when I wear my hair down as well.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Prime Perfecting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)