Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Gift ideas for a new mom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to be visiting my old research supervisor. She's going to be writing another letter of recommendation for my medical school applications. I was going to get her a gift as a thankyou for writing the letter, but she has just had her baby girl (also named Hanna) so am looking for gift ideas.

I would like to get something nice, but I am but a poor student with an * spam alert * to skin care products.

I just wanted to get an idea of what mom's out there found useful! Thanks!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 9 month old baby boy and I was trying to think of things. If you want to get clothes, I would recommend getting 2 piece cotton pj's that are over size 12 months. She probably already has lots of sleepers, and since they grow so fast she will be in size 12 months before you know it. My son was in 12 months when he was only 6 months old. And I like the 2 piece pj's rather than the one piece sleepers.

An idea of something that she may not just go out and buy is a baby wipe warmer. They are about $35 and we love ours, especially in the winter. They keep the wipes so warm and moist. Something else that I never thought my son would like, but my husband bought, was one of those small blankie's with a stuffed animal head on them. My son loves his and hugs it as he goes to sleep. And when he's tired but won't go to sleep, we just give it to him and he hugs it to him and knows it's time to go to sleep.

Have you ever seen Robeez shoes? You can do a search on ebay to see them, but they are sold in alot of children stores. They are about $30, and I would recemmend the 6-12 month or 12-18 month size. They are leather booties that do not come off when the baby is crawling around. We received some as a gift and it was one of the best things we got.

HTH
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the blanket with a stuffed bear/animal head on it. Kids love them and will carry it for years. You'll sure to be remembered with a gift like that. If you can, get the childs initials sewn on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:27 am      Reply with quote
If it were me I would be giving her a gift just for herself. After having had the baby she may well feel like she needs a little pampering and EDS has some nice Decleor body products that should be affordable for you. The Decleor body products are really quite nice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I agree with bushy, since this is meant as a thank you gift, I would direct it to mom, not the baby. I bet she would appreciate something that says "take a little time out for yourself."

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll go with something like the blanket with the animal head (i was originally looking at those towels with the animal head hood, but the blanket is probably more functional). Additionally, I think I'll get her something pampering, maybe a gift certificate for a manicure or something or a nice bubble bath and lotion.
has anyone ever gotten anything personalized at pottery barn? can you do it in store, and how long does it take? I'm going the states this weekend so was thinking of picking something up while I'm down there.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with bushy as well...i always get something for the new mother...definitely something that doesn't require effort such as nice natural bath salts (or sitz bath salts) or even a nice large scarf/shawl so she can drape herself with something when getting up to do a feeding...easier than putting on a robe.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with previous posters - definitely get her a little indulgence for herself. Beauty products, bath products, chocolate are all things that will probably be appreciated.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think the idea of a certificate for a manicure or pedicure would be very nice. I'm sure she could use some pampering as a new mom. Also, she may enjoy a night out with her husband so maybe you could get a certificate to a fun restaurant in her town.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |