Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Growth Potions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting article about eyelash lenghtening products by Leslie Baumann, M.D., http://www.skinandallergynews.com/article/PIIS0037633707705211/fulltext
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Interesting article about eyelash lenghtening products by Leslie Baumann, M.D., http://www.skinandallergynews.com/article/PIIS0037633707705211/fulltext

Thanks for posting this, Chinachatters. It helps to answer my question about the RL and JM eyelash conditioners whether they contain the glaucoma meds or not. It does seem that they both do!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I already posted this once before but I will mention it here again...my eye doc was unconcerned when I told him about the Revitalash I had used with the Glaucoma medicine in it. He did not think it would be harmful!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I already posted this once before but I will mention it here again...my eye doc was unconcerned when I told him about the Revitalash I had used with the Glaucoma medicine in it. He did not think it would be harmful!

I don't think it would be harmful, but certain people like me and the doctor who wrote this article seemed to have adverse effects. For me, it was severe dry eyes to the point of feeling like some hard objects were inside, and the eyes got seriously red. The doctor wrote that she got swollen eyes. My eyelids did get discolored, too, but now after stopping use of RL, they thank god returned to the normal color.
Selesti
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have to admit that I bought one of these products, tried it, and had swollen eyes and contact dermatitis—so no long eyelashes for me!

I think that says it best. I'd love to try out anything to save my stick short Asian eyelashes, but at the risk of my eyes, I don't think so. Esp. after a proven side effect is not only discoloration of the eyelid but the iris color itself proves that the drugs take effect INSIDE your eyes.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the serum dries out your eyes ((but it is not the Glaucoma medicine ingredient that causes the dry eyes--its another ingredient!)) As someone with severe dry eyes, I had to stop using the serum after about 6 wks. I recovered quickly from the extra-dry-eye-syndrome, BUT here it is 4 mths later, and my lashes are still so long and lush!!! I think if you read all the reviews from the forum you will find a 50/50 split...people who love the serums and don't have any problems, and then those that do. I have to say, the dry eyes were worth the lashes I still have! Laughing
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
i can bear with the temporary dry eyes... but discoloration is another thing! wonder if that would be permament???!!!!

so tempted to try the JM one...
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
You know, in an miy group, they were talking about getting the same lengthening effect from squalene and from emu oil. Are those related to the glaucoma drugs?

At the time, I thought it was merely from conditioning eyelashes that get so dried out from mascara.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
This month's issue of ELLE (with Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover) has a short but informative article on eyelash growth serums and they mention Jan Marini and Revitalash in particular. Pretty interesting, and confirms what people have generally concluded about these two formulas-- the main ingredient is a form of the glaucoma med. JM did have to change her packaging due to FDA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
So is the new formula the same as the old in JM?

I have heard so many different stories I would love to know the truth.

Pip
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
In the ELLE article, they said they changed ("improved") the old formula slightly to make it better, but it's basically the same with slight adjustments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Both of these articles are quite concerning.
I am no longer sure long lashes are worth the risks involved.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |