Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Who's Getting the new Harry Potter Book on July 20th???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm totally excited for it! And do you guys think Snape is good or bad??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I know...me too. I think, manslayerliz, that the question should be "Who's NOT getting the book?". I'm taking this pretty seriously - almost as seriously as getting MMU match!!! I have re-re-re-read all the books in preparation and am obsessively checking muggle.net and JK's websites. I'm going to the Cape to my favorite little bookstore to pick up the book at midnight on the 20th...

I think that Dumbledore and Snape are in cahoots. I think that Hagrid will be snuffed out, as will Luna.
I actually have a fair bit of sympathy for Tom (Voldy).
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I love Snape. He's definitely a goodie-baddie, I reckon.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
A goodie turned baddie or a baddie turned goodie??!! Bad Grin Can't have much sympathy for someone who doesn't use shampoo or wash his underwear - sorry.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm hoping that Snape turns out to be good. Also, who do you think Harry will end up with? I'm betting on Ginny (or is it Ginnie....?) Weasley!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I can't WAIT! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan ... wish *I* could go to Hogwarts! Haha LOVE all the books, although I think the first is still my favourite. I am tempted to go at Midnight to pick up my copy ... they're opening at midnight at the mall a few blocks from me. Otherwise I'll be sure to get it first thing Friday morning.

I go back and forth with Snape lately ... I HOPE he's working for Dumbledore (and I hope that Dumbledore isn't really gone!), but then I have my doubts. I heard one of the main characters isn't going to make it which I hope is just a rumour .. I'm going to be a mess!

I'm also so sad this will more than likely be the last book. Sad
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I'm hoping that Snape turns out to be good. Also, who do you think Harry will end up with? I'm betting on Ginny (or is it Ginnie....?) Weasley!!

Ginny. Can;t see who else he would end up with... that is assuming Ginny doesn;t get it!!!! Bad Grin Ok, I am feeling a bit mean.

JK said that 2 of the main characters die... My money is on Hagrid and Snape.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
In the interim, who's going to see the movie? I read that Helena Bonham-Carter took on the role of Bellatrix because JK told her that Bellatrix plays a more significant role in HP 7. I think that Helena is stunningly beautiful but I don't like her because I loved the Emma Thompson/Kenneth Branagh duo and then he left Emma and ended up with Helena. So, Emma is my fav and she only has a small role in the movie, so I'm miffed that Helena has a bigger role. Harrumpffff! But, no, it won't stop me from seeing the movie..I'll just keep bitching about it! Razz
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I paid for my voucher 2 months ago Laughing I'm leaving town the day before it comes out so the bookstore is shipping it to me so I can read it on my vacation.

I think Snape's going to turn out to be good and working with Dumbledore.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Totally going to the opening of the film tomorrow in London and will be in line at midnight for my copy of the book. I saw JKR on Jonathan Ross and I think she killed off Harry. She said his fate comes to a definite end and how she cried after writing a particular chapter??? Anyhoo, I honestly was disappointed with the writing style of the last book - thought it was poor esp the dumbledore dying funeral bits etc. Seemed like she was being a bit sloppy compared to Order of the Phoenix which was well written. I hope that this one is up to her usual genius.

I think Snape killed Dumbledore to fool off you know who.... me thinks dumbledore aint dead and maybe fawlke has something to do with that...

to all potterheads out there..enjoy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
i am betting Snape will die... dunno why i didnt like snape that much from the beginning... maybe becoz of his hair style? heehee... Bad Grin
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
My little sister is a huge Harry Potter fan, I got fed up after the 3rd book (hangs head in shame), the things you do for sisters, the last 2 books I have been one of those people up late at the suppermarket to get their midnight delivery of Harry Potter books so that I can leave it next to pillow for her when she wakes up. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I think Neville is going to play a bigger part in the last book. Remember how the prophecy could have applied to him as well? I think the last Horcrux Harry will have to destroy is going to be a person-- anyone ever thought Harry was one of Voldemort's horcruxes? As for Dumbledore, I think he's definitely gone, but his death was for a reason and will serve a bigger purpose. As for Snape, there's a reason why Dumbledore trusted him so much, and I think we'll get more story behind that. He's a complex character that Rowling did an excellent job of developing. I can't wait to see how it all ends!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Violet: My dh and I thought Harry was the last Horcrux after the last movie and I still think you're right. I think Snape will turn out to be good and die (the hair in the movie is awful but you're supposed to be made to not like him).

How did you all like the movie we saw it the first day. I enjoyed it even though it was a bit disjointed. I'd rather not have had the trial scene in the beginning but rather more of Sirus's house.

I'll be out of town on book day but want to read it soon. It will be hard not seeing the plot on the WEB becore I read the book!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm convinced Harry will die, along with Hagrid.

As for Snape, the reason I like him so much might partly be due to the fact that a certain Mr Rickman plays his role in the films. Wink
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I think Neville is going to play a bigger part in the last book. Remember how the prophecy could have applied to him as well? I think the last Horcrux Harry will have to destroy is going to be a person-- anyone ever thought Harry was one of Voldemort's horcruxes? As for Dumbledore, I think he's definitely gone, but his death was for a reason and will serve a bigger purpose. As for Snape, there's a reason why Dumbledore trusted him so much, and I think we'll get more story behind that. He's a complex character that Rowling did an excellent job of developing. I can't wait to see how it all ends!

Violetanne, I don't think that the prophecy applied to Neville because only people whom it concerned could pick it up from the shelf. It was *renamed* Harry Potter after Voldermort's first defeat but that could have been just pure speculation. However, since Harry was able to pick it up - it must mean that the prophecy concerns him and not Neville.

The bit about the horcrux - I don't buy it. Why would Voldemort turn what could potentially be his defeat into a piece of his soul? Unless it happened without his knowing...which I can't see as he would still have to say the words, no?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like half the people think Harry will die and half think it'll be Voldemort. What I haven't heard before was the idea that Hagrid will die.

Why do so many of you think Hagrid's gonna be killed?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Hagrid can't die I love him. I hope its Snape or someone I really never liked to begin with. I can't really think of a second choice. I also hope Harry ends up with Ginny.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I think that Hagrid will die as he's somewhat of a tragic character. JK said that a main character dies and somehow it felt that Hagrid could be it. Though physically strong, he;s not very good at magic - having been expelled. Actually I never figured out whay the band on him doing magic didn't lift after Harry elucidated who actually opened the chamber of secrets. So Hagrid would be at a disadvantage in a wizard war.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Agent: In one of the books Dumbledore comments that Voldemort probably accidentily transferred part of himself to Harry (explains why Harry can speak to Snakes etc.) could just be a teaser.

I like Hagrid too I do not know how they can have him fight in a Wizard war without magic.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I'm totally excited for it! And do you guys think Snape is good or bad??

I vote that he just may be good. If Voldemort has been able to see through Harry then Snapes actions would make sense in that he couldn't afford to be nice or openly help Harry. We don't know much about Snape other than what Harry knows and he was wrong about people before like Sirius.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
violetanne wrote:

Violetanne, I don't think that the prophecy applied to Neville because only people whom it concerned could pick it up from the shelf. It was *renamed* Harry Potter after Voldermort's first defeat but that could have been just pure speculation. However, since Harry was able to pick it up - it must mean that the prophecy concerns him and not Neville.

The bit about the horcrux - I don't buy it. Why would Voldemort turn what could potentially be his defeat into a piece of his soul? Unless it happened without his knowing...which I can't see as he would still have to say the words, no?

Well, I think turning Harry into a horcrux may have been unintentional or maybe someone else did it for him. When Voldemort tried to kill Harry he failed and the spell rebounded. Who knows what happened in the interim. Someone had to come and collect Voldemort afterwards (remember, he gets his wand back from Wormtail in Goblet of Fire), so who knows how many fingers were in the pot. It would explain why Harry has so many of Voldemort's characteristics.

The prophecy still could have been Neville. Harry could touch the 'final' phophecy (I have to say that I don't really remember the touching thing, though), but right when Trelawny said it-- could have been Neville. Voldemort simply believed it was Harry. Wouldn't that be a twist in events, though? Maybe Neville will be the one to kill Voldemort in the end. Maybe Neville is the Horcrux!!!! Who knows!!! Anything can happen.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
It is on the market now! But when I was reading the phenix order book, I felt the story was getting so much depressing that I can not stand to read it any longer. Now I want to pick it up and finish the whole story.
emma1
5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've read it.

I won't say anymore until others have read it and we can talk about it.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I just finished it and it's awesome!!! I can't wait to get into full discussion mode with others!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |