Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
horizontal forehead lines-- wow!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Today I looked in the mirror and finally noticed something-- my horizontal forehead lines are GREATLY diminished! I have no idea when this happened... the last time I remember looking in the mirror and lamenting my forehead lines was about 5 weeks ago.

I've had these lines since high school.. even if I look upwards a little, my forehead wrinkles up and the lines form. I assumed nothing could be done, since my dad has the same forehead and I figured it was genetic. I've never even tried to get rid of them since I've had them since I was fairly young (not that I am very old now but still).

My focus on skincare has been battling combo skin and about a year ago I started getting acne. So it's a very nice surprise to find that my skincare routine is paying off even if my acne is hard to kick.

I'm not sure if the forehead wrinkles diminishing is cumulative from the past year of skincare since I started following the advice of EDS forum members or it's something I started using within the past several weeks. I used to be very basic in skincare-- cetaphil cleanser and combo skin moisturizer with a drugstore scrub once in a while. It was about a year ago that I started things like antioxidants, serums, bha/aha, etc.

So the past 6 weeks, I've started using a few new products. Not sure if any of these are responsible for my forehead or if it's a combo of all.

PSF Emergin-C 15% Serum (daily, AM)
Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser, Bioclear, Transformation cream (daily, AM and PM)
Kate Somerville Antioxidant Serum (daily, PM)

I was also continuing my use of Epidermx every other day to get rid of dead skin from the Bioclear. But I was using EII for a month before and I didn't notice any benefits.

I still have a face full of acne Sad
But at least I have less lines Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well Done Skim! Looks like what you are doing is achieving something-right? I'd keep it up, who know's what will go next Wink

I know how you felt about those lines, i've had mine soooo long that i hardly even see them any more when i look in the mirror Sad but i agree that my skin is looking so much better since joining EDS Very Happy
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
congrats, skim!

i am also thinking of trying the Kate Somerville Antioxidant Serum... but it's a bit out of budget for me... Embarassed
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
congratulation, skim! you will be more beautiful !
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
hey, any rating on that Kate's serum? Is it for dry skin ?

5% products discount

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I am a newbie here. My forehead lines are a huge problem for me. They are very visible even when not raising my eyebrows and deep.Like you Skim I assumed it was genetics because my Dad has them too. I tend to raise my eyebrows quite a bit without even realizing I'm doing it. I've thought about Botox but I'm nervous about doing it.

I had a microdermabrasion once and helped a little but the results did not last long and I could not afford to buy a series.

Any suggestions what I can do?
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use at home microdermabrasion over my forehead lines and they are much less noticable, I use 2-4x per week, sometimes I follow w a peel and then a skin-active like vitamin c or matryxyl type product to really build up some collagen where the lines are. I dont do this in the summer though, I use a self tanner, which covers up alot.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
You are smart to start look after your skin at your 20's when any damages could still be easily reversed. I wish I had known better earlier...
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Liv Luvs LS wrote:
My forehead lines are a huge problem for me. They are very visible even when not raising my eyebrows and deep.

Ditto. The only thing that ever worked for me was Botox. Made a huge difference and completely smoothed out my forhead. Unfortunately I can't keep up with the $500 per treatment investment right now, but when I can I plan to start using it again. My DH never even knew I got it. Just make sure you go to a very experienced doc. I still had subtle eye raising ability so it looked pretty natural.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Liv Luvs LS wrote:
Hi Ladies,

I am a newbie here. My forehead lines are a huge problem for me. They are very visible even when not raising my eyebrows and deep.Like you Skim I assumed it was genetics because my Dad has them too. I tend to raise my eyebrows quite a bit without even realizing I'm doing it. I've thought about Botox but I'm nervous about doing it.

I had a microdermabrasion once and helped a little but the results did not last long and I could not afford to buy a series.

Any suggestions what I can do?

Hi Liv, I also have those horizontal forehead lines [although they're not nearly as obnoxious as George Clooney's!] Like you, I inherited them from my dad and I frequently raise my eyebrows in a myriad of facial expressions... Laughing Since mine are relatively shallow, however, I've been able to use at-home treatments that have really minimized them. I use a combination of aha/bha combo, epidermxII 3 times a week, pumpkin peels and JB AlphaDermaCE [contains arigilene, a mild muscle relaxant] on the forehead area. Every other day, I'll also use a product that contains matrixyl as well. I'm not sure which is more effective, or if it's the combination of all, but I really noticed a difference after 6 months.

If they're really deep, however, botox or cosmetic surgery may be the only way to go.

Hope this helps,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |